Does this tweet accurately reflect the physical dating standards for men and women?

Does this tweet accurately reflect the physical dating standards for men and women?
  • Yes, it’s accurate.
    Vote A
  • No, it’s not accurate.
    Vote B
  • Some of it is accurate, but not completely.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• This is the internet. Any guy can just easily post some screenshot of a meme claiming the exact opposite.

If you're interested in facts, though, Okcupid did find than women rated 80% of men as below average attractiveness.

I see all these commentators and blog posts about how American men have such amazingly high dating standards. Then I go out and see how many young women are fat enough to look pregnant. I really doubt American women feel much pressure, if obesity rates are any indicator.

If you are interested in actual talk, then I'd say Lara Croft represents the perfect woman to most white men.

Now, do men expect perfection? Probably not, unless you're chasing your perfect man, billionaire BDSM Christian Grey. But the point remains. Perfection is hard, but let's see.
    1. Long hair. Last I looked it grows out of your head. Not too tough unless you are malnourished. Few women seem to care enough about looks to grow it long.
    2. Physically fit. Being that fit would indeed be tough, but if you just don't look pregnant, then you're WAY ahead of your competition.
    3. Boobs and ass. Well, if you're really desperate, you can get breast enhancement surgery, though most girls seem to pack on enough weight to get big tits.
    Ass. Well, do your squats and lunges if you actually care.

0|0
    1|0
    • Keep in mind, you can indeed grow your hair long, and do squats, and avoid being a land whale. Face and breasts are kind of luck, but long hair seriously helps a woman's face.

• Show All
    • Lady, we already know the perfect man is christian grey. Easier to be like lara croft than be a bdsm billionaire.

• And you're ignoring common sense. You don't have to be a perfect woman--you just need to copy some styles to be great. Have long hair, be fit, and you're way ahead of the competition.

• I'd say it's inaccurate. While I feel justified to have high standards because I'm fortunate to be tall, and I work hard to maintain my fitness--I'm actually very lenient in regards to female physical attractiveness. As long as a woman is slim and healthy, and she fits my subjective criteria for a pretty face (which unfortunately refers to hair length that's past the shoulders and a feminine facial structure)--I wouldn't mind going on a casual date with her. However, my main deal breakers are a woman's personality and intelligence (or at least a desire to learn).

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I completely disagree. There are a bunch of both shallow girls and guys
    Girls: talk, big dick, abs, $$
    ^that would be a bit more accurate
    And again some people really don’t care about these things

1|10
    0|1
    • I don’t think the point was that men are more shallow but that both genders are shallow but guys don’t think they are as shallow as girls are.

Or maybe I interpreted it wrong lol

• I agree men have to have lower standards as there are less suitors for them. Women have a greater range to pick from that's why they can get away with the higher standards.

• @Hapinus I am short, poor, have no abs but a small dick

• That's just utter crap. Some women have many more physical standards for men (and tbh height is a ridiculous standard to begin with) and some people, both men and women have very different standards than just those mentioned.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you all I ask for in a woman is not overweight, no smoking and treats me as well as I treat her. Other things are just bonuses.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 61

• Ok, challenge accepted

Big tits - not a priority
    Ass - damn sure I'd like her to HAVE one, because it is unhealthy not having an ass in the first place. But generally the size and shape are secondary.
    Make up - Just don't look like a Japanese mask, and we are probably good.
    Small - I'm 5'8". I don't have a problem with tall girls - tall girls have a problem with me.
    Overweight - this is the only criteria that I have. I don't like fat women. Slightly overweight is fine, but if you have rolls of fat even standing, I just don't find it attractive. Sorry. But I can gladly be your personal trainer, if you want me to.
    I will add my own input though. Most guys value face shape above anything.

Ok, let's see what expectations that women have towards men.
    He should be tall, at least 6 feet tall.
    He should be at least in shape, or have a muscular "dad bod". Twigs are not attractive.
    He shouldn't be TOO muscular. That's unattractive. Yuck.
    He should be "independant". That's codeword for "high salary, has a car and a house/flat, doesn't live with parents".
    He should be confident. How? That's none of my problem. Who cares if women abused his confidence all throughout his life - he should be confident with me. I like a man, not a boy. Also, I am going to test his confidence by demeaning him and mocking him in front of my girlsfriends, and giggle at him. If he endures, he is worthy of my vagina.
    He should be homely and a traditional manly man - one who values and treasts me as a woman, and understands my needs and difficulties in life.
    But he shouldn't be sexist, and should see me as his equal. I am not different or less because I am a woman. I don't need his pampering, I can do things on my own.
    He should be sensitive and brave enough to open up. That's essential to a healthy relationship.
    But god gracious, save me from wimps who whine to me about EVERYTHING! Ugh... no real men in the world today.
    He should dress fashionably.
    He should be casual. If he spends more time in front of the mirror than me, he isn't a real man.

I could go on.

0|1
    0|0
  • It appeals to women, and I'm sure it's true to an extent. Though I see plenty of women who don't try to meet even the weight standard. You could easily say something reversed for men.

Girls: "Has to be tall, have a car, a home, make six figures, have a sixpack, and an 8" penis."
    Guys: "I'd like her to weigh less than me."
    Girls: "Unrealistic, weight is determined by genetics and women are beautiful at any size."

0|3
    0|0
  • I think women have fewer standards than men, but their standards are more shallow because, like height, there is nothing you can do to change it. Whereas men care about weight, hair length, and curves, among other things--but all of those can be easily achieved with hard work and patience.

0|1
    0|0
  • No it is not accurate.
    This is accurate:

"I'm 5'6" and I'd like him to be at least 5 inches taller so he can be taller than me when I wear heels"

What if he just wears lifts when you wear heels?

"Ew, no. What is he? Insecure, gay, or something?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Not accurate for me. I'm far more interested in who someone is then their physical attributes. I'm talking to someone currently, meeting up next weekend. I know she has a pretty face but didn't know much else about her figure. I've been gettjngbtonkniw her for the last week, am very keen to see where it goes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm tall, lol, but no really the expectations are crazy for women, although if you think about it, most guys will screw anything with a vagina, because let's face it, a fat warty butch hag is probably better than your hand if you close your eyes, so most of the expectations created are there because women are competing to be more attractive than the other women.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell if anything, women have higher standards than men.

Abs, tall, nice jaw and particular type of hair. Men seem particular but lets be honest, if you show us skin it's almost guaranteed we will find her attractive.

1|1
    1|0
  • Well I don't care as much for big boobs. I just like them to be perky. But yeah curvy and nice ass is true. And it's only fair girls want a guy that's taller than them. But they also want the guy to look fit. It's not just tall girls want. They have standards too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl: "I want a man who makes six figures, is at least six feet tall, cooks, cleans, has a nice car and house, gorgeous hair, tan, is muscular, and has toned abs."
    Guy: "I like brunettes."
    Girl: "How inconsiderate of you! There's plenty of blondes that are just as beautiful."

0|0
    0|0
    • Except you can dye hair and I've never heard of a guy turning down a girl because of her hair color lol. I get your point, but your comparison isn't a very good one.

• Show All
    • It literally is as the majority of women prefer a taller man and height isn't something that can be change lol

• I know. I meant the part about the guy's demands.

• there's an inherent difference between base requirements and ideals. For instance, I would never date an obese woman, but if I connected well enough with a more overweight girl then I would probably find myself being okay with dating her. From what I see, girls are more rigid in their requirements. Maybe that's just my perception as a man but nonetheless

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how many bad experiences you (ladies) had, because i'm young, but i was discusing this with my friends and none of us ever thought that. Yes we think looks matter but they can be overpassed by a good personality and if a women thinks men only look for their body obviously their personality will never stand out over her looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls don't want just tall boys. They want muscular, handsome, 6 pack-abs, manly or deeper voiced, sometimes clean, sometimes full beard, more hairs to play on, 56" chest, and overall, they say "We want a tall dude"!!!

Think before you write about boys... We aren't always wrong and they aren't always right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls: "He has to be super tall, have perfect hair, a chiseled jawline and be muscular. If he's short I don't want him"

Guys: "Please don't be fat"

Girls: "Unrealistic. We can't be expected to be skin-and-bones. Men should accept how Real women look! So quit body-shaming!"

See? Hyperboly goes both ways. It's petty. Own up to your own flaws and stop getting fussy over meaningless generalizations. I couldn't care less what women in general think as long as they aren't the women I'm interested in. Treat people as individuals and focus on what each individual guy actually cares about. Things won't look so bleak.

Honestly the only thing guys almost unanimously agree upon is that being overweight or obese is unattractive. Everything else is a free-for-all

0|3
    0|0
    • I can agree with that last point.

The one thing I really hate is being overweight, it's just unhealthy.

• This is stupid as hell. Women are just as shallow as men can be. Not all women are shallow and not all men are shallow. The tall thing pisses guys off because less than 10% of the population is over 6 feet tall.

1|0
    0|0
  • Attraction is attraction. We all have our own preferences. In today's society men are being told women with curves, big tits, and a big ass are the perfect girls. Women are always told tall dark and handsome and big muscles are the perfect men. Most of both genders will believe that until they really start to figure out what they really like. Personally I don't care if a woman had no tits and ass. So long as she had a good personality, was caring, and has a great smile. But I wouldn't go as far as putting a woman down for her own preferences. I do believe we should give anyone a chance so long as you're attracted to something beyond a physical appearance. We have an idea of what our true love will look like, but love doesn't have a physical appearance.

1|0
    0|0
  • I once got rejected by a girl because I was too young. I'm 4 years older than her! I was like... OK... 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it does. I don't want an overweight woman. Even though 70% of American women are overweight.

It's the same thing as a woman not liking a guy who doesn't brush his teeth. It's a woman treating her body like shit, letting it look like shit, not taking care of herself. Who would find that attractive? Some guys would. But not me. Fitness is one of the most important things in life.

There's a bunch of whiny bitches on both sides.

But this contrast is really, really flawed. Yes. A guy legitimately can't help how tall he is. But a woman can most certainly, 90% of the time, take care of herself and change how much she weighs. If she just stops stuffing her fat face and gets on a treadmill.

Everything else for guys is a physical *preference*. They don't mandate a girl have a specific sized boobs or curves or long hair. Those are just icing on the cake. And a guy might have something he *prefers*. But he won't exclude women who don't fit those criteria.

0|0
    1|0
    • Unless they're fat. In which case, it's just a sign of a lack of willpower, a lack of an ability to take care of herself, and a lack of dedication.

• Not really. Most dudes talk about their ideal girl, but the simple fact is that we take what we can get. Girls are choosier

1|1
    0|0
  • Some of it's accurate, as in that guys can't help how tall we are... the only things girls can't help on that list is how big their tits are. So... what are we talking about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. The satire is there and pretty apparent, but it's not accurate. Funny though. Definitely funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • It goes both ways, some guys might have those high standards and some girls might want a tall guy who's ripped and rich with a 35 inch dick. It just depends on the person

1|0
    0|0
  • My standard; (Somewhat) Long hair, Weigh less than me, Be shorter than I am. She has to be 18 or older. That's about it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Ah yes because girls will deffinitely date the first six footer they see because that's their only standard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont see why most women think on that way, normal men dont look them in that way.
    In fact I have seen more of the unrealistic asking on women side.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously? Bullshit. I actually care very little for those things. I've found a lot of women attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • The first ones kinda true. I hear the second one a lot. I personally don't use the last one, but again I hear it a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Data I've seen suggests men and women are quite different here.

Women have higher standards, sadly find that few men can meet them, and then go for guys they think aren't that hot.

Men have realistic standards, but shoot for the hot women way more anyway. End result is the same, but men think they're going after hot women, women think they're being accommodating. Both are mainly going for people in the top quartile of looks. But men actually think average women are fairly hot, where women only think 5-10% at most of men are hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are more picky then men are and not many men are even that picky.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.
    Men aren't as picky as the tweet suggests, and women definitely care about a lot more than just height.

Men may have "preferences" on boob/butt size and overall physique but I still think men are on average a lot more open to sleeping with people who don't meet their preferences than women are. Overweight women probably get a lot more matches on Tinder than the average guy does. Same goes for women with small boobs or women with short hair.

For a man to be promiscuous he generally has to be above average in terms of looks and/or social status. The same is not true for women. You can be overweight, have small boobs, have a average face, mediocre personality etc.. and still easily find guys who will sleep with you, even guys who are arguably more attractive than you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• No, it’s not accurate, women are the ones with ridiculously high standards. Men have preferences but don't really care how a woman looks, they're just happy to be getting laid.

1|10
    4|1
  • I mean for some people. But everyone is different. There are people out there who don’t think looks matter and others who only care about looks. It really depends who the person is and what they are looking for.

0|0
    0|0
  • " women should accept the way we were born"? What about us shouldn't they also accept us the way we are naturally!! No matter big ass, long hair, small? Like cut the crap guys we should all accept each other the way we are... how foolish? 😠😠

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both sides feel the same oppression by society... You just have to understand you accept each other as you are :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, guys say that stuff and then they end up finding a girl that doesn't fit his unrealistic standards and falls in love. The guys standard in this meme is of a 15 year old boy who hasn't matured yet. Girls can have high standards too

0|0
    0|0
  • Its 50 50 some guys actually go on looks and their thinking is limited to looks but then there are mature ones who actually see beyond looks these guys also are there :)

0|0
    0|1
  • I think everyone has individual taste, and this tweet really only represents a small group of very silly people.

0|0
    0|1
  • Uhhh to me it’s alwyas been the upset and women have higher standards usually imo?

0|3
    0|0
  • Some men are ignorant enough to think like that, but I think the majority of them aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted C.

0|0
    0|0
  • True

0|0
    0|2
  • yeah, guys are conformists x_X

0|0
    0|1
  • Sad but true whether admitted or not

0|0
    0|2
  • No many men date overweight women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends who you are talking to. I know people who I can say true and others I can say false.

0|0
    0|1
  • Pretty much sums it up how shallow guys can be, despite always patting themselves on the shoulders that they are not superficial and only women are.

0|0
    0|4

Recommended myTakes