Does this tweet accurately reflect the physical dating standards for men and women?

• Yes, it’s accurate.
  • No, it’s not accurate.
  • Some of it is accurate, but not completely.
    Vote C

1863

Most Helpful Guys

• This is the internet. Any guy can just easily post some screenshot of a meme claiming the exact opposite.

If you're interested in facts, though, Okcupid did find than women rated 80% of men as below average attractiveness.

I see all these commentators and blog posts about how American men have such amazingly high dating standards. Then I go out and see how many young women are fat enough to look pregnant. I really doubt American women feel much pressure, if obesity rates are any indicator.

If you are interested in actual talk, then I'd say Lara Croft represents the perfect woman to most white men.

Now, do men expect perfection? Probably not, unless you're chasing your perfect man, billionaire BDSM Christian Grey. But the point remains. Perfection is hard, but let's see.
    1. Long hair. Last I looked it grows out of your head. Not too tough unless you are malnourished. Few women seem to care enough about looks to grow it long.
    2. Physically fit. Being that fit would indeed be tough, but if you just don't look pregnant, then you're WAY ahead of your competition.
    3. Boobs and ass. Well, if you're really desperate, you can get breast enhancement surgery, though most girls seem to pack on enough weight to get big tits.
    Ass. Well, do your squats and lunges if you actually care.

• Keep in mind, you can indeed grow your hair long, and do squats, and avoid being a land whale. Face and breasts are kind of luck, but long hair seriously helps a woman's face.

• Lady, we already know the perfect man is christian grey. Easier to be like lara croft than be a bdsm billionaire.

• And you're ignoring common sense. You don't have to be a perfect woman--you just need to copy some styles to be great. Have long hair, be fit, and you're way ahead of the competition.

• I'd say it's inaccurate. While I feel justified to have high standards because I'm fortunate to be tall, and I work hard to maintain my fitness--I'm actually very lenient in regards to female physical attractiveness. As long as a woman is slim and healthy, and she fits my subjective criteria for a pretty face (which unfortunately refers to hair length that's past the shoulders and a feminine facial structure)--I wouldn't mind going on a casual date with her. However, my main deal breakers are a woman's personality and intelligence (or at least a desire to learn).

Most Helpful Girls

• I completely disagree. There are a bunch of both shallow girls and guys
    Girls: talk, big dick, abs, $$
    ^that would be a bit more accurate
    And again some people really don’t care about these things

• I don’t think the point was that men are more shallow but that both genders are shallow but guys don’t think they are as shallow as girls are.

Or maybe I interpreted it wrong lol

• I agree men have to have lower standards as there are less suitors for them. Women have a greater range to pick from that's why they can get away with the higher standards.

• @Hapinus I am short, poor, have no abs but a small dick

• That's just utter crap. Some women have many more physical standards for men (and tbh height is a ridiculous standard to begin with) and some people, both men and women have very different standards than just those mentioned.

• Thank you all I ask for in a woman is not overweight, no smoking and treats me as well as I treat her. Other things are just bonuses.