What's your opinion on long distance relationships?

I believe they can work if the people involved are committed

3762

Most Helpful Guys

• “It depends” can’t be emphasized enough when it comes to long distance relationships. It depends on how the relationship started, “did it start at a distance?” Why that is so important, is because if you meet someone on-line, you met them in a convenient way, where both of you aren’t behaving as you would in person, and if you don’t test it, by meeting face-to-face, it can take on a life of it’s own, based on fantasy and delusion, rather than reality. You need to have an actual plan, commitment, in the near future, to meet in person and progress it out of the rut of on-line delusion & fantasy, if you met in person, then in developed into a long distance relationship, the probability of success, exponentially improves and worth it, if it starts at a distance, make sure you meet in person, ASAP

• It takes trust, loyalty, and respect. Long distance can be tough, due to lack of physical relations. But it is completely possible if the connection and love is there.

Most Helpful Girls

• It's not impossible to make them work, but it's rare they survive the distance. The most difficult part of a LDR is maintaining trust and interest long-term.

The ultimate goal of a LDR is to close the distance by meeting up in person, in real life. Few people get to actually meet up. So if two people can't meet up at all or on a regular basis , it would be pointless pursuing a relationship. The basis of a LDR is online communication,
    and that's not enough to maintain a healthy lasting relationship

• I have personal experience on both failed ones and successful ones. But if I had any other choice, I wouldn't be in a long distance relationship again.