Why do some women expect their bf/husband to be their "bestfriend"?

Men and women are different physically and mentally (duh). For that reason I don't get why some women expect their SO to be the person they vent to every day, be there best friend, and be as sympathetic as women. To me it doesn't make sense cause men dont perceive things the same as women, and will not give advice that women see functional in most cases. Shouldn't women only ask other women for advice cause they are better at relating to the situation and how they perceived it?
Why do some women expect their bf/husband to be their

2318

Most Helpful Girl

• When I vent to women, they throw their emotional outbursts to me and/or just comfort.
    When I vent to men I actually get logical solutions and they make me feel stronger by supporting/encouraging me. The male mind is wired like that.
    The meaning of husband to me is lover+bestfriend.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If my current girlfriend were to ask me what i think about a situation or how I would handle it I would answer it. My experience with this is i had an ex girlfriend and female friends in college who would hate my answer cause any drama they brought up to me I would just say "Instead of the playing cold shoulder confront her to tell her why your pissed off at her, and if you argue and never make up she wasn't a good friend." Their response was usually "that's not what's girl's do." In my current relationship my girlfriend talks to her older sister about those things likely cause she's the only one who has grown up with my girlfriend from day 1.

• They are toxic. I don't know, I love the way men are and I prefer to talk with men than with women. Not into the drama and bullshit.

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought that they technically would be best friends?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think your SO should be the person you are closest too in life in a straight relationship, but a man likely won't have the same initial feeling about a situation and ideal reaction that a women would. I wouldn't as my girlfriend how to handle passive aggressive coworker cause I hers would. be more subtle. If I did that approach I would still be bothered and make it more direct verbal confrontation.

• "Cause I know her approach would be more subtle"

• I am not even implying my method would be better cause men do dumb things and testosterone can make a situation much worse. It is just I wouldn't let something go until I argue out the bothersome feeling and make my point clear.