What do you think about online dating?

How can guys make girls happy through online dating? How does that work being miles apart from each other?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Totally agree with this 100%! I've been on them for years too and the outcome is always the same. They tell you what they know you want to hear but in the end they aren't interested in actually finding a relationship. Worst kind of "dating".

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah.. I was on it too... She was new in there so we became really good friends and talked 24/7 but suddenly after a month of talking we started drifting apart... we were already distant. She made a lot of new friends there who were famous on the site so she wasn't​ that much interested in talking to me then... although we still talk sometime but I really had a big crush on her.. I still do though... but as I know nothing would happen I decided to let it go and I just talk to her when she texts me and that's all... so yeah.. it's the worst kind of dating.

• I met a guy online and we dated for two years. It’s great and all if you find a good person but eventually you’ll feel their absence... relationships eventually need physical intimacy and obviously you can’t get that from someone online unless changes are made. You halt your relationship’s progression without physical contact (even just kidding, or hugging, cuddling) because that’s how many women and men bond psychologically. You also never truly know if you can trust them, since it’s online and catfishing is real. I’d say keep the geographical location close if you meet online because a plant can only survive with so much water.

0|1
    0|0
    • How did you manage 2 years? Woww

• It was a struggle. It was effortless at first but as I said in my original comment, as time goes on your relationship starts to feel the lack of physical intimacy. We broke up due to another reason oddly enough

• Oh... I didn't know you broke up... I'm sorry... well... I've given up on that girl... I'll just be a friend... I've let go of everything

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't understand how they can work. You don't know who's on the other side of the screen. I can take a few pictures from the hottest girl at my college and pretend I'm her. Then trick the guy who falls for it. You should only meet people in person by yourself or through someone you trust.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah catfishing does happen but u can find that out... like a girl I met on internet... I have her number... her Instagram... her fb... and she's real... I know that. So they can work

• If done right it is the absolute best way to do it.
    Meeting someone in person requires a looot of questions and time to really know if they're right for you. Whereas online you could meet someone and already half way know if they're right or not before even meeting them.
    I personally think tumblr is the best way to meet people cause you can learn a ton about them before even talking to them. And if they're the type that posts nudes then you already know what they look like naked, which is a huge plus.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dude.. nobody cares about what they look like naked... I don't care anyways... if I can connect with a girl well... then that's just enough for me

• Congrats

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I met my boyfriend on tinder just under 3 years ago and I haven’t looked back we started off at 80 miles apart and that’s now down to 20 - if the two people are willing to put the effort in then love will find its way

0|1
    0|0
    • I totally agree with you... though you're on lucky girl who found love on tinder... otherwise most online relationships are complicated and without physical contact they can't last that many years

• I know but this was back in 2015 when we were 17 and tinder was not so bad

• Now it's shit... and a lot of catfishing 😂

• It's about the connection not how close you are to each other. A relationship should be able to withstand any distance as long as it isn't an emotional distance. As to making them happy just talk freely.

1|2
    0|0
    • Yes.. definitely... we can't touch each other.. or hug but still we have a connection that's stronger than we know

• This is difficult to understand for people who never did it but i have done it a few times and yes u can fall in love through text. Bc i mean cmon if u talk to someone 24 7 for like a whole year no way u dont get feelings. Ur just craving to be with that person.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly!!! You're absolutely right!!! You know that you can't hug that person or even touch him but still you feel lonely when you don't talk to them... and you are so patient with them... obviously there's true feelings there

• I'm in a long distance relationship. Its OK. I love the man.

Just don't have insecurities, don't give in right away, don't give it all away right away, trust always key.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think a relationship should spark without a swipe.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it's great. I've had multiple online relationships and I feel like you can't have a long term relationship but it depends who's using online dating

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't think it can work, they will stop loving /liking you, since you are far apart and can't. Be close or see each other in person to get physical and they will want to cheat to find tbsg intimacy you can't give then

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't do a long distance relationship. I like face to face and being with the person. You can't do much with them not even hug, kiss, or hold hands. You can't never really know the life the person leaves or if they are who they say they are even with video chat. They can easily be in another relationship and it would be hard not to honestly. Your dating someone online but you meet someone in real life who could be a potential partner. Who would you choose? Stay with the person you've never met or the one that is tangible? I like to fool around on teen dating sites to talk in chat, but nothing more. I really don't want to meet a life long partner online if I don't have to. I feels more... special to meet someone in real life and be friends first and get to know and eventually fall in love with rather than scouting for a boyfriend online.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah... face to face is better but kiss, hug and hold hands... a girl commented here that she met a guy on tinder and they've been talking for 3 years and now the distance thing is gonna end soon "if 2 people are willing to put effort then love will find it's way"

• It is dangerous u gotta be extra careful
    But I did meet my soulmate on gag though

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's a little dangerous but on a public place you can meet if you trust the guy. I mean he could be everyone behind his profile.

0|0
    0|0
    • I met a girl online... been talking to her for a month... and she's no dangerous lol... I have her number, Instagram, fb... not a catfish too. Yeah that's true some people are fake and that sometimes gets dangerous but u gotta find that out yourself

• I tried it one it's too complicated and lonely

0|1
    0|0
    • I didn't feel lonely though when I tried it... we used to talk 24/7 but things changed after...

• Dangerous but fun

0|1
    0|0
  • It works

0|0
    0|0
  • It sucks. I've been on dating sites on and off for years now. Most people on there are weird and/or unattractive in some way (physically or personality wise) (I guess that's why they're there and single in the first place...), cheaters, players, liars or just there to pass the time and not really interested in actually connecting with someone.

1|1
    0|0
    • There are good people there too but most of them are weirdos who are only there for bobs and vegana... that's all.

• Well, I was too ugly to use an of the apps or sites successfully at least with that and the rejections in real life from girls, I now know that, I'm ugly.

What Guys Said 41

• I have read your comments in this post. Why have you not met her after a month in person yet?

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't just meet her... I haven't even told her I like her... if I do then we're already distant and maybe I'll lose whatever I have with her... gotta wait for the right time

• I've tried tinder, haven't met an SO on it, nor am I expecting to, just kind of a time waster. I think online dating can work, but it has to transition from online to in person fairly quickly or it becomes boring

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a waste of time. Usually full of fake profiles and scammers and if that isn't the case, it's usually full of women who are just on there for attention. I know there are always exceptions but searching through all the bullshit makes me think it's really not worth the time or effort.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s a useful secondary source to meet people to date.

But the primary source of a dating pool should be in-person.

The mistake most people make is making online dating a priority over in-person

1|0
    0|0
    • Maybe you're right... some people do it cuz they don't have the courage to go to a girl and talk to them

• That’s precisely what I’m saying! Too many people want to substitute approaching people in real life with online dating, that’s a big no-no

• I don't have much luck with the actual dating sites because so many bots and such, but as for LDR/online dating in that sense, some people work that out by being able to have someone to talk to all the time. They text, play games etc and eventually they work up to being able to meet each other. It seemed impossible when I was younger as I didn't have a job or car but now both of those things are what would help me actually meet them if we got to that point haha.

0|0
    0|0
    • Dude... I too don't have luck with these online dating and still don't... I've been talking to a girl since like a month and we talked 24/7 but after a month it's not the same now as she's made many friends there... I really really like her... but she doesn't like me that way I guess... so I think I'm friendzoned for now 😁

• Online dating is pretty lame. It doesn't replace real game and onve you do get a date you will find most of the girls to be catfishing, or much fatter than there picture shows.

Miles apart. You crazy man. Dont waste your time. Date local.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hope very much it works some day... people text me every once in a while but so far only people from far far away or hookers wrote me... I don't mind how far away but I am getting more desperste every day...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not online dating, but a good friend of mine met someone while travelling abroad, now they're together for nearly a year and they still manage to see each other, while talking nearly everyday
    So as long as you invest yourself into it, that works hard but still works good

0|0
    0|0
  • In the dating world, getting involved with someone you don't physically spend time with is the easiest way to lose your mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's a terrible idea. Takes a ton of trust and you have to be prepared in case the other person is just stringing you along with other men or women as toys. True love can never be separated. Eventually, one should move or at least visit.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmm... you're right though... I'm in one but we're just friends though I have a veryyyyyyy big cush on her

• I'm not saying you shouldn't. It's just very difficult and requires mutual trust, honesty and semi-frequent visits to survive. See how she feels, you know?

• Yeah... agree with u on that though

• It's good on paper but turned out differently (it's not safe/some dating apps have turned into an app where they only care about sex/I don't think the relationships made there last long)

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm one too... although I have a big crush on her but I'm just being a good friend to her... we've been talking for a month and it's not about sex or anything... just 2 friends who like talking to each other

• You mean long distance? Yeah, that works out only just enough times for people to have a bad example to follow.

0|0
    0|0
    • It has worked really well for some people though

• Like I said, it works out only just enough times for people to have a bad example to follow. I've seen long distance work out--I'll be generous--3% of the time? That's... yeah. Those are terrible odds of failure.

• Well yeah... I kinda agree with u on that though

• It sucks big time bc it's a bunch of scammers out there

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say online dating is more of a chance to break up later than otherwise

0|1
    0|0
  • At first why over hight disdance, platforms with hood user numbers have about 200 persons around you.

A little summery:
    For girls: You can use the most features for free or very cheap. And no matter what you are doing you will get many man writing only about sex F+ and all this shit. It will be a lot of work for you to find a person which wrote an letter which is at least not bad. So you nearly can't be active and read all messages you get.

For Guys:
    You will EVERYTIME have to pay more than female, in very good cases you pay the same. You will get a great choice! Many woman, but you will recognize that many of them are inactive/not reponding. Females get a lot of post so they can't read anything and if they do Ou have to smash into her mind with a very good text. So dont be sad if you get no response sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • It's how I got laid and had my first relationship but not worth it. I quit them altogether.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just be goodlooking & things will work out for a while

0|1
    0|0
  • Its embarassing, Degrading and not for me, I tried it for a month, I would rather be single than try and fail getting someones attention online

0|0
    0|0
  • I met many good women some became friends others lovers. Its smoking hot. You have to try it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had a relationship like that. Ill tell you the truth: I dont know the truth. Science says that its not really possible for a matter of various things that you probably dont care, I sure dont. The fact is that I loved it. From the bottom of my heart I've never ever been more happy in my life. There is something about being so far apart, but still somehow feel someone so close that you could touch her. You can't touch it, but you sure as hell can feel it in your bones and in your veins as much as in person.
    But there is a downside. Every single mile is a wall between that beautiful feeling and the real date. So yes you can find love by online dating, no its not easy, and well you have to have the guts to not settle on the online part, but to move on to being actually together.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes... I too need guts to not just settle on the online part though... I'll tell the truth... I'm not in a relationship with her but just good friend... and I really really like her... just waiting for the right time to tell her that when I meet her someday

• Show All
    • That sure is not a good thing. You need to leverage on something that only you can give, gain her interest again, make her want to stay with you. Than I think you should get a nice opportunity even to express your feelings

• Yeah.. well... I! I'm really trying hard on that

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes