Why do guys think they can do whatever they want when they're single?

A guy I was talking too left me in his bed to go have sex with his ex girlfriend and his justification was that he's single? Why do guys always act like you could be talking to multiple woman and to justify it you just point out that your single...
Also we had both promised to be sexually exclusive to each other.
And he didn't tell me untill the morning when I seen the hickey's...

17106

Most Helpful Guys

• He needs his man card taken away and given his shithead card... well have to have the repo crew to take his bits away. That said he's a scum bag. Please dont think were all like that. I am polyamorous but I can be exclusive if promises are made but he sounds like a real winner.

The lesson is you can find a pile of crap at (insert where you found him). You can think oh well looks good maybe a little rough around the edges and pick it up and bring it home in order to give it a good polish. You can polish it until you can see yourself in its shineyness. At the end of the day its still a pile of crap you found somewhere.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • They believe that being single implies that they aren't restricted by responsibilities and guidelines since they aren't in a relationship. It's such a terrible excuse and way of indirectly saying "I'm not committed to you". If this is the kind of attitude he has every time he wants to see another woman, he's going to be single for a long time constantly in non-committed relationships with others and possibly hurting them emotionally when they find out such as yourself. A good man would devote his time to you and never leave you high and dry like that; that they would be courteous and polite enough if anything were to change. People want to feel exclusive, not like they can be used for temporary satisfaction.

Thankfully not all men are like this but it breaks my heart when so many of them think they can do whatever they want without thinking of potential consequences for their actions such as your situation here. I hope you find more mature men in the future instead of what you just witnessed because he's such a bad example of a respectful man.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• It sounds like he promised to be your fuck buddy, and he still thinks of himself as a free man. And to be technical... he is. So he went and screwed his ex, and you found out and got pissed. Promising to just fuck you was wrong on his part, he should have been clearer you were just a fuck buddy. But to be real with you when a man is single he can do whatever he likes, even if you don't like it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • i mean... he IS single... it may have been a mean thing to do, but as a single man (or if it's a single woman), they don't owe anything to anyone they sleep with. cold hard facts.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE