Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
It was so hard picking the most helpful opinion
Np😊

That's true

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Insecurity isn't the issue in dating. The issue is how that insecurity manifests itself. If they're constantly bringing up other women/guys and asks if you're "checking them out" because they're paranoid then obviously that is a bad sign. Some people's insecurity rules their lives.

But if they're a little insecure every now and then, that's fine.

2|1
    0|0
  • Technically we all are insecure soo I don’t see what the problem would be.

Anyone who say they are not insecure about anything is someone who is the most insecure of all people.

If her insecurities doesn’t become too much of a hindrance then yeah why not

4|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Everyone is insecure. Some people just hide it better and most people deny it at all. So really it's not about dating someone who is insecure, it's you being able to have compassion for their insecurities but also the way in which a person actively works on their insecurities.

I've dated people who know I'm insecure about "shallow things" like my weight and they've tried calling me fat and telling me "stop worrying about it you're not fat so I'm not going to dump you" and people who blame people for their insecurities because they think they are "above them" are mean and if they keep doing it when you tell them to stop, abusive.
    So yeah, we're all insecure and it's about how you as a partner can love them regardless, like go out of your way to compliment them on things are are insecure about. As long as they don't try to play pity party all day everyday, it's fine

2|0
    0|0
  • It's okay to be insecure. I'm insecure. We're all insecure of something, and even if you're not now, someday you might be too. We help each other become confident in relationships. I just hope they're not too insecure and always questioning their worth.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 65

• Maybe.. depends on her qualities and personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is insecure. However she better be working on those insecurities and not trying to project them into the relationship.

4|1
    0|0
  • Define insecurity. Because some people are just way too helpless, no matter how hard you try to boost their self esteem. So at some point, I have to honest/bold and say NO!

Insecurity isn't sexy either.
    But if it's "curable", I'll go for it.
    Otherwise, it's a waste of time and that person will drag you with him/her.

Sorry insecure people. I know the struggle is real. But stay positive and positivity will eventually come at you

1|0
    0|0
    • That's fair enough.
      Someone who doubts themselves and how they look. Not extremely

• Doubt is normal. I would even consider it healthy, at some point.
      Everyone does doubt himself at some point. It makes us who we are and who we'll become.

But don't let it bring you down ;)

• A lot of girls are insecure. Not just about looks but about self-worth. Society, family, and female peers do a lot to tear women down. I've dated a number of them. I'm sorry to say, the worst offender is usually their mother.

3|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would date somebody that's insecure because I feel like at some point or another everybody is insecure until their partner makes them feel more secure in the relationship so if you're insecure that's not necessarily a bad thing it's just something you guys have to be willing to work on together

3|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I love reassuring people about their features and qualities. It makes them feel so much better and I get a real kick out of it because I always see a big smile come from their face whenever I talk to them about how they look. I mean you feel great whenever pays you a compliment, now imagine having someone compliment you over and over again right to your face you feel amazing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nearly all people are insecure. What does this mean? Someone who never doubts himself/herself for a moment? All people have some kind of issues. In fact, it would be huge turnoff to date someone supremely arrogant as would be required to never be insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • everyone generally has some level of insecurity so i wouldn't say i won't date or be with someone with insecurities. it depends on the severity of insecurities. if they are such that they are damaging to the relationship then no i will not date them

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind, not at all. It would be my job as her boyfriend/husband to help her feel secure, and restore her confidence. To help build her back up, whenever she brings herself down 😊

2|0
    0|0
  • Personally I find people who are really insecure annoying and I know that sounds harsh, but every time I'm around someone who complains about themselves I feel like they're fishing for compliments, especially when it's something to the effect of a skinny girl calling herself fat or a valedictorian saying they're are so dumb.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone tells you they're not insecure, they're insecure about their insecurities.

4|2
    0|0
  • Well that really depends on how it manifests and what they're insecure about. If they have like an insecurity about like their hands or some random shit and that's it then yeah, that's by no means a deal breaker. But if it's that they have 0 confidence in themselves and assume everyone is gonna hurt them and they become irrational, not letting me hang with friends, constantly checking my phone, starting arguments about cheating for no reason then yeah that's something I'd rather not deal with

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends. We all have our hangups and I can deal with that. But, I work a job where there are times I simply can't answer my phone or reply to a text. I tried dating someone who couldn't handle that. The last thing I need at the end of the shift are annoyed voicemails. That's the worst I've experienced and don't need that hassle again.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would do my best every day to make her feel more confident until the day when she doesn't feel insecure about anything at all and when that day never comes I'll just keep trying to support her in any way :)

2|0
    0|0
  • So long as it's not the type where you have to walk on eggshells around them because they're so insecure.

4|0
    0|0
  • I would just if she is willing to show and 'willing' to improve. Not saying she has to, just at least some effort is sufficient for me. Just she is insecure every second like that's be huge red flag then

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and this happens to me all the time. Most women I've met are insecure about their appearance, their intelligence or something else

1|0
    0|0
  • If you truly care about a person you’d help them get over their insecurities. Everyone had insecurities. So to not date someone because theirs are different from yours is dumb!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You haven't specified what insecurities we're talking about and I sure as hell won't know everything there is to know about her in a day.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes this means all my social media and text are always a thing that will cause a problem. But if you can't handle them going through your phone then don't waste their time.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• I think confidence is a better quality than insecurity. However, I won't reject somebody or turn away from a relationship I am in based on one minor flaw in the person I'm with but if the insecurity is severe then I might consider leaving.

1|0
    1|0
  • A bit insecure. Not very insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe... it depends on how they handle their insecurity. If they are always trying to not let it get the best of them, and can act rational about it then yes I wold date them and try to help them work through their issues.

If they use their insecurity as an excuse to act shitty and have no intention of trying to better themselves, then no.

2|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't want to deal with the emotional baggage that comes with it.

I don't mind or even appreciate (the trust) when someone is honest and tells me he is insecure about something, that's being human and that's totally normal but I certainly don't want to end up with someone who is insecure and doesn't have the slightest of confidence. It would annoy me a lot.
    Plus I want to date someone who makes me (feel) stronger, not weaker.

1|0
    0|0
  • Totally! I’m also insecure and i’m always looking for compliments so i don’t feel so bad about myself. I’d love to the the same for other people, especially my SO, so they realize how great they are and make some of that insecurity go away.

1|0
    1|0
  • I think most people are a bit insecure so it depends on how they show their insecurity.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But it depends. People react differently depending on how insecure they are, etc.

But I could try to work with it the best I could and we could work through it together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I would be a total hypocrite if i said otherwise

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. i am very insecure myself, so it would be hypocritical not to
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends to what extent. Everyone has some sort of insecurity it just depends on if you're work ok ng on those insecurities or not

0|0
    0|0
  • I already am. And I'm one of the most insecure people to exist so..

1|0
    0|0
  • No, i want a masculine dominant alpha. Not some emotionally weak beta male.

0|0
    0|1
  • It baffles me why anyone would want to date someone insecure.

0|0
    0|0
    • nobody "wants" to and most people dont scout for them unless they are trying to use them or take advantage of their insecurities, etc. but most people have them truth be told so unless a person is A:WAYS dating the FEW BEST ad more IDEAl parters they'll say yes, if being honest.

• You shouldn't be. Black dont crack.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I like a girl who's confident.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • it really depends on how bad it is

1|0
    0|0
  • I would

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, I’m insecure too. It’s natural