How do I message someone on tinder?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• If you meant literally -
    And you gotta swipe right on the guy/press the heart button, and if they have done this too, you both match and then only you can message. But if either of you disliked each other you won't be able to.
    If you meant it the other way -
    Not really sure why you , being a girl, are asking this...
    I mean do girls ever message first on there? I don't think so.
    And more importantly you really don't have to, the guy will definitely message you. So maybe try to give him a chance and that's how you message?

1|1
    0|1
  • You're a chick so just saying HI to a guy would probably work. If you don't want to do that ask a question. Hey before we even start chatting, please tell me you like sushi? emoji. Something fun and light should do the trick.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't how to use that app. I can get a man face to face.

1|1
    0|2
    • Thanks for nothing

• I believe it was a very well intended critic, Rachel. Stop living in the virtual world, feeding the hunger of technology and go out with your friends. Soon there's people trying to get to know.

• You have to match with someone before you can message them. If you swipe right on him and instantly match, then you should be the one to message him. You can do that by simply saying "Hey there!" or by commenting on something on their profile/pics. There really is almost no wrong way... for women anyway.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 53

• Look at their profile and pick out something that interests you or might interest them. Holiday pictures? Ask where they went. Pets? Ask what type or even their name. They may mention something in the bio so ask about that. All else fails just ask some random question that gets them thinking such as if there was one place you could visit all expenses paid but you could never go back there again, where would you pick. Happy talking!

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're messaging a guy just be yourself, and also dont take shit from them either. I'd just say do a simple "hey, how's how are you?" Or something along the more simpler lines. Too complex and you might be mistaken for one of those cam advertisement bots.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just like anything else it takes time... You will go through liking a lot of people before you come across a match. As a girl you should message the guys... Talk to them, the worst to come is they're not what you're looking for. Just keep at it someone amazing will cross your path

0|0
    0|0
  • The best thing about tinder is that you can message anything, be yourself, say hi and ask what ever you want. Fear of failure limits great experiences.

1|1
    0|0
  • You have to match first. That means you have to swipe right on him and he has to swipe right on you. Or you could Super Like him to let him know you are interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • you say "hey handsome" to a guy or "hey gorgeous" to a chick

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you can only message or see the matches when you upgrade to premium

0|0
    1|0
  • A dash of cleavage, a hint of low standards, a smidgen of lip biting, and a whole lotta "hey boy, wanna hang?".

0|0
    0|0
  • Begin with a "Hello, how are you?"
    Try to pick some information from their profile and begin chatting

0|0
    0|0
  • Trick question you dont. I recommend you stay off tinder since the women are bombarded with messages so they'll likely ignore yours

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. Tinder is where dating goes to die and relationships get raped.

0|1
    0|0
  • U have to match with them first, then at the top slide to the right and you'll see ur messages. Then tap the person and walla!

0|1
    0|0
  • Tinder really isn't ideal for a relationship, but it's definetely ideal for hookups

1|0
    0|0
  • You are a girl they dont message guys on tinder so if you do. You certanly have a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always use humor, funny messages are always an icebreaker

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be afraid of the outcome. I suggest trying to joke around at first until you get more comfortable to chat seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • First case, like the person and if the person likes you too you can connect. Second case, buy premium membership and a host of options open to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Say something witty. Correlate their photo or their bio with a meme. If you can't do that use amy cheesy one liner

0|0
    0|0
  • Anybody happen to run across someone named Christina

0|0
    0|0
  • You swipe right until you match with someone that swiped right on you, then you can message them.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Be careful whichever you do, I don’t trust apps... expect most people to tell lies on them.. so before you message look for contradictions in profiles

0|0
    0|0
  • You click on the match, type in a message and then hit send. If they've messaged you first, they should be on the list of chats. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be like
    hey my name rachel i like sunsets and beer wanna hang?

0|0
    0|0
  • Use pretty picture as the profile picture and say hi first

0|0
    0|0
  • You write the messages with your toes

0|3
    1|0
  • You need a match

1|1
    0|0
  • You can't unless they swipe right on you