Is it possible to love and hate your partner at the same time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• True love has no opposites, but egoic love does. As you can see from the comments, most experience egoic love without realizing it, and then they think it's the same as non egoic love. This is because most of us identify thought and ego as who we are, but it's not.

We are that which watches the thoughts, that which is beyond, underneath. We are the watcher, not the thinker. We are not our thoughts...

1|0
    0|0
  • That's the only way to love. Hormones make you see all that is right with them. Then they wear off and reality kicks in.

Everyone has good qualities and bad. Love means seeing the good and ignoring the bad.

But you need to help each other get there, because you can't just erase your brain.

Take each others good qualities and blow them up, enlarge them in your eyes and there's, give compliments, tell each other, those reasons why you love them.

Then you can mention a little of the bad qualities, but then cover them with even more good ones.

Then you'll find, that the hate becomes the reason to work on love. It's only as real as you understand that it's a place to fill with love. Then you're even happy about hating.

Otherwise it becomes an illusion, where you blame the other for your own faults.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• The love-hate relationship. You can. It just shows there is more depth to your relationship. Like with dogs and cats, you love them, but sometimes, they can be bad. As long as you love them more than you hate them, that's a healthy relationship, or at least from what we know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. When you don't care anymore is when you need to leave.

But it is like with your kid. You can love them, but not like them very much. The love overrides all, but you might not like who they are/what they've done at that time.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• i guess you can love someone with your heart and hate someone in your mind. but at a certain point one will affect the other. if you start to hate someone itll surely affect the levels of hormones/reactions in your body from loving someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't hate them. You hate all the little things they do that drive you crazy. But it all ends up being another one of the many reasons you love them. Like your boyfriend could be a clueless idiot. But he's YOUR crazy idiot 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • With only a fine line between love and hate and I'm sure there's lots of all relationships and the love hate category even some dominant dominant submissive relationship I've been love hate I know that has to be there is hardly no other way for it to be

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You'll usually hate the things they do but still love them in the end. It's like you hate your parents for grounding you for doing something they think was wrong but you think was right. At the end of the day you still love them right? Same goes to your partner when you really loved him.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont know think u can love and hate someone as the same time, u can like and dislike things about em. u have to figure out if the things u dislike about your partner are thing u can live with in the longrun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes yes and yes :) i did felt like that few years ago :)) but that kind relationship didn't last. Eventually happens something what triggers hate more then love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if they've caused you pain in some way but at other times they're perfect so basically you just get pent up emotions due to this

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah kind of but if there is any hate then the relationship is more than likely doomed in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think frustration can certainly happen, but it's hard for pure love and pure hatred to be directed towards the same person

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s possible to love them despite hating some of their aspects.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea it is but its up to you to decide if you want to end it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, a relationship should be an healthy status, not something that brings stress and emotions like hate. That's wrong in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • True love and true hate? I don't know about that, but you can be upset with them and still love them...

0|0
    0|0
  • It is common to hate some things that your partner may do. The question is does what you love about your partner outweigh what you hate about them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's very possible but your love for them should out weigh the hate x x x

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's possible to love and hate your job then that's possible too

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont guess? Maybe at the time, have a fight.. always resolve before bed. No matter what.

0|0
    0|0
    • And don't interact with first woman down in opinions. You'll thank me later

• You can't possibly like everything your partner does

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible but u won't hate more than u love if she is ur partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I live it everyday, the good must outweigh the bad for it to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• No, that's called dysfunction. You can't love someone you hate, but you can love the dysfunction they bring.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like i always love my partner but at times if we get into a big argument or disagreement, a little bit of that love is forgotten for a period of time and your anger gets in the way and can be mistaken for hatred

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, love and hate are opposites but kind of the same... Think about it, you can't really hate someone if you don't love them first. Because if you didn't love them they just wouldn't matter. This is based on personal experience, Even tho i never really hated someone its more like i just angry at them at times... lol

0|0
    0|0
    • what you described is more applicable on wether someone can disappoint you without you being personally involved. its insightfull but not always true.

• Maybe, to me it's more of the yin yang concept on how things can be different but complementary at the same time... But tbh i don't think it's true hate she's talking about, Hate is a very strong emotion.

• Of course, first there's a thin line between love and hate, they are the two strongest emotions we have. It's common to hate some things about your partner and love the majority of things about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • You only hate something or someone you love because of a bad thing in it, according to the that bad is it effecting you or your life badly then thats a toxic love, better try to fix it if can't well you need to have the guts to live it

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    you can be temporarily mad at them but still love them overall, sure.
    but loving and hating them at the same time is a toxic relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it is possible, already 12 years in marriage and 12 years of love, and sometimes ready to beat)

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate? Nope but you can become annoyed with his habits.

0|0
    0|0
  • might be but if u truly love him or her than u will be more love than to hate her or him

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I guess so