Only ever been with my girlfriend. Am I missing out?

I’m 22 years old. I’ve been with my girlfriend for 4 years now and we just moved in together. We talk about marriage and kids and I can see a future with her. BUT she’s the only girl I’ve ever dated. The only girl I’ve ever done anything with. I’ve never even more than casually talked to anyone else. Obviously it’s normal to find other people attractive and I would never cheat, but I can’t help but wonder if I may be missing out. I know that sounds bad, but how do you know if you’re with the person that’s right for you if you’ve never been with anyone else?

2435

Most Helpful Guys

• You don't know. Even if you have dated 100 people, you never know if the current one is The One. Long term relationships require a leap of faith; if your love is strong, you are willing to make that leap.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Nope, if you're with the right person, you're not missing out on anything, but don't expect to ever truly know if you're with the right person, you will never be sure, because you can't possibly know what everyone else in the whole world is like to be with. It won't even help being with another 10, 20, 100 girls. You still won't be sure.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• I think you just feel... My boyfriend is 9 years older than me, when we meet I was I'm high-school... I had relationships before... But the longest one was like a month... I wasn't the one to commit, and I never took it seriously and I never really did anything... I would end it so soon so we. Wouldn't have time to do anything more. Than making out... or a quick bj... When I met my boyfriend I knew I can't play him like that... At that age... People don't relay care about relationships... They would get over it in a month or two... But he was more. Mature and more willing to commit... I was watching him falling in love with me, and I knew he was serious about it, and will suffer if I just changed my mind. He Finished university... He would probably want a long term girlfriend to move with and eventually marry... And I never thought I can do that... But I did... I fell for him... And it was the best relationship I ever had... When I was In my last year he asked me what il do next... He told me they he planned to leave the country for a while.. And there is nothing to hold him here... Excepting me... He asked me if I'd like to continue my studies in a. Different, wealthier country... And he would get a job there, I would work part time we share the rent and we start our life together... I was down... He asked me. If I'm sure... I am young and beautiful and I diserve to enjoy life... When I'll be in my. Early 20's he would be 30... and have a serious job,... I thought a lot about it... I knew he was the right person for me... I actually wished I would've met him later in my life.. So I could experiment then be with him... But I decide to go for. It... We married after. I finished my. Studies... We. Have our first anyversary this month... And life is. Like a party... Best choice made

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I've got to say, if you truly love the girl enough to talk marriage and are serious an not having issues, you just need to ride that thought out. You are young and a man and its an urge, not a logical or meaningful though process. It passes. I was in a similar situation at that age and it was work to keep true to each other. You just get spooked in a carnal sense maybe. When the hormones level out and you settle in the later 20s and 30s and beyond, those irrational thoughts diminish. What you are thinking of doing will only complicate and fuck up your life and current relationship not enrich it. If you have some problem with her and want an out.. than get out and see other people, but if you love her and don't have major problems, suck it up and spend more time together so there are stupid urges getting in the way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE