Will you approach a girl with headphones on?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, I don't think it necessarily means she is explicitly hostile to human interaction. Sometimes I listen to music in public, but I wouldn't be bothered if a cute girl tried to talk to me. She probably doesn't want to be pestered by overly persistant men that she's not intetested in, but that goes for all girls--regardless of whether or not they're wearing headphones.

So yeah, if I was really feeling it, I'd probably approach her. Of course I would try to be tactful and charming, and if she seemed like she wasn't having it, I'd leave her alone.

I mean I think of it like this:
    Best case scenario - I meet the love of my life.
    Worst case scenario - she tells me to fuck off.

I have a lot more to gain than I have to lose.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 67

• Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why not?
    I've gone out with girls who I approached with headphones on.
    Really no different than approaching a girl who is out with friends.

Did I miss the memo that headphones are some type of force field?

1|0
    0|0
  • No way. That's how you get dirty looks. If a woman looks busy or actively deeply engaged in something, I will not approach her. It might be a different story if she "invites" me over with her eyes. If we meet eyes twice, she looks away, then keeps looking back. But, if she doesn't "invite" me over, I will stay away.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, to me it's an obvious sign she doesn't want to be bothered by anyone least of all someone who may want to pick her up.

She has to be approachable or not at all by me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will not. Seems like a surefire way to get a bitch look. Maybe I'm wrong though, but I doubt it. Seems like a lot of girls these days have their earbuds in when they go out and I wonder if these are the same women that wonder why they don't get approached?

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes i put earbuds on even if i forgot to update my music on the phone (yes im a dinosaur i dont stream) and hence dont listen to it. Thats how effective the earbuds are!

• Show All
    • I find that surprising that they don't realize that headphones make you seem not approachable. I personally put headphones in to avoid getting hit on because then I don't have to waste anyone's time turning them down.

• Yes if i dont want to be approached even though i dont want to listen to something cause its all old

• there's nothing Wrong with that, just be polite enough and start off with, im sorry to bother you but if you can help me with this small thing, just be cool. people are usually very friendly.
    unless they're having a bad day.

2|1
    0|0
  • No. Headphones on is international language for "don't fucking speak to me" ...

4|3
    1|0
  • Are you asking this question to know if it's worth wearing headphones 24/7?

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if she ignores me I'll yank her ear buds out her ear.

Bitch better show some respect

1|0
    1|1
  • Only if she gave me hints that she would want me to

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah I would fuck her headphones daddy is home!

1|0
    1|0
  • Depends on the look on her face. If she looks pissed or upset, no I wouldn't. If she looks sad, I would just ask if they were okay and if they put there headphones back in or leave them in. Then I'll just buzz off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Possibly, if she's not paying attention... I don't want her to get hurt.

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously a girl with headphones is what a music lover would want

1|0
    0|0
  • Headphones should mean that they don't want to be disturbed. At least that is always why I put them on.

1|1
    1|0
  • No. They are listening to music because they want to listen to music. They don't wear them to start conversations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Rarely because I feel like she doesn't want to be bothered. That's why she's shutting herself off and listening to music.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, to me its a sign shed like to be left alone so I respect it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes that's hot even though there is no point since she wouldn't be able to hear me and I would be making the dirtiest comments towards her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah I hate people who starts talking to me when I have my earbuds on me and listening to really loud music so...

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• I would. They’re just listening to music. If they don’t want to be bothered then at least I’ll know because they let me know verbally rather than me just assuming to leave them alone. Assumptions are for assholes.

1|1
    0|0
  • If anyone tries to do that to me i hit them in the nads
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|1
    0|0
  • No. I hate when people talk to me when I have headphones on.

3|0
    0|0
  • when I put my headphones on it means, “don’t talk to me I’m listening to some good shit right now”

2|0
    0|0
  • No guy's don't. I used to get hit on almost every time I went grocery shopping. I started wearing headphones and don't get hit on anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time my headphones aren't plugged into anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's so weird so many people said no since I've been approached a lot while wearing my headphone XD

1|0
    0|0
  • No, only assholes talk to people with headphones.

2|3
    0|0
  • some do. they just start talking and smiling and gesturing more than usual.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not unless I know her.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. She's got em on for a reason

1|0
    0|0
  • My headphones in means I’d like to be left alone.

2|1
    0|0
  • I will if I wanna sit on her face?

1|0
    0|0
  • No..

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably, depends if I know her or not

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I had to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Isn’t the whole point of putting headphones on to isolate yourself from the rest of the world? Why approach someone who wants to be alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'll leave her be

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes