What are your most important rules when going on a date?

Okay, so, wow. A lot of people said stuff. And the difference between the guys and the girls' answers is really funny.

2553

Most Helpful Guys

• A few pearls of wisdom.
    First date:
    Go during the day. Easier to leave if it's not working out.
    No movies or meals. Can't talk in a movie, can't talk with mouth full.
    Bring cash. He might bail. You may need a ride home.
    Keep the conversation light. Nothing too serious.
    Limit any alcohol.
    Be yourself. Don't be fake to impress.
    Have fun.

• Say as least as possible about yourself, be humble when you have to and be spontaneous.
    Reason: The more you say about yourself without knowing the other person the more you'll be risking saying something you shouldn't. Let him/her talk then make a safe bet. About being spontaneous, don't use old cheap humour, be ready to physicaly express yourself and lock eyes with your date when you talk and listen. Adapt to the conversation and don't try to guide the talk by yourself. Take turns doing so.
    You'll have sex in an average of 2-5 dates, if that's the objective.

Most Helpful Girls

• 1. Don't move too fast - move at your own pace
    2. Make sure after each date, that they like you and trust you and are more invested in you then the previous date
    3. Be honest and talk about things that they can relate too
    4. Give the other person a chance to open up and let them feel their opinions are valid and appreciated
    5. Get the person to talk about their feelings if possible and offer a safe place for them to be frank with you
    6. Don't give too much emphasis to money. Chose a pleasant but affordable option and don't make it the main consideration of your date
    7. Ask the person how they are feeling before the date begins. If they are sick or sleep deprived or busy - reschedule so you can both enjoy the date and not feel like its a chore or unwanted responsibility
    8. Wear comfortable but attractive clothing on the date
    9. Consider the anticipated length of the date before planning how to financially pay for it. For example - if you know the date will last 6 hours - don't spend too much during the first couple hours of your date. If you know the date will only last 1 or 2 hours - feel free to have a date that costs a little more
    10. Go somewhere where you can be anonymous for shy people - for example - a gaming facility is better than a starbucks coffee shop since the gaming facility is more private. Or choose a restaurant where you can't see the other foodies rather than one where everybody can see everybody else (which is how places like Tim Hortons or Burger King are set up etc...)

• -Do not touch or get out your phone. Literally this is such a huge deal to me~ I HATE seeing couples at a restaurant not talking to each other and just glued to their phones.
    -I always offer to pay for myself but don't make a massive deal if they insist on paying, just thank them
    -If it's the first time meeting someone meet in public
    -Never go to either of your houses on a first date
    -No further than kissing on a first date
    -Be on time
    -Ask questions and listen to what they have to say