Would you date someone with a kid?

I always felt like it was a deal breaker.
  • yes
  • no
Even though I lean closer to no, im surprised the yes's don't have it by a wider margin.

102137

Most Helpful Girls

• I really don’t care.
    I would date a man with a child. I just don’t want to be involved or attacked by baby mamas and stuff.
    I’ll take care of the baby just like if it was my own.
    The only problem is really the baby mama. I would not be trying to beef with the bitch.
    I would be involved to an extend. Also know when to keep my distance.

• I don't think I would purposefully seek out someone with a child, but if it happens it happens. That being said, it also largely depends on the father's attitude, the child's, and his or her mother. If the father is too hung up on the past with his ex or has such a terrible relationship with the ex that it affects us, no. If the child has an actual hatred for anyone who is not their mother, that is a major factor, and lastly if the ex thinks she has the ability to try to dictate the terms of our relationship outside of her own child, that would be a huge red flag. There are a lot of hurdles that one must cross in that situation, but obviously with the right factors and right people it can be done. Would that be me... well, never say never, but it's not a 100% deal breaker by any means.

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on the child. I would date someone with a kid infact one of my ex's was pregnant when we met as baby daddy dumped her because he "wasn't ready to play daddy". I still consider her son as my own.

• thats pretty shitty

• shitty she was dumped while pregnant.

• Yeah it was she never forgets to remind him about it lol

• I am 33 and I do desire to be a father, although this would be a major leap for me not having that couple time experience beforehand. However, I won't rule out a woman with a child if it means I can find my partner in life. How we will date though with a child in the picture will be interesting. I figure we will have plenty of at home movie nights for a while and assuming we get to have very intimate moments, it won't be easy if she has to drop everything to be mommy when needed. It tests what I am made of too, to be what she needs, very understanding and loving of her and her child.