Are love triangles more common than people think?

2545

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I believe so.

The most common version I have personally seen is a setup where one person is in a relationship with someone that does not meet all of their needs, so they supplement with a third party.

That supplement is usually emotional. But often is physical (in the case where their partner has sexual dysfunction, they get that need taken care of by a third party).

Some friendzone situations are actually love triangles where the third party is used for emotional support. The sexual needs are being met by the primary partner, so the third party is limited to emotional intimacy.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I don't think so but I'm not sure, I personally wouldn't be part of one. If she didn't know that she wanted me I wouldn't waste my time, I'm not one to play games and I don't much care for being strung along but I could be an exception.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I’m more on the outside. Well I e known the guy for longer. Then he suddenly starts dating this other girl out of the blue. Now him and I are both stuck. Who knows what the girlfriend is thinking. She probably doesn’t even know about it.

• Well, if you don't mind being the side chick (because inevitably that's what you are going to be, if he is not with you he is not with you, he has an official relationship with this girl and not you) then do as you will but eventually that's going to get old because he will more then likely keep doing what he is doing and things will not change.

• I hear you. It’s weird bc he won’t let me go. He also won’t talk about the girl friend around me. It’s like he’s trying to hide it from me and him. Yes, I know I’m not dating him but I know he is still interested me 💯 %.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't know, I've never witnessed one in a real life setting. I guess it's very common for someone to have a crush on someone who is already involved with someone else, but I find it difficult to believe that people would be so rude that they would act on it as well.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • If I ever found myself in a triangle, I would take myself out of it. There can only be a triangle when on person believes they can have 2 others.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But if they are all willing, would that not constitute FMF, MFM, MMM, FFF?

• So you think give him space and let him figure it all this