1 y

Is my Ex Boyfriend making up lies about the current guy I’m interested in because he still has feelings for me?

So I dated my now ex for a few months; we met at our work. Our work is a store. That was last fall. We broke up New Years. It was mutual. He still has feelings for me, but he is dating his other ex right now. He literally won’t leave me alone, like we always end up talking again

Now this new guy that used to work here is back for summer and I think he’s cute. Because my ex and I are on friendly terms, and I knew they knew each other, I casually asked about him. And said I wanted to give him my number. For the last week or 2 my ex has been making comments or asking questions about my interest in this new guy, like it must be a joke, I can’t be serious, etc. And now he’s saying crap to me about this guy, like things to scare me away.. such as- his words- because you have such bad trust issues, I don’t see how you guys could work. He lives in a college campus and is into sports, so you know he’s in the frat house, he is wild, he parties a ton, and he then said “have you seen the college girls at ___ school?” Like trying to intimidate me. And then said you guys would never work.

Honestly the times I’ve talked to this new guy, he has been shy and nervous acting. He just doesn’t seem like the picture my ex is painting.

Would my ex purposely make this up in hopes I don’t pursue this new guy?

2
1