What are your standards when looking for a bf/gf?

They say keep ur standards high, what are they supposed to be?

2258

Most Helpful Guy

• They are supposed to be real values and personality traits that you should judge the other person against. Many of them should be up to your liking.

Let's start from the beginning.

Number juan:

When you first meet a person, there's most likely no moral value that you can judge them against. You don't know them that well.

You can however judge many things. Posture, confidence, how extroverted and introverted they are, how clean they are, and many others. (The more you pay attention to those things, the better you get at it)

The beautiful thing about this is that it's mostly unconscious (or subconscious, you get the point tho)

Number 2: First date

This is exactly where you want to make sure that that juicy guy who approached you all cocky and got your number is all you imagined him to be.

So you'll (mostly subconsciously) hold him against your initial expectations. But you shouldn't stop there.

There's many ways to find out if your sexy ass date has more than just presence.

Play a game with them.

Ask them a question about themselves, then they get to aks you one back.

Neither of you can repeat any questions.

Go crazy, find out what his granny's cat's name is if you like. But make sure you also find out more about what drives him as a man: priorities, purpose, principles. This will give you a rough idea of his moral values.

Keep in mind that people may lie, or in many cases, don't know themselves well enough.

Let me give you an example: any man on this planet will say that looks aren't everything.

But what usually happens when a hot seniorita comes our way is we tend to put very high expectations on her, that we later try to confirm with very little evidence from her (if any).

So even tho we say looks aren't everything, and we have standards, and we are civilised gentlemen yada yada, not even we know the complete story (some of us, at least).

So my advice it to allow yourself to be impressed, but don't be naive. Actions always speak louder than words, and it takes time to see a person in situations that confirm what they said about themselves.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE