Should I be worried if he didn't kiss me on a first date or am I just over thinking a good date?

I went out for dinner with a guy who's 6 years older than me. We'd been talking for months but only recently met the first time. When he came to pick me up, he hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. During dinner he was very engaging, very open and he at times spoke about us in the future... something like that anyway. I told him how nervous I was and he said he tried to make me feel better by saying how excited he was to meet me.

All in all he was a gentleman and it was an amazing date, he dropped me home and he said how much of a great time he had and said I shouldn't be nervous next time... Then he gave me a peck on the cheek... And that was it.

I feel slightly disappointed that he didn't kiss me.
So he texted me yesterday, asked me out on a second date next week.. Any suggestions as to how I can show him I do like him but not looking to jump straight to sex?”
He kissed me!!😍
So we ended up seeing each other for a couple months after this and when I asked if he saw it going anywhere serious? He ghosted me.

Men are trash.

1249

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls get offended at a guy wanting a kiss on the first date and other girls are ready to have sex on a first date. A guy rarely knows what a girl expects and he may have simply been playing it safe.

• This is entirely correct and a very smart move on that dudes part. Let him know what you want.

• It was nice! I loved it and he made a little joke during it, he’s so cute☺️ it wasn’t long but it was just right😂

• Men are not all trash. Maybe this one guy was trash but that doesn't make all men trash. Were there any warning signs?