Agree or disagree: Introverts are better daters than extroverts?

A recent huffpost says introverts are better daters than extroverts. Here's why:

1. Introverts are masters of mystery.

2. hey genuinely listen to what their date has to say.

3. Introverts tend to have deeper and more meaningful relationships.

4.. Introverts know who they are and what they want.

5. Introverts won’t spend time on the date staring at their phone or looking for someone else to talk to.

6. Introverts provide refuge from a too-fast, too-intense world

Agree or disagree: Introverts are better daters than extroverts?
  • Agree, why?
    Vote A
  • Disagree, why?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
No ones upset

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• True in a way, extroverts are of two types: people who are just naturally outgoing, and people who are over compensating for insecurities and other problems. The more desirable partner is someone who is innately comfortable in their own skin, and you're more likely to find that in someone who is less outgoing: after all, you have to remember that we're often only truly ourselves around certain people we trust, and that includes partners.

That isn't to say that extroverts who are actually quite reserved and underconfident inside are bad partners, but they're certainly more complex.

I was in a long term relationship with someone who was literally the personification of extrovert, the life of the party. I obviously got to see every side of her, and her way of coping with insecurity was by being an extrovert when in public. Nothing wrong with that, but such a personality needs someone who is very much confident themselves, and doesn't mind being in the shadow of someone who will always be the loudest, person in the room, always the centre of attention. Someone who isn't confident themselves is going to feel inadequate when people think they're the quiet introvert, when actually most people seem quiet next to someone who appears to be a totally confident extrovert. Not only will you have to be the confident one in private, but you can't ever point out that they act differently in different situations (at least certainly not when other people are around). She was a lovely person, and it never had any impact on our relationship, but I can imagine some guys would dislike having to appear the less confident one, despite having to be the one to inspire their partner to be confident enough to be happy behind closed doors.

1|0
    0|0
  • All fake. I'm introvert myself but I'm debunking these myths:

1. An introvert isn't an introvert because he some some "myestery" to hide. We just tend to not talk much about ourselves, either because we don't think it's relevant for the conversation, or we're just like to know the other person more before revealing our own preferences and lifestyle.

2. Being an introvert/extrovert is all about how you express yourself to others. Not how you perceive and assimilate what others have to tell you. Plus, being a good listener means that you are actively participating in the conversation, not just listening but actually contributing with your own thoughts and experiences. Introverts might have a harder time to do this actually.

3. There is an hint of truth in this, because introverts develop relationships slower, so each relationship has more "value". It doesn't mean extroverts don't have deep relationships, but on average, since it is harder for an introvert to open up to someone, when they find a person they're comfortable with, they tend to be more attached to that person.

4. No. Not at all. Introverts are just as lost and confused as everybody else.

5. They might not be talking to someone else, but might still check their phone to check for some dank memes. On a date you should give your full attention to the other person and it's rude to do otherwise. But an introvert might panic during a date, finding himself with nothing to talk about, and might check up his phone for something to save him.

6. Introverts are not less intense, or carefree, or slow paced. If anything, most of them are so stressed about things that they don't feel comfortable enough to talk about, hence why they're introverts. They are slower to build trust and relationships take more time to develop, yes that's true, but after you know them they'll also share their worries with you, they're not a "safe refuge" from anything.

2|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Agree. Only because they generally are not surface level people. The see value in more than surface level. However, two introverts together might get a little stale. Need a little extrovertism to make things more exciting.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah
      as an introvert I feel I'd match better with an extravert even though I can relate to other introverts better

• I voted no. My boyfriend is an introvert and when we first started dating I met other guys that I found to be more attractive than him who were extroverts. I chose I stuck it out with him because I thought he was the type of guy my parents would approve of. The other guy went to college instead of University and he was of a race that my parents don't like me dating from.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Interesting thoughts, but doesn't quite square with my experiences. You often have to pry information, opinions and preferences from the introverts.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Introverts are masters of mystery.
    Yep my date needs to be mysterious and dark. So i don't know what's happening.

2. they genuinely listen to what their date has to say.
    Thank you for listening I don't want anyone to talk back when i communicate so you got me there..

3. Introverts tend to have deeper and more meaningful relationships.
    Yes introverts are so deep they fell through the cracks in the floor and i don't see them anymore. Where'd my date go?

4.. Introverts know who they are and what they want.
    Yes introverts know who they are, but the world doesn't. I wish if my introvert is a serial killer or they just being nice

5. Introverts won’t spend time on the date staring at their phone or looking for someone else to talk to.
    What? They use ipads now? That's fantastic. Now they can play their mobile games on a bigger screen. My introvert ex woulda love that

6. Introverts provide refuge from a too-fast, too-intense world
    Only true if the introvert is good at sex

0|0
    0|1
  • Well, it is not exactly the case of one or other.
    You can't really say that it is "better" to date an introvert, because who is better for you to date, depends entirely on your own position on the extroversion/introversion scale.

As an introvert, I can't possibly see myself ever dating someone who is extroverted, and an extrovert probably won't see me as good dating material either.

0|1
    0|0
  • Disagree and I’m just a highly social introvert but nonetheless, the answer is no.

Introverts can struggle with confidence , struggle to express their feelings/ emotions , etc

Neither is extroverts better, it’s a matter of maturity and understanding of oneself and their own partner

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely disagree. Even though I'm an extreme introvert and I prefer introverted girls. Introverts and extroverts have their own strength and weakness in dating. Neither is superior or worse than the other at dating. It's all about compatibility and maturity of the individuals.

0|0
    0|1
  • I disagree and the reason why I do is because I don't think it has anything to do with that it has a lot to do with your connection to that person what kind of chemistry you have are you compatible I don't think it has anything to do with whether they're an introvert or extrovert

0|0
    0|0
  • HuffPo says all sorts of things. Some of them true, some of the less than true, some of them far less than true. It all depends on how they're feeling over there on any particular day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Introvert here. An extrovert would not be happy dating an introvert. But I do agree with your above points about introverts.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily, I find many of the best matches for dating is if one is an introvert and the other an extrovert, they balance each other out and find each other's social tendencies interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in introvert, hence the part of my name, and I'd like to personally message you and talk if that's okay! I'm not the right level to message you tho, but if really like to talk :)

0|0
    0|0
  • A walk to a park or a cup of coffee, then I get them to my house, we make homemade sushi or some sort of exotic food, we drink red wine and we watch a movie<- major introvert here

0|0
    0|0
  • Disagree, the world seems to think otherwise cause I'm not getting hardly any dates

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes and no. The best have a good mix of both. Being an extreme of either is going to have issues in dating!

0|0
    0|0
  • As a mega introvert I appreciate the points made, however I think there's also a ying yang concept in which opposites attract

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm introvert too. Girls likes to chat with me because I'm shy and in some way I'm little smart so they likes to ask me something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm a mega introvert. I only dated once in my life, and that was a total disaster. So. Wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a bit of an introvert and I'd like to think this is all true

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it pros and cons. Depends on individual what to take, pros or cons

0|0
    0|0
  • Introverts are crap at small talk... Dating is alllllll small talk.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's bullshit, generally speaking extroverts are savvier daters

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I agree because I am an introvert and I relate to that, I take the person I am with seriously, genuinely listen to them so that I can understand them. I see if they have what I'am looking for in them, and here is a tip, people who talk a lot about themselves and give a lot of promises won't be able to keep their promises and you won't see what they said about themselves in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both have their own strengths in dating. I'm an introvert but prefer extroverts because (generally speaking) it takes pressure off me to carry the conversation, and typically there's a better flow to the date.

Ultimately it comes down to what qualities an individual is more compatible with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the best daters are the most neutral, I think extreme extroverts and introverts will have the most trouble dating and finding a very genuine relationship and significant other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im an introvert, never dated tho... I feel like I'm so awkward tho sometimes, how could I be dating material😅

0|1
    0|0
    • This is as funny as it is sad lmao. I'm sure you'll find someone to date soon enough tho, everyone (for the most part) does.

• Yasss! I agree that us, introverts, are better listeners. For sure.

However, I still love my extroverts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know I’m an introvert and I’ve never found that helpful when making conversation 😂

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm a introvert and I think it's true. Also I understand the concept of free space and don't need to spend all the time with my partner

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like introverts are just more genuine people.

0|2
    0|0
  • Disagree cause Extroverted mean people are go getters we don’t sit around hoping it happen we make it happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an introvert, and a great date. Haha. That's all I got to base this on. 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah agree

0|0
    0|0
  • C) It depends on the individual.

0|1
    0|0
  • As an introvert myself, I think that this is bs. Arbus pretty much covered everything I would have said and more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes