Agree or disagree: Introverts are better daters than extroverts?

A recent huffpost says introverts are better daters than extroverts. Here's why:

1. Introverts are masters of mystery.

2. hey genuinely listen to what their date has to say.

3. Introverts tend to have deeper and more meaningful relationships.

4.. Introverts know who they are and what they want.

5. Introverts won’t spend time on the date staring at their phone or looking for someone else to talk to.

6. Introverts provide refuge from a too-fast, too-intense world

• Agree, why?
  • Disagree, why?
No ones upset

1632

Most Helpful Guys

• True in a way, extroverts are of two types: people who are just naturally outgoing, and people who are over compensating for insecurities and other problems. The more desirable partner is someone who is innately comfortable in their own skin, and you're more likely to find that in someone who is less outgoing: after all, you have to remember that we're often only truly ourselves around certain people we trust, and that includes partners.

That isn't to say that extroverts who are actually quite reserved and underconfident inside are bad partners, but they're certainly more complex.

I was in a long term relationship with someone who was literally the personification of extrovert, the life of the party. I obviously got to see every side of her, and her way of coping with insecurity was by being an extrovert when in public. Nothing wrong with that, but such a personality needs someone who is very much confident themselves, and doesn't mind being in the shadow of someone who will always be the loudest, person in the room, always the centre of attention. Someone who isn't confident themselves is going to feel inadequate when people think they're the quiet introvert, when actually most people seem quiet next to someone who appears to be a totally confident extrovert. Not only will you have to be the confident one in private, but you can't ever point out that they act differently in different situations (at least certainly not when other people are around). She was a lovely person, and it never had any impact on our relationship, but I can imagine some guys would dislike having to appear the less confident one, despite having to be the one to inspire their partner to be confident enough to be happy behind closed doors.

• All fake. I'm introvert myself but I'm debunking these myths:

1. An introvert isn't an introvert because he some some "myestery" to hide. We just tend to not talk much about ourselves, either because we don't think it's relevant for the conversation, or we're just like to know the other person more before revealing our own preferences and lifestyle.

2. Being an introvert/extrovert is all about how you express yourself to others. Not how you perceive and assimilate what others have to tell you. Plus, being a good listener means that you are actively participating in the conversation, not just listening but actually contributing with your own thoughts and experiences. Introverts might have a harder time to do this actually.

3. There is an hint of truth in this, because introverts develop relationships slower, so each relationship has more "value". It doesn't mean extroverts don't have deep relationships, but on average, since it is harder for an introvert to open up to someone, when they find a person they're comfortable with, they tend to be more attached to that person.

4. No. Not at all. Introverts are just as lost and confused as everybody else.

5. They might not be talking to someone else, but might still check their phone to check for some dank memes. On a date you should give your full attention to the other person and it's rude to do otherwise. But an introvert might panic during a date, finding himself with nothing to talk about, and might check up his phone for something to save him.

6. Introverts are not less intense, or carefree, or slow paced. If anything, most of them are so stressed about things that they don't feel comfortable enough to talk about, hence why they're introverts. They are slower to build trust and relationships take more time to develop, yes that's true, but after you know them they'll also share their worries with you, they're not a "safe refuge" from anything.

Most Helpful Girls

• Agree. Only because they generally are not surface level people. The see value in more than surface level. However, two introverts together might get a little stale. Need a little extrovertism to make things more exciting.

• yeah
      as an introvert I feel I'd match better with an extravert even though I can relate to other introverts better

• I voted no. My boyfriend is an introvert and when we first started dating I met other guys that I found to be more attractive than him who were extroverts. I chose I stuck it out with him because I thought he was the type of guy my parents would approve of. The other guy went to college instead of University and he was of a race that my parents don't like me dating from.