How soon after a break up do you start to feel you are ready for another relationship?

After a long term relationship ended I felt like I missed the relationship itself, not the person I was with. it's been a few months and I still want a relationship I just don't feel ready yet. is this normal? how long does it take you to feel like you're ready to try again?

1223

Most Helpful Girls

• Well for me it took so long. We broke up on good terms and i was in contact with him for a year or two which made it even harder to go on. I went on my first date after 3 years. But it still didn't feel right to me.

• It depends really.. this time I met a guy two weeks after my ex broke up with me. I didn't feel like talking to a new guy, but with him it just felt so natural.. like we've known us for years. So I guess it's about meeting the right person.

Most Helpful Guys

• It kind of depends. I have had experiences where I loved the relationship, and not my partner. I had already disconnected somewhere along the way, so moving on was easy as I had already started the process ahead of time.

Then there is the breakup where I loved them beyond the end of the relationship. It was traumatic. That is where some significant time had to pass before I was ready.

• length of time depends on the individual
    personal note: I was married just shy of 10 years, during and thereafter the divorce i was a mess. Friends with benefits helped to ease into single life. It's been 4 years now and I'm still uncomfortable with a relationship, mostly trust issues.