Do younger men like older women?

I've been dating a younger black guy. He's 23 and knows I'm 33. We've been on dates (he shows me off in public) and we've had sex already. He says I'm beautiful, smart, he loves everything about me and views me as girlfriend material. Right now we're taking it slow but we're close. I was wondering do age really matter to younger men in relationships?

2|3

Most Helpful Guys

• My girlfriend is 3 years older than me. And i actually prefer older women. They Can be like in their 30s for example (roughly 10 years age difference now) because they most likely have had enough bullshit to know what they actually want. Less drama, less emotional baggage, less fights, probably less social media dependencies, they are independent, more serious and many say that's the time when they get sexually crazy like teenage boys do. They get the things that actually matter in the right order.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me personally age isn't an issue, it's about being compatible and what both of you are looking for. I was 20 and was with a woman who was 45 and it didn't bother either of us. I can see why some people may not want it but everyone has a preference. If you are happy then I say go for it!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My husband does; he's 34 and I'm 46.

1|2
    0|0
  • I've dated 7years younger than me. He liked me not my age

2|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 147

• A lot of guys are in relationships with older women and they're almost all I prefer. Older have more game, style, confidence, and maturity. I even went out with a woman who was 47 last year.

I think it bothers a lot of the younger women because more young guys don't want them. Younger women lack mature development a lot more than people say.

1|0
    1|0
    • Younger girls prefer older mature males... am i dissapont u

• Show All
    • not bcoz of their personality and that sucks and it calls FETISHISM, u only have a fetish for olders...
      i think a woman who like herself will avoid u, only desparate old mommies will go for u

• @girlinthemirror Lmfao! Yah, yah, yah. I stopped at the part about me being close-minded. I'm not gonna sit here and read your long dribble trying to justify yourself and prove a point.

• Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the guy and maybe also the circumstances.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was 19 I was with a 24 yr girl for example. I think chicks in their 30's are bad as f***, 40's is pretty hot, 50's can be. It's really all a matter if she takes care of herself, age doesn't really scare dudes off in my opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, older women definitely are attractive, even moreso when they take care of themselves better than younger women. Someone like Tamilee Webb or Vanna White is definitely still hot, while that overweight 25-something girl who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, isn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not always, but often. Young men tend to like older women quite often. And older men tend to like younger women. It's different desires at different life stages. Very natural, and makes sense if you think about it.

2|0
    0|0
  • see that totally depends from person to person... as it in ur case , if you both have a great understanding as u are saying then yeah age is just a number... there is no connection of love with age... so just don't worry about it... but just be careful... coz some guys do date girls of age more then them just to have fun and then they leave... hope it helps :-)
    by the way best of luck to you both for your future

2|0
    0|0
  • The thing is usually older women are kinder and know what they want most from what I've seen are way less shallow than most females around my age so that's why a lot of younger guys tend to sometimes go for older women

1|1
    0|0
  • From 25-27 I had a girlfriend ten years older. Though initially she lied and shaved 5 years off her age. It was fun. She had a house and was living a much more settled adult life than I was used to. It was a nice change.

0|0
    0|0
  • The risk is that he's not done figuring out who he is, AKA being a fuckboi. It's the same risk with older men and younger women.

Apart from that, sounds great. Older women are usually more down-to-earth and tolerant of men's various quirks. That is super appealing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are not some monolithic entity who all think and act the same way, so it would vary from person to person. For myself, I wouldn't say I like or dislike the idea - there's no telling who strikes your fancy in the future is there? I just keep an open mind about most things and age is definitely one of those things. What I have found, through my own experience, is that older women most often, pardon my French, have their shit together. They're often (but not always) confident (which is extremely attractive for me), put together, mature, know what they want, and no longer afflicted by the insecurity and paranoia that often rears its ugly head in younger women. I prefer dating women to girls, so there is that!

3|0
    0|0
  • Well... it's not that were attracted to older women.. it's just that we don't care about being judged, u know?

Like... if there's a hot 30yr old that we like... we won't care if people be like "eww that's sick... she's old and wrinkly like ur grandma" u know? We don't care... we can find 30yr old chicks hot... but I definitely wouldn't say we're nor attracted to women the ages 60 - 90... we find that age group disgusting... we jus don't mind 1 being a bit ildee

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe you are the woman a mans been looking for and the guy your dating knows. Beknown to you, there are so many 33yr old woman who are an absolute state, yes we give them a chance but they fail even before the first date, they think they are gods gift and can pick and choose men at their watch, crazy is what you can call them. But you, i'd take on a date to find out if you are what your boyfriend claims.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only ever dated older women. Women my age and younger are just silly ridiculous little girls who quite litterlty are vapid and bore the bol.. ox off me

2|2
    0|0
  • It’s more of a fetish thing for guys. It was for me I dated a girl in high school we broke up and I hooked up with her mom it was awesome when I was 18. But as time goes on he’ll be 43 and you’ll be 60 then his fetish will be 25 year olds and that’s the problem but it could work great

1|1
    0|0
  • The answer to your question is, yes, they like having sex with them.

In your last question, 'I was wondering...', the answer is YES, it matters. It's all fun and games for now, but figure you'll grow bored with him, especially when he acts his age, and he will, and he's likely to find a younger woman. He's like a kid for you, you'll never view him as an equal adult, so there will never be that awe and respect so crucial for a successful long term relationship.

0|0
    0|1
  • I am (almost) 23 and I am totally in love with someone 34 and she thinks it would be wrong because she is older and feels that she would ruin things for me if it went bad etc. thing is we both view relationships, friendships, marriage, sex, physical contact intimacy the same way. Finding someone like that MY age is next to impossible. Maybe it is because I am in America and most of the women my age in America are shallower than a puddle of drool without any true idea of how a real relationship SHOULD be. Maybe I am just old fashioned because my parents are in there late 60's so I got all my relationship advice from how they see relationships. I don't know for me age isn't a factor (in most cases) personality first.

2|1
    0|0
  • I am old so I am out of the running. But I think you are going to find more and more younger guys dating older women. It is safer, easier, and less stressful for younger dudes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've always been attracted to women my age or younger--never the other way. I don't think I could ever date a woman more than about 2 years my senior. Lots of reasons (personal preference, anthropological, evolutionary), but... yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some men do. There is something erotic about it. I'm not into that mother thing. Women my age look older than me. And many with children and previous marriages, have much more life experience. Women prob do mature much faster than men.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's about the maximum gap for marrying (and having children). I have noticed lately that I kinda like older women too and if I would really like her, I could go out with like 40yo but I wouldn't have too serious relationship with her, because I want in the future marry someone who is about the same age (+ - 10 years).

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• Some do some don't. But 33 you're not exactly a cougar. 40 + dating 15+ yeard younger is more cougar-ish.
    (Supposedly...
    Single older men tend to want women younger.
    Single older women want younger guys.
    Single young women want older guys.
    Single young guys want older women.)

Whether it's just a sexual relationship or romantic depends on the person.

0|1
    0|1
  • That kind of relationship usually happens. Meaning it is VERY rare a younger guy is looking for a older woman for a serious relationship (for fantasies, yes, like MILF). Older men, on the other hand, more often than not look for, and prefer, younger women.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've noticed a lot of younger guy's pay a lot of attention to me but the funny thing is if they are hoping for a experienced woman they might as well give up on me

0|0
    0|1
  • I think its the other way around typically. Men mature a lot later than women so for a women to find a man mature enough she needs to look for older men

0|1
    0|0
  • I think there are younger guys put there who are very mature and it looks like you landed one though ten year can be a lot so I'd say take things slow and just enjoy

0|0
    0|0
  • are you talking about your own connection with him or in general? sounds like that is what a younger horny guy would say after getting his cake. It's so scripted.

0|0
    0|0
  • My current boyfriend is 18 and I am 20. I always was an attraction to. we met on facebook. I don't care about age group. He matures than other guys. I. Like to have fun.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yeah sure, no man is going for older women. If they are then it's the least common.

1|1
    0|1
  • All this thinking too much is going to get you dumped

2|0
    0|0
  • doesn't really matter as long you both care about each other like each other for you are then it doesn't matter. Dated an younger guy fewer years than me. The relationship was terrible! He was immature around his friends when we went out and did bad things behind my back. didn't seem like he was serious dating me since he wanted to date me so bad and approached me first. He would talk to other people and when we go ignore me when we went out. He just wanted to look good around his friends with me since his friends and strangers say im attractive. Basically I was his accessory. Got into our last fight and never looked back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to stay like never even u can imagine it. Cause emotion is the killer of every ethical logics.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope he does
    I hope he does
    I hope he does
    I hope...

0|0
    0|0
  • Whats so good in younger males? They usually r selfish and dont treat u well enough.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am young and I am not selfish. I have dated girls of same age as well younger ones. They turned out to be shellfish.
      It is not that easy to generalize all young male.
      Although, younger male might not be able to understand your priorities sometimes. They haven't seen the world as much as you have.

• Show All
    • Oh! You really are adamant! That's remarkable. Well, I was only talking about an age gap of 8 years. But looks like you brought almost a gap of generations into play. To be clear, I wasn't considering that. I agree I have got to see and learn a lot. But I thought people who wanna learn more tend to have an open mind. Seems you don't have one. At least not on this topic. May be some critical personal experiences?
      And I have got nothing to prove to you Miss. I just barely read your opinion.
      So I just shared my opinion, a probable explanation. I have no interest in changing your mind. You should date the people you like. If they are older ones than good for you. ✌️ Peace.

• @nopnop i didn't make it generations wide... i answered from ur own words... u said u didn't know world as much as i do. Like i expect to hear such kind of words from 6 or 7 yo kid. But not from someone 7 yo younger than me... that just explains, that its ur lazy closed mind personality.
      Yeah peace

• My friend is 25 married to a 48 year old... Theyre the happiest couple I know

0|1
    0|0
  • Hey I like younger women and I am 39 I think it same with younger men.

0|1
    0|1
  • My fiance is 25 and I am 43

1|0
    0|0
  • Some do, some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe so

1|0
    0|0
  • Macron surely does