What's your shallow deal breaker for relationships?

4673

Most Helpful Guys

• Hmmm, shallow. That's a tough one.

I thinks I'd dump a girl for getting a massage session from a guy. It's not "cheating", just the though of her letting a guy basically touch her from head to toe while he got to stare at her with a sheet barely covering her is just kind of to much male touching for me to stick around.

If letting a guy touch you that much is part of your life I'd think I'd just keep looking.

I guess that is shallow in that I don't think most guys really care. It not being sexual somehow makes them ok with it even though it goes on for an hour and it does give physical pleasure.

I'm sure there are more I just can't think of any. Got any for instances you can give to give me some ideas?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's an interesting one. I love massage but many guys are insecure about going to spa for the reasons you stated. I guess its the whole having someone else touching my girlfriend thing. I don't think I would stop because a guy is insecure but I can understand it as its a close physical contact with someone else and it can be uncomfortable. Guys don't like massage as well usually :P Maybe you don't have any other deal breaker? its fine as well!

• What is a 'shallow deal-breaker' in a relationship? If I am in a relationship, I am already beyond 'shallow' crap, like some have answered here.
    A "Relationship" is more like after you get to know each other, dating several times, maybe sleeping together, and then you kind of both agree, that you are 'exclusive' and a 'couple'. Shallow stuff should be long gone!!
    Of did they change the definition of 'Relationship' and I didn't get the memo? :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I mean before going in a relationship with someone!

• @Asker and @lomimore Ok, I think there might be some generational misunderstanding of terms, with your relies. The way I know, is meet someone, chat, have drinks/lunch/dinner and talk a lot, to see if we like each other. I think this is the point when the 'shallow deal-breakers' are exposed!! She smokes cigarettes: Deal-breaker! She hates something I LOVE: Deal-breaker!!
      When you are first dating, all the Deal-breakers should come out with what you ask the other!!
      For me, when I get to a 'RELATIONSHIP' and I want to spend a lot of time with her, and we decide to be 'EXCLUSIVE', then THAT is a 'Relationship' and all the 'Deal-breakers' should have been sorted, and resolved, before getting to 'RELATIONSHIP' stage.
      Maybe I am thinking 'old-style' and things have changed?

• Thats what we were saying with the deal breakers is where u decide to get in a relationship or not

Most Helpful Girls

• Wrinkles or signs of aging on the face
    Hairy legs that are curly - don't mind hairy legs if they are not curly
    Poor posture
    Unbalanced fat and muscle distribution on the body
    Uneven colour on any area other than the face
    Having too many non-universalized particulars in their appearance
    Looking grungy or messy in their appearance
    Non-European accents or poor grammar in their public speaking
    Wearing casual clothes like faded blue jeans or showy running shoes that don't blend into the background

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Extremely conservative
    Controlling
    Shorter than me
    Has drugs (weed, cigarettes, etc.)
    Alcoholic
    Too skinny
    Cheated in the past
    Talks too much
    Stubborn
    Criticizes too much

I had to look some of these up. I couldn't think of any at the top of my head.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE