What's your shallow deal breaker for relationships?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Hmmm, shallow. That's a tough one.

I thinks I'd dump a girl for getting a massage session from a guy. It's not "cheating", just the though of her letting a guy basically touch her from head to toe while he got to stare at her with a sheet barely covering her is just kind of to much male touching for me to stick around.

If letting a guy touch you that much is part of your life I'd think I'd just keep looking.

I guess that is shallow in that I don't think most guys really care. It not being sexual somehow makes them ok with it even though it goes on for an hour and it does give physical pleasure.

I'm sure there are more I just can't think of any. Got any for instances you can give to give me some ideas?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's an interesting one. I love massage but many guys are insecure about going to spa for the reasons you stated. I guess its the whole having someone else touching my girlfriend thing. I don't think I would stop because a guy is insecure but I can understand it as its a close physical contact with someone else and it can be uncomfortable. Guys don't like massage as well usually :P Maybe you don't have any other deal breaker? its fine as well!

• What is a 'shallow deal-breaker' in a relationship? If I am in a relationship, I am already beyond 'shallow' crap, like some have answered here.
    A "Relationship" is more like after you get to know each other, dating several times, maybe sleeping together, and then you kind of both agree, that you are 'exclusive' and a 'couple'. Shallow stuff should be long gone!!
    Of did they change the definition of 'Relationship' and I didn't get the memo? :)

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean before going in a relationship with someone!

• Show All
    • @Asker and @lomimore Ok, I think there might be some generational misunderstanding of terms, with your relies. The way I know, is meet someone, chat, have drinks/lunch/dinner and talk a lot, to see if we like each other. I think this is the point when the 'shallow deal-breakers' are exposed!! She smokes cigarettes: Deal-breaker! She hates something I LOVE: Deal-breaker!!
      When you are first dating, all the Deal-breakers should come out with what you ask the other!!
      For me, when I get to a 'RELATIONSHIP' and I want to spend a lot of time with her, and we decide to be 'EXCLUSIVE', then THAT is a 'Relationship' and all the 'Deal-breakers' should have been sorted, and resolved, before getting to 'RELATIONSHIP' stage.
      Maybe I am thinking 'old-style' and things have changed?

• Thats what we were saying with the deal breakers is where u decide to get in a relationship or not

Most Helpful Girls

• Wrinkles or signs of aging on the face
    Hairy legs that are curly - don't mind hairy legs if they are not curly
    Poor posture
    Unbalanced fat and muscle distribution on the body
    Uneven colour on any area other than the face
    Having too many non-universalized particulars in their appearance
    Looking grungy or messy in their appearance
    Non-European accents or poor grammar in their public speaking
    Wearing casual clothes like faded blue jeans or showy running shoes that don't blend into the background

3|2
    6|3
  • Extremely conservative
    Controlling
    Shorter than me
    Has drugs (weed, cigarettes, etc.)
    Alcoholic
    Too skinny
    Cheated in the past
    Talks too much
    Stubborn
    Criticizes too much

I had to look some of these up. I couldn't think of any at the top of my head.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 71

• Im not shallow because I do not judge people soley on looks. But a deal breaker would be inteligence or someone who is only interested in trash TV and has nothing in common with me. Plus I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone I didn't think had a connection to the same interests and values.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah personality and intelligence is really important, not shallow honestly

• You asked about "shallow" deal breakers. So I assume you mean something that is trivial or silly and not, for example, morally dubious.

Proceeding from that assumption, my silly deal breaker is if the gal likes winter. I loathe winter. I think Christmas is a poor man's Easter Sunday. I think Thanksgiving is Independence Day without the fireworks. I think snow is Adam's real punishment for tasting of he Fruit of the Tree. (It is not generally well known, but there were only 5 months to the year in Eden - April to August.)

If she liked winter, it was almost certainly destined not to last. Realizing that, after a while, before I asked any girl out I would given them a questionnaire asking them their views of different kinds of weather. From this I would discern their seasonal preferences and then grant them a date or not.

Happily, my girlfriend of 12 years - and the mother of my children - shares my dislike of winter. Though she unaccountably likes Fall and I spend many hours showing her the error of her ways. She usually just rolls her eyes, smiles and kisses me on the cheek.

Similarly, the children - ages 8, 6 and 5 - have been indoctrinated in the belief that people who like winter go to Hell. Suffice to say that when it snows they start to cry and ask me if God is mad at them. See? I am raising healthy and well balanced children.

So there you have it. Remember, you asked.

0|0
    0|0
  • My shallow dealbreakers are:
    1. If she wears thongs.
    2. If she has tattoos and body piercings.
    3. If she has gay, lesbian, or criminal friends or close associates.
    4. If she is a smoker or drinker or uses drugs.
    5. If she cusses (uses profanity).

2|0
    5|0
    • I understand most you deal breakers, but whats wrong with thongs in your opinion?

• Show All
    • @Confusedbutkinky I'm sure you wouldn't date a 50+ year old guy, or one shorter than 5'0". You have your preferences and I have mine, so don't judge

• Haha good luck finding a girl without tattoo. It's impossible!

• I don't think of this as shallow but a dodgy sexual past is a deal breaker for me. I feel the need to be a private investigator just to date a woman these days. If they have had a dark past I am no longer interested.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she uses the Snapchat dog filter for a profile picture for anything

2|2
    0|0
  • If she doesn't like to exercise, which is fair since I do it 6 times a week. Also if she exhibits racist behavior.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not a shallow one but worth mentioning: if she's a feminist.

3|4
    6|1
    • All the feminist downvotes 😂😂😂

• Instead of engaging in a decent conversation they downvote because they can't cope with people debunking their flawed ideology.

• That's what feminists are good at lol

• Extremely overweight. To me it's a big sign of no self-restraint, no self control, no discipline, prone to indulge, extremely impulsive and do not care for positive health. Unless the person have some sort of physical medical issue.

2|0
    0|0
  • Dealbreakers for me:
    - Significantly taller than me - I am 5'8", that would mean ideally her not being taller than 5'9", though I am lenient in this regard.
    - Overweight or seriously overweight - I am not talking about being chubby, but about being actually fat.

Other than that, I don't have anything that would make me go "No way would I date you".

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, sorry, one more thing - not being significatly older than me. I don't want to look like a boytoy or something.

• Short hair or overweight... Actually not sure about the last one. Usually overweight is a thing but I'm flirting with my neighbor recently who's a little bigger but her personality is so amazing its easy to overlook the weight

3|0
    0|0
  • Wanting to text or call a lot. I'm a horrible texter when it comes to actually texting and keeping a conversation, I dont put effort for it cause I'd rather be doing something else n talk to her when I'm with her. Aswell as I've been in many bad ending long distance relationships so now if she complains about me not texting back at 1 am I break up

0|0
    0|0
    • I hate texting to so I can understand, long distance is a struggle honestly

• the main 2 shallow deal breakers for me would be:
    a 3 feet tall midget
    a obese person

1|0
    0|0
    • Are you fine with 4'10 midgets?

• Shallow deal-breaker I don't really understand what that would mean you mean how much of someone's shallowness you could tolerate before you just break it off?

1|0
    0|0
  • Mental attractiveness, which combines a lot of forms of general attraction ; personality, appearance on a day to day basis, treatment from that person, and connection too.

2|0
    0|0
  • Stretch Marks
    Unflattering hip to waist ratio
    Small boobs
    Long labia or loose pussy
    Small booty cheeks
    Making less than 6 figures a year
    Unfunny
    Ugly crying face
    Anything more than a flat tummy is erecticle dysfunction
    Big nose
    Weird yawns
    Annoying laugh
    Instawhore
    Not willing to go down at me at any given point during the day
    Doesn’t cook and clean

I’m sure there is more but whatever

0|0
    0|0
    • Have fun being alone forever 😂

• Show All
    • I never said their weren’t any who think that way, but average women do not go look for all those things.

• @Ellie-V "average women do not go look for all those things."
      You'd be surprised what your "average woman" wants.

• Past sexual history, being obese (a bit overweight is fine but there's definitely a limit), bad hygiene, messy, anyone right-wing, expects me to pay for everything and smokes a lot (smoking in general I don't mind as I do smoke sometimes, but im talking like 15 a day)

0|0
    0|0
    • And also having an ass that's the size of Nicki Minaj's or Kim Kardashian's

• Show All
    • So it’s a law that we’re able to shoot law abiding citizens who are classified as minorities or women or gay?

• Where did I say that? You're reading something else 😂

• Bad Smell weird body hair and if you don't wear skirts that's a bit of a disappointment but other then that I'm pretty open minded and loyal

0|0
    1|0
    • you like skirts? woah.

• You act like being attracted to girls in skirts is some kind of crime jeez

• Weight. I'm a thin guy, so being with somebody that weighs quite a bit is a little uncomfortable for me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Obese lol but I don't know is that shallow? I meak the obese woman are responsible for their bad comdition (most cases i do knos that there are some ilnesses who cause overweight)

1|0
    0|0
  • Lying... just tell me the truth so either I can help or I’m at least able to understand what you’re going through (because communication is key 😎👉👉)

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 44

• Passiveness, I guess. Or shortness. But, I'm talking REALLY short, not 5'7" short.

1|0
    0|0
    • Would you do a 5'2 guy i. e? Honestly short guys are a common deal breaker I think

• make sense, how tall are you if I may ask?

• Demanding that my lady bits be bald. I keep mine well maintained, but there are many reasons I don’t go bald down there.

Really hairy chests

Doesn’t like video games

Is an elitist about games, fandoms, or music in any way

I can’t exactly explain it, but if I don’t like their face, I just can’t get passed that.

3|0
    0|0
    • And also if He isn’t a dominant kind of guy. Not aggressive. Just dominant

• Show All
    • Yep. All the time. Because “hair down there is gross” I’ve even been broken up with because it’s not bald down there lol I keep everything shaped and trimmed pretty close. But 🤷🏻‍♀️ some guys just can’t handle it I guess. Not my problem

• I like video chess... does that count? I fork and skewer with the best of them. I can even discover your check ;)

• body hair OOPS. i just hate chest hair facial hair leg hair ew. ok sis it's natural yeah i get that but it's fucking disgusting to look at and in my opinion not manly at all, y'all just be lookin like cavemen.

hahah im so sorry im already expecting a shit ton of downvotes but wtv

also doesn't matter how u look, but if u can't take care of urself and how u present urself (like putting deodorant, exercising, dressing good and grooming) issa nono

2|0
    0|0
    • that's fine preference, you are entitled to

• Penises 😐 they’re terrible to look at. No dudes allowed in this body 😂☺️😉🏳️‍🌈

4|2
    1|2
  • Weed, drugs, and homeless or broke. And for you guys thinking that some gold digger shit I say no... it’s called expecting the other gender to hold their own and not have to depend on you.

3|1
    0|0
    • Completely agree, both financially independent

• Overweight/skinny unhealthy and/or shorter than me.
    Though overweight its not really shallow its normal to seek someone healthy and who takes care of their body.

4|4
    3|4
  • Hygiene. If a guy’s nails are long and dirty. It’s just not happening; those hands are not touching me. If that’s not maintained and clean, I’m just shuddering thinking about what his man bits are like.

2|1
    0|0
  • If he's a Trump-Supporter or voted for Trump. I can't do it.
    If he's into wearing women's clothes--not into it.
    If he owns animals--don't care for them and I'm not picking up anyone's poo.
    If he smokes cigarettes--I'm not dying secondhand.
    If he has bad hygiene.
    If he wants me to take care of him.
    If he lacks ambition.

1|0
    1|2
  • Effeminate men and men who are fat to the point there is a roll. I like a man with meat but not to the point of having any rolls or fat or overhanging fat.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah well built guys, I feel you on that one

• If I don’t like your appearance... sorry, it’s not gonna happen. Although I am practicing on looking past this

1|1
    0|0
    • that's really normal I think, physical attraction matters

• I am not proud of it. But i have a few. And i think everyone does.

Over weight. And lack of ambitions.
    Tells me they have no discipline, no control, and no motivation to better themselves in anyway.

1|0
    0|0
    • nothing wrong with your deal breakers, they are normal :)

• His sexual appetite if it's too much and overbearing. lol I am not some hop toad that keeps on hopping into bed every time we wants to spread his legs.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any because I'm not a shallow person... I guess if you consider this shallow then sure but that the other person isn't shallow and isn't an asshole

1|1
    1|0
  • He can't have bigger breasts than me, which would be difficult and record breaking... for women I dont really have any.

1|0
    0|0
  • Bad hygiene (I don't think it is shallow though.)
    He isn't passionate about something.
    He doesn't revel in the darkness. :/

2|1
    0|0
  • Smoking
    Drugs
    Too much alcohol
    Wanting marriage and kids right away
    Had many sexual partner
    Being controlling or too dominant
    Does not respect...

1|0
    0|0
  • If he’s shorter than me, poor driving skills and too skinny

0|1
    0|1
    • how tall are you?

• Show All
    • shorter than 5'2 for a guy is extremely rare I think

• Short
    Making less money than me
    Overweight
    Drink or smoke

0|0
    1|2
    • Do you not make much money? Making less than you being a problem must mean you don't make much. Loser.

• Show All
    • I'm just messing with you.

• I do think a guy making more is important as well. Financial security is a plus.

• Dudes who wear sandals/chacos ALL THE TIME. Or someone who has to mansplain everything.

2|0
    0|3
  • my boyfriend is growing a mustache, and i hate it but i love him too much lol

2|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes