Is having good sex more important than having a good emotional connection with your SO?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Bsnsjskjxjsjjskskksis

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Nah. My fiancé nuts faster than a hummingbird heartbeat. But I love him to death.

2|3
    0|1
    • U can pm me this answer but I love your answer to this. I go threw the same thing as your SO but I feel so bad about it what do u guys do in your relationship to combat this or how do u feel about it

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 54

• Oh, gods no!! I need the close, emotional contact, knowing her and what she needs, and sex is really just a small part of any really solid relationship!! You like the other, and just being together, after work, cooking, or just watching TV, that closeness, that intimacy, is everything!!

2|0
    0|0
    • nice!

lol all the best answers take at least 35 years on this earth to bloom :-)

• Both are almost equal for me. Sex is lower than an emotional connection because it doesn't have to be consistent for me to be happy. I'd rather be friends if there's emotional connection with no sex involved. And I'd always long for that emotional connection if there is only sex involved. Either way, I wouldn't be in a relationship without either. They both play a big role. When I'm older and have a lower sex drive, I'll probably feel differently.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sex by itself is fun. An emotional connection without sex makes for a strong friendship.

But put them together, and you have magic, 'cause then you're making love to your best friend. Absolute heaven!

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Last girlfriend I had our sex was awesome. But she literally had no emotional connection and I was done with that non sense. Not going to be offering myself and my time to someone who refuses to do the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need both - a blend of mind-blowing sex and deep emotional intimacy. If you don't have the physical, you're good friends. If you only have hot sex, it will burn out. Blend it, baby!

2|0
    0|0
  • A good emotional connection will lead to better sex. Emotional connections I think are more important. You can always get better at sex.

4|0
    0|0
  • Personal opinion, but I would go with very strong emotional connection always, sex is a sport, and like every other sport, it can be improved

2|0
    0|0
  • No you need that emotional connection. A good sex life will only keep things happy for a limited time before the cracks will start to show and then it is all downhill from there.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't imagine having beautiful sex without love. Sure you can have good sex, but it's nothing compared to awesome beautiful sex you have with someone you love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on relationship. If just a casual thing then sex is probably more important. If a long term thing then the emotional connection is more important. Good sex is a bonus

0|0
    0|0
  • a good emotional connection is ideal in any relationship, good sex is ideal with a partner. Systematically described, sex is mechanical and emotion is the strength of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have sex with a person whom is your soul mate it's so unreal n amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • My opinion that sex should be good but emotional connection should be good as well because without it, it would be just sex without feeling satisfaction at the end

0|1
    0|0
  • This question is like asking which is better - listen to music or reading book?

What I'm trying to say is, they are two different senses that could be satisfied.

Sex is related to lust (I use this word positively) and it satisfies a physical desire; emotional connection is related to love and intimacy and it satisfies a mental/emotional desire.

They are different, but the advantage of love is: Sex is usually the climax of a great emotional connection or intimacy but not the other way round.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the vast, vast majority of both sexes that answered this question lied to make themselves look better to their counterparts.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you have a good emotional connection you have better sex. It's not one or the other.

2|0
    0|0
  • Supposedly it shouldn't be a one or the other thing, but I'd prefer good emotional connection

1|1
    0|0
  • I believe if you have that good emotional connection with your SO then you're going to have some of that good sex too

1|0
    0|0
  • Can have sex without emotional connection but it doesn't gives satisfaction. Nothing great without that feel.

1|0
    0|0
  • no, but for men it kind of goes hand in hand. We experience that strong emotional connection through sex. We experience it a little in other ways but sex is the biggest way we connect.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• NO. Good sex is crucial to me, and bad sex can ruin a relationship for me, but the emotional connection is ALWAYS more important.

Sex and love are NOT the same thing, and they exist individually. You can always find good sex, but good emotional connections are so rare!

1|1
    0|0
  • Think like that, u can afford a bus but ur standard of thinking r Audi.

1|0
    0|0
    • R u 1 of those special people who read a question and tries to change the meaning into something so u can complain?🤔

• I think u r that type who is changing the easy meaning of it.

• Emotional connection makes for better sex.

3|1
    0|0
  • No it is not. But they work beautifully together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both are equally important to me

1|0
    0|0
  • Emotional connection leads to great sex

3|0
    0|0
  • Of course not, ahahah, why would it be?

1|0
    0|1
  • For men sex is more important.

1|0
    0|2
  • I rather have both or none. And I have (thanks God)

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they should be equal! One without the other isn’t ideal at all. I

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes