Why don't men want to be with a woman who makes more money?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Some men care, but that sort of thing is becoming a little outdated.

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly. I would be a male gold-digger. See hwo girls like it ahahah

• They secretly do. They just hate to admit it

3|1
    0|0
    • I'll admit it. I mean using a woman for her high pay check is the best thing ever! Plus I could cheat while she's at worl. So no you're wrong I would admit it.

• Show All
    • 😂😂😂😂

• Yeah wow, you're both immature arse wipes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't it's the man, i think it's that most women prefer a man who makes more money

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Because they actually have a completed where they need to be economically bettet than a women to be a man. Even the poorest man is richer than his stay at home wife he doesn't let work for income.

Not all men are like this, just the ones to which you are referring. It's sad how the construct of masculinity is built just to be higher than women, men just can't be men by their own inner strengths, talents and maturity 🤔 they have to put down someone else.

1|0
    0|1
    • I don't believe you understand men as well as you think you do. Respectfully it isn't about being richer than his wife or a need for anything like that, it's that we are raised to do the work outside the home. Get outside and cut a tree down for firewood or dig a ditch for a road, and those things are what pay money. That's all. When you get down to the basic source, that's all. Collectively, better us take the physical toll than our woman.

• That’s not actually true you see way back when we used to live in caves in the Stone Age men were the ones hunting women stayed at home taking care of the children I’m not being sexist I’m stating the facts and hunting and gathering was the primary source of food so even back then and till this day nature has said the males in some species are supposed to provide for their families we are just following our instinct that tell us you need to provide for your family and it isn’t only instinct it’s also society and even women too

• Some men want to be with a woman who makes more money. It depends on the man and what he is looking for in a partner. Typically people feel like its emasculating... but I think that only holds true for traditionalists and men raised with the pressure of "being a man means you provide".

0|0
    0|1
  • They feel emasculated as it’s typically a males role to earn more. Even though we know it makes little difference now I suppose some traditional gender roles are harder to shift. 🤷🏼‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
    • Well I think it's that women ahve already stripped men of everything already. Anyways I wouldn't care if she was rich. I think it's time the male gold digger is born

• Show All
    • @Fluffy5inch yeah I suppose it comes down to the male desire to provide and feel appreciated.

• Which is how we're raised. Yeah.

• You’re a man, you answer it🤷🏼‍♀️
    I don’t understand it either

2|2
    0|0
  • Are you not a man? do me a favor:find the nearest mirror , look into it, then ask "why don't men want t be with a woman who makes more money?"

0|1
    0|1
    • I personally don't mind this

• I don’t care as long as I get to be part of paying the bills I’m Gucci if she makes more than me and I’m not part of paying the bills I feel like my instinct will tell me “ you a fucken loser boi” and try to find a way to pay or get more money or get a new job

• I think they just want more control in the relationship and what decisions are made with money

0|1
    0|3
    • That's not it at all for many of us. Respectfully, its that we are taught that we work so the woman doesn't have to because better we take the physical toll than her. It's very basic at its core.

• Probably because they feel like a less of a man.

0|2
    0|2
  • insecurity

0|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 52

• It wouldn't bother me. I guess some guys would feel like they're inferior or something if they don't make at least as much as the woman, but as long as I feel like I'm contributing to the relationship in other ways I'd be OK with it. I know a few guys that are in that situation and seem happy so it's certainly not always the case that a guy doesn't want to be with a woman that makes more money.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not entirely true. My ex earned about twice as much as i did. It never bothered me. The fact my girlfriend is my boss doesn't bother me.
    This will bother guys who don't see women as equals, as human beings. When a woman accepts you for who and what you are, what you, and her earn means nothing

1|1
    0|0
  • Quite honestly its the other way around. Due to female hypergamy, women that tend to make a lot of money only want to be with someone that makes more than them. Trust me i know many men that would happily marry a woman that makes more... But women tend to see men that make less than them as somewhat inferior and not worth dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are several things to consider:

1. A man is raised as a provider. What happens when she says I don't need any from you. Your not going to feel appreciated.

2. Some men dont know how to act when she says I dont want anything from you. They never stop to think that may be she likes you for your good qualities.

3. Some women will treat you like thier btch.

Personally, I don't care because each person should be contributing to the relationship according to thier means.

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally I don't give a fuck who makes more money
    Oh no my girl makes more money that doesn't mean shit if your a couple and if you are an idiot who say but I am man then try better in the bedroom to balance it out

0|0
    0|0
  • Who says they don't? You state it as if it's a generally agreed upon fact that all men feel this way which is not true. As with everything else in life, some do and some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not always the case...
    But yes men dont want to be with women who makes more money because whenever they argue on something... the woman will never agree in that thinking that i earn more than him. doesn't matters if he does not agree i will do it myself i have everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Because when she gets angry at him, all the mean shit is going to come out, including that he doesn't make much.
    lol.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's not that I don't want to make less than her, it's that I want to be the only one who would even have to work, in the first place. I believe a man should be the one to provide, and take care of his wife. I want to be the only one who needs to work in my household and my future wife can do whatever she wants. If she wants to work, she is welcome to, and I would support her 100%. But I would let her use her own money however she wants as I want to be the one paying the bills because it would be my job as her husband to provide for her. So even if she made more money than me, I still feel I should be the only one who has to pay the bills

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't matter to me, if she made more money than I do. I'm secure enough financially, that I don't need to feel odd.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have seen guys have a problem with it. I don't understand.
    Personally I am happy for her and I see absolutely no reason of it coming between us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about money, if they got money. Hey! Its a plus, but look for love not money

1|1
    0|0
  • Men don't factor in a woman's income in their attractiveness level.

0|1
    0|0
  • All men like a sugar momma if they can find one. Nobody says no to money.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some men don't, but I'd bet most would be OK with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter to me how much a woman makes. I've dated an artist who was struggling and I've dated women who make much more than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend sometime way more money than I do so what am I worried about that was her job at my job so I'm supposed to be mad about that and not enjoy it that's crazy as hell why would I care

0|0
    0|0
  • It's about honor, It hurts a man pride if his woman earn more than him, Men usually try to always stay a degree above their women
    I don't think it's a bad thing just a matter of preference

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind. I care less about financial and more about personalities and compatibility.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol. they don't? I must have missed the memo! I don't think it matters one way or the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes