Based on your experiences, which are the best dating apps one can use to find dates?

Never used a dating app before, but now I’m interested in using one to find dates.
I don’t want a hookup app like tinder (not looking for hookup but rather a potential relationship).

So based on your experience, which dating app is the best one?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I've only ever used dating apps to window shop when I'm bored and never actually try and massage girls.

POF is absolute garbage.
    OKcupid is better but not by much.

I actually saw some really pretty girls on christianmingle who didn't seem overly full of themselves. I think people are a little more serious about relationships on that site. But you'd probably have to be cool with dating a christian in case you aren't.

These are my observations though of what I've seen from girls. I have no idea if it would be the same for you seeing only guy profiles. I think the paid dating apps have the best results because people are actually serious about finding a connection with someone. Most free dating apps are used by guys and girls for attention/ego boost, hookups, shameless social media advertising and like what I did which is just browse out of boredom.

Also depends on your city. Do you live in a large city?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I live in Chicago. So yes, it’s a large city.

• Show All
    • Not that I ever used a dating app or ever dated for that matter, but I feel this is the BEST advise. The best and mature approach.

• I've tried most of the popular ones and they're all garbage. 99% of my matches are bots. Sometimes they aren't bots but they'll talk to you for 3 hours and then try to convince you into paying for a camgirl website

1|0
    0|0
    • Only use one if you live in a city. If you live in a rural area there's pretty much a 0% chance you'll match with someone real.

• Show All
    • Ahh.. I see why you say your chances are lower😂

Is your city larger than Chicago?

• Smaller actually. Im about the same distance from Baltimore and DC

Most Helpful Girls

• I've had the most success with MeetMe, despite it being chock-full of idiot assholes. Bumble is also a pretty decent app, in my opinion.

2|0
    0|0
  • Coffee Meets Bagel usually provides a good variety, and it's based on mutual FB friends so like-mindedness is high... its also geared towards relationships over hookups. They limit how many matches a day you're provided in order to weed out the less serious people, and to not overwhelm people with messages by said less serious people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Here is a list of ones I've tried and do not recommend due to poor selection, hook up focused, and just overall having bad experiences:

POF
      Tinder (that's a given)
      Okcupid
      The league
      Elite

I do hear good things about match, but I've never tried it.

• THANK you! You definitely deserve the MHO!

• Haha well thank you. I'm glad my dating life can help someone lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• I've never used any. I would imagine that they are all much the same. People will be looking for hookups no matter which one you choose. You just have to weed out the shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • can't say i've tried any other than match. Was on it for less than month, found someone (we're a month in, going well so far).
    If you just want hookup, something like tinder. Bumble gives you more control if you want to initiate contact

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never had any luck on any dating apps, but that's because I'm just not a pleasant person at all. (Plus, just look at me!)
    But if you ever do get to the point of meeting someone in person, I suggest making the first meet somewhere in puclic where there are people around. And don't take any offers to go to his place on the first date. (Hopefully I didn't have to tell you that part, but still.)

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re all scams if you ask me. I get the feeling that some of them set up fake profiles to get you to pay for their services. Unfortunately, I think Tinder is your best bet, cause even if a profile is fake, it’s at least free to use.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never use dating apps... but I met a girl on a mobile game and we are together from 5months and we are happy😂

2|1
    0|0
  • I've had the most matches on coffee meets bagel and the most dates from tinder. I would say I wasn't looking for a hookup. Bumble can also be good since you chose to talk to the guy

1|0
    0|0
  • On OK Cupid I found my current girlfriend of five years. Before her, I found several... um..."short term relationships" on Plenty of Fish.

1|0
    0|0
  • So far even though I haven't actually met this person or dated this person that seems like the relapse are, Zoosk, and Match I'm not sure about happn.

1|0
    0|0
  • Eh... tbh none... Everytime I used a dating app I always get "married" women wanting to meet up and have sex

1|0
    0|0

• Ummm... I'm guessing Finya, but its very new and is very unpopular...

1|0
    0|0
  • I came here by like you.
    Finding some dating apps on Google and I didn't like tinder which is sucks and I don't want hook up I need decent relationship that should kept going to marriage.
    I think meet in real is more comfortable and satisfy you more I mean I walking across some where and see someone that attractive to you should take the chance. You know girls can take up to 10 weeks or months to fall in love but like men's it could take 10 second to feel someone heart.
    And I Also I like you by your one profile picture don't ask me how and why somehow.
    That is the basic just go and talk you will find nice or message me later, I will there for u 🙂.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dating apps only for fun not for relationship as per my thinking

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust me if u wanna a date u dont need app... just be yourself and boys will hit u

0|0
    0|0
  • G@G is

3|1
    1|1
  • I met my girlfriend of 1.5 years on OKCupid!

3|0
    0|0
  • I have no experience..

1|0
    0|0
  • REAL LIFE

1|1
    0|0
  • I met my girlfriend of 2 years on Plenty of Fish

1|0
    0|0
    • I never got replies there. Any coaching?

• @WhoKnoes I remember asking questions on things she was passionate about in the beginning. Then a bit of awkward flirting. After more serious questions

• I never got replies so i quit it. Actually never tried any other dating sites after that

• I don't like any.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stop I'm using dating apps and come to daddy

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• My ex co worker and his wife met on pof and one of my best friends met an amazing guy on there as well! Tho all i get is wanna hook up... gotta weed throu the bad ones... you can usually tell by the way there profile is or the way they start the conversation.

1|0
    0|0
    • There are few "bad" people. Maybe you object to specific behavior or characteristic.

• I've been with the guy I'm with now for a year and we met on Plenty of Fish

2|0
    0|0
  • I met my boyfriend on Friendsy.
    My almost bfs were on Okcupid (2013/2015) and Meetme (2014)

1|0
    0|0
  • I had tinder for a while, but like, I didn't find it too useful. I never tried looking for girls on it though.

1|0
    0|0
  • POF I found my current boyfriend of over a year there, answer all the questions, it helps

1|0
    0|0
  • I met my current boyfriend a little over a year ago on Plenty Of Fish.

1|0
    0|0
  • I say none... cause mostly guys use them to get booty nothing serious. Usually guys just flirt and want nudes. Smh

2|0
    0|1
  • I only tried two dating g site. a part from two. meetme & bumble . end up meeting my boyfriend on facebook. I just find dating is not my match lol. I prefer to used social media .

0|0
    0|0
  • Bumble, match, or okcupid. Bumble is different though since the women have to make the first move after being matched.

0|0
    0|0
  • OkCupid is decent.

1|0
    0|0
  • Badoo

3|0
    0|1
  • A public setting.

1|1
    0|2
  • Match. 8 months and counting 😊