Based on your experiences, which are the best dating apps one can use to find dates?

Never used a dating app before, but now I’m interested in using one to find dates.
I don’t want a hookup app like tinder (not looking for hookup but rather a potential relationship).

So based on your experience, which dating app is the best one?

1740

Most Helpful Guys

• I've only ever used dating apps to window shop when I'm bored and never actually try and massage girls.

POF is absolute garbage.
    OKcupid is better but not by much.

I actually saw some really pretty girls on christianmingle who didn't seem overly full of themselves. I think people are a little more serious about relationships on that site. But you'd probably have to be cool with dating a christian in case you aren't.

These are my observations though of what I've seen from girls. I have no idea if it would be the same for you seeing only guy profiles. I think the paid dating apps have the best results because people are actually serious about finding a connection with someone. Most free dating apps are used by guys and girls for attention/ego boost, hookups, shameless social media advertising and like what I did which is just browse out of boredom.

Also depends on your city. Do you live in a large city?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I live in Chicago. So yes, it’s a large city.

• Not that I ever used a dating app or ever dated for that matter, but I feel this is the BEST advise. The best and mature approach.

• I've tried most of the popular ones and they're all garbage. 99% of my matches are bots. Sometimes they aren't bots but they'll talk to you for 3 hours and then try to convince you into paying for a camgirl website

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Only use one if you live in a city. If you live in a rural area there's pretty much a 0% chance you'll match with someone real.

• Ahh.. I see why you say your chances are lower😂

Is your city larger than Chicago?

• Smaller actually. Im about the same distance from Baltimore and DC

Most Helpful Girls

• I've had the most success with MeetMe, despite it being chock-full of idiot assholes. Bumble is also a pretty decent app, in my opinion.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Coffee Meets Bagel usually provides a good variety, and it's based on mutual FB friends so like-mindedness is high... its also geared towards relationships over hookups. They limit how many matches a day you're provided in order to weed out the less serious people, and to not overwhelm people with messages by said less serious people.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Here is a list of ones I've tried and do not recommend due to poor selection, hook up focused, and just overall having bad experiences:

POF
      Tinder (that's a given)
      Okcupid
      The league
      Elite

I do hear good things about match, but I've never tried it.

• THANK you! You definitely deserve the MHO!

• Haha well thank you. I'm glad my dating life can help someone lol.