What can you do if you love dating but hate relationships?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• That is me. I date about 30 men at a time. That way I have variety. When one starts getting to close I start distancing myself. It some times gets complicated.

One time I was supposed to see this guy I had been seeing about once a month. It had gone on for 9 months. I knew he was getting closer and closer. (I am the greatest at hooking a man, reeling him close, letting him in then throwing him back, but still on a stringer so I can pull him in at any time). I digress. He told me he loved me and that was the beginning of the end. So, we were to meet but work was running late for him. I knew if we met it would be late and I need at least 5 hours. So I texted another guy. He was free, I was hot, so I headed that way. Then Mike texted and said he could meet me. I was going north and he was coming north. I was in a pickle, so after two hours of talking and texting Mike I went silent. I knew he was going to get to the hotel and have nothing but old rosie. So I finally said. We can't date anymore, but we could be friends and text and talk. I didn't call him I broke it off, kinda, with a text. Mike figured it out and he was pissed. He knew I was keeping him around for a time when I needed a man but couldn't get one. Every girl has to have a couple of those type guys around!

2|0
    5|5
  • Feel the same way. Dating is fun, but in relationships (or at least some of the ones I've been in) it feels like people try to dump their own inability to deal with their problems, insecurities, emotions etc on me and it actually sucks. You can have bad days, weeks, months even, but that doesn't give you the right to be incapable of "giving the other person support" or trying to make their day better. Tons of people in relationships are there because they can't stand being along with their in demons they try to bury them and when they come out expect you to do it "because you're in a relationship." Like if you can't figure it out in 20 or so years, why would you expect me to do it for you. I did not sign up for this. Still haven't given up on relationships, but I've just gotten a while lot pickier about who I'll actually consider for a serious relationship vs casual dating.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Be upfront and tell the people you're dating in advance so they know what they're getting into. There are some women who actually go on dates for free meals & to go to free places so it shouldn't be hard to find people who'll accept that.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know, I'm a little surprised at many of the umm... aggressive responses below. I feel like I know a lot of men who love dating but don't want a relationship. There are so many posts below who think you should be up front and tell people beforehand and blah blah blah. I just don't agree. These are women that you just met and basically don't know. Why in the world does anyone think that you should feel obligated to disclose anything personal to them?

So my advice? Just go out on these dates and have fun which is definitely what I lean towards. Put together some amazing dates and have fun, but the relationship part? Feel free to skip it. It will work out just fine for both of you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Don’t be a lying piece of shit. Simple. People may not like the honesty, but if they catch feelings, it’s their own responsibility to leave you alone.

0|3
    0|0
  • Date openly people who don't look for anything else either.

0|1
    0|0
  • You stick to just dating. Let them know from the start what your intentions are and walk away when they ask for more.

1|1
    0|0
  • Be upfront and make sure they know that its casual.

1|2
    0|0
  • I know it's not realistic but maybe watch romance movies might encourage you to want to love someone?

0|0
    0|1
  • Be honest firstly and tell that person what you are interested in

0|0
    0|0
  • You know eventually you will have to get in to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder

2|0
    0|0
  • You date without getting exclusive with anyone.

1|1
    0|1
    • But also obviously be honest about this, don't string anyone along.

• Say it isn't working out after the first few dates

0|0
    0|0
  • Find someone who feels the same way.

0|3
    0|0
  • Just keep dating and don't commit to anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a sad sad world you live in

0|0
    0|3
  • Wow lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Following

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't have children. Cause you'll get bored of your spouse or angered by them, & the kid will have to suffer

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• Be a jerk and make a lot of women more cynical than they were before they met you... Oh wait, that's what you "will" do, sorry πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • Find someone you love, who loves you just the same, then stop messing around and live life with another person who will help you through the bad, and make the good (pardon my red neck) gooder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm... I guess just keep doing what you're doing, but explain to your dates that you don't want to settle down. On a side note, how the actual fuck do you enjoy dating?

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with that just be honest about what your intentions are with the other person so you don't lead them on

0|0
    0|0
  • Feeling sorry those person who can't take responsibility in their life...
    But apart from this it's good for sometime at the end the one for your life will change everything

0|0
    0|0
  • lol thats called just wanting to screw without having a boyfriend

2|0
    0|0
  • Get a friend you can go out with have fun but instead of coming in for coffee at the end of the date just go home

0|0
    0|0
  • Just have fun till you find that one who gets you into a relationship that doesn't even feel like a relationship cause it's just that good~

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the opposite way, I hate dating but I love relationships...

0|0
    0|0
  • This shows that you are unable to take responsibility.

0|1
    0|0
    • and committment like many couples these days they dont want to be serious jut play and have fun

• Let them know upfront so there won't be no confrontation

0|0
    0|0
  • Give polyamory a try

0|2
    0|0
  • Go on tinder, pof or just hire a prostitute.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the opposite problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be honest from the start.

0|0
    0|0
  • be a hoe

1|0
    0|0
  • Just keep going on blind dates