What can you do if you love dating but hate relationships?

1825

Most Helpful Girls

• That is me. I date about 30 men at a time. That way I have variety. When one starts getting to close I start distancing myself. It some times gets complicated.

One time I was supposed to see this guy I had been seeing about once a month. It had gone on for 9 months. I knew he was getting closer and closer. (I am the greatest at hooking a man, reeling him close, letting him in then throwing him back, but still on a stringer so I can pull him in at any time). I digress. He told me he loved me and that was the beginning of the end. So, we were to meet but work was running late for him. I knew if we met it would be late and I need at least 5 hours. So I texted another guy. He was free, I was hot, so I headed that way. Then Mike texted and said he could meet me. I was going north and he was coming north. I was in a pickle, so after two hours of talking and texting Mike I went silent. I knew he was going to get to the hotel and have nothing but old rosie. So I finally said. We can't date anymore, but we could be friends and text and talk. I didn't call him I broke it off, kinda, with a text. Mike figured it out and he was pissed. He knew I was keeping him around for a time when I needed a man but couldn't get one. Every girl has to have a couple of those type guys around!

• Feel the same way. Dating is fun, but in relationships (or at least some of the ones I've been in) it feels like people try to dump their own inability to deal with their problems, insecurities, emotions etc on me and it actually sucks. You can have bad days, weeks, months even, but that doesn't give you the right to be incapable of "giving the other person support" or trying to make their day better. Tons of people in relationships are there because they can't stand being along with their in demons they try to bury them and when they come out expect you to do it "because you're in a relationship." Like if you can't figure it out in 20 or so years, why would you expect me to do it for you. I did not sign up for this. Still haven't given up on relationships, but I've just gotten a while lot pickier about who I'll actually consider for a serious relationship vs casual dating.

Most Helpful Guys

• Be upfront and tell the people you're dating in advance so they know what they're getting into. There are some women who actually go on dates for free meals & to go to free places so it shouldn't be hard to find people who'll accept that.

• You know, I'm a little surprised at many of the umm... aggressive responses below. I feel like I know a lot of men who love dating but don't want a relationship. There are so many posts below who think you should be up front and tell people beforehand and blah blah blah. I just don't agree. These are women that you just met and basically don't know. Why in the world does anyone think that you should feel obligated to disclose anything personal to them?

So my advice? Just go out on these dates and have fun which is definitely what I lean towards. Put together some amazing dates and have fun, but the relationship part? Feel free to skip it. It will work out just fine for both of you.