Should I be upset about what my boyfriend said?

I went on my boyfriends messages from couple of days ago
He doesn't talk or flirt with any girls
He just talk to his female workfriends about work and stufd
And he was talking to one of his good guy friends whos married
And then my boyfriend said to him "yeah i changed gym, there's so many hot Asian girls, you should come bro lol"

Wtf?
Why would he say that?
Im Asian myself
Should i be upset about this?
  • Yes
  • No

1128

Most Helpful Guys

• This is just an impression I'm getting which could be horribly wrong. I think he's bragging about you. I get the impression what he's saying is essentially "Come see what you're missing out on, I have a hot Asian girlfriend and you don't." Now I find this inappropriate either way because his friend has a wife. However, I don't necessarily think he's wanting to be with the girls at the gym.

If you're looking for advice, mine would be this: Ask to go to the gym with your boyfriend. Work out with him. If something is wrong it will probably come to light and if not... working out with your man is still a really good way to build up the relationship. Hope it works out :)

• I already go to the gym
      We are with different gyms
      So if I go to his gym, I have to pay to enter
      Why pay extra when I'm already paying for my gym?
      We would work out together for sure but yeah... he lives far too anyway lol not bothered to change gyms

• And how does saying about those Asian girls at the gym.. relate to me though?

• It's a guy thing. Guys like to brag about their girls even if the way they do it seems a little twisted at times. I get the impression this isn't the first time your boyfriend and his friend have talked about hot Asian girls but in the sense that your boyfriend is bragging that he has one.

• No, but he should be upset with you, where is the trust, why are you going through his phone, me and my fiancee trust each other completely, thats the only way a relationship can work. Plus guys talk like that even when they've been married for 60 years thats not going to change.

• He was talking about hot girls to his guy friend
      doesn't that mean he's not happy being with me and wants those girls?

• No, he was making an observation. I notice if a girl is really hot, but thats as far as the thought goes is "oh, she looks good" then thats the end of the thought then i go back to whatever i was doing and i dont think twice about them because i dont want them. The most beautiful woman to ever live could walk right past me and i dont care, i might mention her to my buddies to make conversation, but at the end of the day nothing is worth risking the relationship i have with my best friend, my love, my future wife

Most Helpful Girls

• He was probably wingman-ing for his friend, acknowledging that other hot girls exist aren't a problem.

My guy friends compliment me and I compliment my guy friends on them being hot/attractive if they're wearing something nice or put a little effort into their appearence, doesn't mean I feel the need to cheat on my boyfriend or vice versa, it's just giving my friends validation and making them happy, the same as I would with my girl friends- as long as he's not flirting/cheating with other girls I wouldn't worry.

• 1) Why are you invading your boyfriend's privacy? Would you like yours invaded?

2) I'm sure you've noticed attractive guy and said so around your friends. I feel he's doing the same. The difference in this scenario is that he may be ogling them (which many men admit that they are likely to do).

What I would do is confront him (while apologizing for perusing his messages) and tell him you find it disrespectful working out while ogling women, continuing to state that he most definitely wouldn't like it if you did the same.