Is 7 months together too soon to move in together?

We’ve been together 7 months. We hang out all the time, we cancel plans with friends to be together most of the time, we’ve never fought. We went on a weekend trip together a few months ago. Would moving in together right now be too soon? We’ve never fought and I worry that living together before we do that might not be ideal. But we love each other and gave each other promise rings 3 months in. Is it weird that we’ve never fought? Or is that ideal? This is my first very serious relationship.

818

Most Helpful Guys

• My opinion is that since you've been together a lot during that 7 months, then it might be reasonable to move in together. It would be different if you'd only been seeing each other once a week or something like that but frequently being together for that long is probably enough.

I would think about a few things before you do it though. Do you have similar ideas about how organized and clean your living space should be? If not, that could be an issue. Will you both do your share of the work (things like cleaning, cooking, laundry)? If not, that could be an issue. Do you both have similar levels of financial responsibility? If not, and one of you wants to be frugal while the other wants to spend a lot or one of you wants to be sure the bills get paid on time and the other doesn't really care about that, then that could be a problem.

If you're compatible in all of those ways then I think you'll probably be fine. I would recommend agreeing on the financial arrangements (who pays how much for common expenses like rent, utilities and food that you share) before moving in. If you can't agree on that and you've already moved in together, that wouldn't be good.

Not fighting isn't too surprising because you're probably in the "honeymoon period" where you're only seeing the good things in the other person and ignoring the not so good ones. Before too long you'll probably move past that and start seeing the other person more realistically and there will then almost certainly be some things you find annoying and things that you disagree about. The key thing when that time comes is to remember that the two of you need to work together to solve the problem of your disagreement. You should not be fighting against each other trying to prove you're right and the other person is wrong. Respect each other's feelings and work together to find a mutually agreeable solution. If you can do that, you should be able to be happy together for a long long time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Way too soon, you two haven't gone through anything yet, no arguments means you are both still in the false pretense phase. Why do you both cancel plans with others? That's a huge Red Flag!!! You don't know each other, Promise Rings at three months, doings like you never planned on learning about each other just let's fake until we make it mindset!!! Do you know how he is when he's angry or does he know how you are as an angry woman? Do you know what buttons to avoid will one another? My question is why do you two feel the need to rush things while still placating each other?

• We cancel plans because we like spending time with each other more. My best friend gets frustrated with me all the time because I don’t see her as much anymore. So I do need to work on that