Can a player fall in love?

Or can a guy date several girls at once and fall in love and commit? Please share your experiences and opinions.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Thank you very much for all your answers. Everyone has been very helpful. It's going to be extremely difficult to pick a best MHO!

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For a lot of those guys once they get older and grow up some they settle down. Many of those kinda guys I knew as a younger man now have families, careers and lead an otherwise normal life from their player days. For many of those guys they’ll grow out of it and want other things once they’re older.

1|0
    0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• A player is capable of falling in love, but you'll never know for sure if they are sincere or not. Because they are highly manipulative people , so you'll never know if they really love you or not. They'll always be underlying doubts about their intentions and feelings.

Even if a player settled down and fell in love , they'd still manipulate you. Being manipulative is a trait that never leaves a manipulative person. It's part of who they are. They may , one day , stop fooling around with different women, but they'll still use manipulative tactics on you

2|1
    0|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 145

• He can pretend, that's about all. Maybe even fool himself for awhile.

1|1
    1|1
  • Okay... yes... BUT.

Fair warning NOW: falling in love/being in love does not mean that he will commit. Yes he CAN fall in love, yes he CAN commit, but those are two separate things that must happen individually. Each can motivate or result in the other but they aren't guaranteed to go together.

In our modern day we have a very romanticized version of "true love" or "being in love" to which we so often hold (I blame Disney). In reality, feeling "the spark" and feeling that ewy gooey feeling of being in love... that's all hormones. The feeling of being in love is a mental state wherein hormones basically overload and make it dang near impossible to think logically about the relationship. Couples that start out genuinely in love can still fall apart after the hormones where off. There's nothing magical about being in love that preserves it indefinitely.

From a similar practical standpoint, a man or woman can commit to a relationship without ever feeling love for their partner. They can commit to holding it together. They can commit to being faithful... but that's a choice that isn't tied to being in love. A choice made based on the hormones you feel while in love is very likely to dissipate along with those hormones.

Can a player fall in love? Yes... can that cause him to commit to a relationship? Yes. Will that relationship last? Possibly, but it's also possible for it to fall apart. I'd say between commitment and falling in love, commitment is the more valuable. When a man commits to being faithful to his partner apart from being in love... he can very easily fall in love because of it and a commitment like that is liable to last a very very long time.

4|1
    0|0
    • I didn't read the whole thing but that first bit-- on point man. 👌

• Honestly I liked how you explained your point of view, and I agree with you

• @Prankster13 Haha thanks man. I tend to go pretty in depth when I do these sorts of opinions so... yeah sorry for the tl;dr.

• It's hard not to, honestly. It's not like players are unfeeling monsters. The only thing being a player means is just understanding what women want and how to give it to them. There's no rule saying they have to fuck 10 women each week in order to maintain the label of player.

But when you get close with someone, some kind of feelings are just going to develop, one way or another. Usually. Even if it's not love, it will be some kind of care.

It's going to be harder to convince him to give up his ways, though, because players generally have higher standards than ordinary men. They know they are valuable, and they know they can pick up pretty much any woman they want.

So what makes you different from all those other women? What makes you special? Why should he pick you, instead of any of the other hundreds of chicks he could easily nab? You have to prove that to him, so getting him to commit or fall in love will be harder. But not impossible.

But I know lots of players who only play the game to find a woman they want to spend the rest of their lives with. Being "a player" is just "being good with women". A lot of guy's reasoning is "If I meet the woman of my dreams, I need to be able to interest and excite her, so I need practice."

That said, not all players are the same. There are definitely some that just use and abuse women. Some that just manipulate.

The type I'm talking about are "ecological players". These are the kind that most players are, in my opinion, and they are men who try to make it an enjoyable experience for both, rather than just selfishly taking what they want and leaving on to the next conquest. The main thing about being an ecological player is just improving yourself. That's all. Their goals will vary wildly. Some only want sex, some want to find that special woman, others just want someone to spend time with, etc, etc.

So, the answer is: it depends on who he is, what his goals are, and how well she can demonstrate her value to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is harder for a player to fall in love, especially to commit to a single person and a long term relationship. He/she is so used to being able to fulfill his/her sexual needs through shallow relationships and hookups. Think Barney on How I Met Your Mother. He even had to get rid of his Playbook!

3|0
    0|0
  • I date several people. I let them know so there aren't any surprises later.
    If I meet someone that really catches my attention, I'll start becoming more exclusive towards them.
    Unlike some opinions below, I don't need to sleep with all of them before hand.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes. And it's hilarious.
    My friend was a huge player and then he fell hard. And it was (shocker) for another player lol. So they're working that out. And he's going crazy over it. Doesn't help that theyre both real drama queens lol. 😅

3|0
    0|0
  • Anyone can fall in love it is not something you pay a subscription for or have to fill out a long complex form for or even take an exam for the same for being a parent people fall in love all the time at any age never dismiss love enter love with an open heart and an open mind and it can be magical

1|0
    0|0
  • How do you think a player stops playin? When there is chemistry and the thoughts are mutual, every human has love inside them that can flow from the heart and even as confusion sets in, you can't run away from love, only happiness.

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if a "player" grows up and doesn't wish to be alone anymore they can settle down but it's not like everyone does this at the same time in their lives and some may never stop playing! For me, I get attached to a woman I have sex with, going from one woman to the next is not something attractive to me since I prefer familiarity and learning how to turn her on instead of instant gratification from sex but only having sex as the anchor of your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have sex with diffrent females quite a lot, Im considered a Manwhore 😅 However, if I get the chance to be in a relationship Ill take it. can't get anything besides friends with benefits or ONS 😩

2|1
    0|0
    • why would a woman trust you if your a manwhore, try to stop sleeping around and go on dates instead of one nights stands. you can't be a player forever

• I tried a lot of times. I was told before that I dont look like husband/boyfriend material, only like a good fuck 🤷
      I had relationships but those girls either were after money or it didn't work out personality wise.

• All players will eventually meet a woman that would do to him what he does to other women's. And that's when he will be "pussy wipped" and become a sad 🐈.

1|0
    0|0
  • This thread is contradictory. Women want to fall in love with a player only because he's a player (i. e., if you remove the playerness from the player, would a woman still want him? NOOOO. Didn't think so.). Therefore, how can he be a player in the first place if he renders himself impotent by falling in love?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure a player can fall in love. . . just not with you. Or any one you know. A player does not fall for women until he is looking to do so, he chooses, if he chooses to do so at all, not the woman, not circumstances. So can it happen? Yeah, but you could also win the lottery and get the biggest jackpot ever i. e. it can happen its just so unlikely to occur that its best to presume it won't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure a player can fall in love. But normally that only happens when they have hit that peak where they are no longer as "good-looking" or "desirable" as they were in their prime years. Normally they end up settling I guess and trick themselves into falling in love because they aren't able to stay in the race anymore when it comes to getting into flings as efficiently. It's sort of like when someone is a real sexually active and outgoing person who doesn't really settle for one partner but they end up outgrowing or no longer have that spark they once had. They end up settling down, having kids, getting married maybe and no longer have that "reckless party life" they once had. Normally that happens in late early 30's to mid 40's maybe.

2|1
    0|0
  • Love has no speciality, it's like a blind eyes open one time in life and the first person they see is their heart, So coming to your point, you can hide anything in this earth but not love, even if your mouth doesn't tell your actions will, you can even look back all those stories involved in, Love was always exposed, so coming to your question, yeah it can happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything has a yang that fulfills their ying. So with that being said a player will develop feelings towards someone he feels the games are useless to be broadcasted towards.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anyone and everyone can fall in love. If you meet someone and enjoy being with them and you become close friends, it is inevitable to fall in love with that person.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I was 1... I fell in love with this 1 girl but I kept seeing her paying sexual attention to other guys. ... and my jelousy drove her away :(
    I miss her

1|0
    0|0
  • Anybody can fall in love. But if a player says he loves you, he may not be telling the truth.
    A lot of guys will say they love a woman and act like they do;
    they'll listen to what the woman says,
    they'll be charming, considerate, etc.
    BUT sometimes it's just an act, trying to get something in return. It's usually sex but it can be other things too (like money, a favor, etc.)
    When dealing with a player (or a lot of men), proceed with caution!!

One way to find out if a guy loves you is: don't have sex with him and don't give him money, favors, etc. If he still acts like he cares about you, then maybe he does. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • We become players because we were burned before 🔥💔 and we’re usually jaded, so we don’t let girls get close enough to us, if they do we run. Personally all of my ex’s cheated on me, so I opted out of relationships, and it’ll take someone special to stop me.

2|0
    2|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 79

• From my personal and open history, i was a player at one stage because the guys only wanted to get some and thought i was easy so i played them like freaking puppets because i knew what they were after, I had been playing the game for about 4 years anyway after having between 5 to 7 guys after me, i was with this one guy that i thought was going to play me like a freaking skilled violinist turned out to be the sweetest and most loving guy who didn't want to just get in my pants, it was a life changing moment because you can't just quit the game cold turkey, it takes days, months, and even years to stop playing the game even with temptations there. I have been loyal to this guy for 8 years now and we're planning to get married, he's the one that i want for the rest of my life, he knows about the games i used to play and he accepted me for who i am

A friend of mine (guy, let's call him Jonas), Jonas has been a player for about 12 years now, he jumps from woman to woman when he gets tired or loses interest, no matter how invested the women are, he used to proclaim that he was a heart breaker and he don't get a F**k about no girls feelings, he told me about a week ago that he actually wants to quit the game and settle down one lady and be the happiest man alive, i contacted him today and he's still playing the game and looking for that one special lady

0|0
    0|0
  • Players can fall in love just like everyone else. Being a player doesn't make you different or unable to fall in love.

However, they don't deserve to fall in love, considering all the lies they told and all the pain they have caused. Hopefully, somesay when they eventually find the one, they can look back and feel bad for those people they treated unfairly who once wanted to be in their partner's position.

1|0
    0|0
  • I put no because there was no other option to put. I honestly think that it depends on the situation. I think that they need a girl/guy that they can really connect with in order to fall in love with them. Because if they get into a relationship and they can't connect on a personal level, they'll go back to their old ways. It takes a special person to really change a player.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it to be honest. I'm sure there are some who do, but it's a rare thing.

I only ever encountered one player who "falls in love" every ~2 years (because none of his relationships lasted longer than that, as he's always cheating like his life depended on it. I do believe that he feels some kind of affection, but in a very superficial way - he's almost 40 now).

Apart from him, I haven't ever met any players, I can imagine it's a phase for some, but usually it isn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes they can. but being a player isn't always just a man. I've been known to play with guys feelings. had a kid in 9th grade tell me he loved me when really I had no feelings whatsoever. yes a player can fall in love

1|0
    0|0
  • After I was done hoeing around, I realized it was time for me to find someone to focus my time and energy on instead of multiple people who I had no connection with.
    Found someone who I felt was worth the time and I’m commited to him 100%.
    Some people get to that point. Others don’t.
    But it can happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not always but in some cases the player was in love before they became the player. Being a player is a defense mechanism.

1|0
    0|0
  • what you show in the picture is a betabux simp that we would only use for resources. the alpha men we crave are tinder material but no marriage material. don't worry, guys do EXACTLY the same with us. seperating us into ons and marriage material women.

0|0
    0|0
  • he can fall in love but i dont think he can be loyal
    cause those types only think of themselves
    and even if they are faithful they won't be after infatuation is gone

1|0
    0|0
  • He will fall in love with the thrill of the chase which he engages in upon finding a girl who could care less about him.

Aka, you win George Clooney by turning him down!

1|0
    0|0
  • Players play for different reasons. But all it takes is the right person to make a person want to change their ways.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would like to think so, so he can actually experience what love it..

2|0
    0|0
  • Anyone can have the emotional, psychological and mental capability of falling on love

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, because the minute he falls into love he’s no longer a player

But to answer your question, yes a player can change

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes he can. I just hope that he doesn't get played even though it would be what he deserves.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have had a lot of players come to me for accurate psychic readings who fell in love, they then worry that the woman will find out about their wife or get sick of being the other woman and try harder to control her to be there for him. They might promise to marry her, maybe they do marry her, but it is always with the intention of continuing to do their own thing behind her back. Not nice people. www.accuratepsychicreadingsonline.com/psychic-email-reading

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that a player can fall in love because they're emotionally unavailable and keep this wall up to prevent people from getting too close.

1|0
    0|0
  • They all do eventually. But that doesn't mean they leave their childish ways behind.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything is a matter of choice, no matter what his/her background is. If this person chooses to commit, then he/she will no matter if they were players before. But if not, then you will be on the risk of getting cheated on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course, they just gave to meet the right one.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes