Are you an outgoing introvert?

It's so weird I'm very introverted. i need time to recharge after being with people but I get depressed when I'm not around a lot of people.
  • Yes, and it's highly confusing
  • No I'm just your average introvert or extrovert
  • That's an ambivert
    Vote C

636

Most Helpful Guys

• You are evidently an introvert who loves people. You're a caring person who enjoys others but to a limit.
    Take me for instance, I enjoy the company of others but prefer not to be the center of attention.. in fact I avoid it! I interact well in small groups but am quite shy in larger groups.
    And there are many times that I prefer not to go out, but when I force myself to I;m usually glad I did.
    I guess I can feel somewhat outgoing on occasions and more timid on others. Definitely need my alone time but if I was stranded on a desert island I would go crazy!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • My wife is like that. She's INFP and introverted (I'm ENFP), but extremely sociable and not the slightest bit shy or quiet. The difference is that after a couple of hours at a party, I usually want to stay and keep chatting with friends, and she usually gets tired and wants to leave, so we have to compromise a bit. That said, she also likes to socialize a whole lot and we both get excited when we see our friends. The difference is that she tires of it after some time and needs that recharge where she likes to go home and do things like read by herself until the next few days when she wants to see our friends again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Another difference between me and her is that I actually enjoy even hanging out with complete strangers and making new friends among them. She tends to prefer sticking more to people who are already her friends and maybe just meet a few new strangers here and there.

• She's not shy of strangers though, but she seems to get tired more quickly when she's around complete strangers. I just tend to get energized by company of any form (unless it's not friendly at all).

• A curiosity is that even though, according to MBTI, I am very extroverted and my wife is more introverted, I feel like I'm more introverted in many ways than my wife. For example, I'm often rather self-absorbed and lost in my thoughts, sometimes to the point where someone talks to me and I'm like, "Wha-huh?" since I was thinking about something. Still I do get more energized by crowds, while she gets gradually drained by them. I suspect I might be an ambivert since I get energized either solo or with company, though I prefer company unless I've gone for long periods without company and have kind of gotten comfortable being by myself again (only to get excited like a kid when I get invited to some birthday party or something to break me out of that introversion cycle).

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone's an ambivert. "Im like extraverted when I hang out with people that I like or are cool but like I totally need alone time to recharge so I don't fit in like either box, I guess I'm special that way." I am so done with these simplistic ways of thinking. Because anyone can be an introvert or extravert around the right or wrong people.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE