Are you an outgoing introvert?

It's so weird I'm very introverted. i need time to recharge after being with people but I get depressed when I'm not around a lot of people.
  • Yes, and it's highly confusing
    Vote A
  • No I'm just your average introvert or extrovert
    Vote B
  • That's an ambivert
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You are evidently an introvert who loves people. You're a caring person who enjoys others but to a limit.
    Take me for instance, I enjoy the company of others but prefer not to be the center of attention.. in fact I avoid it! I interact well in small groups but am quite shy in larger groups.
    And there are many times that I prefer not to go out, but when I force myself to I;m usually glad I did.
    I guess I can feel somewhat outgoing on occasions and more timid on others. Definitely need my alone time but if I was stranded on a desert island I would go crazy!

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • My wife is like that. She's INFP and introverted (I'm ENFP), but extremely sociable and not the slightest bit shy or quiet. The difference is that after a couple of hours at a party, I usually want to stay and keep chatting with friends, and she usually gets tired and wants to leave, so we have to compromise a bit. That said, she also likes to socialize a whole lot and we both get excited when we see our friends. The difference is that she tires of it after some time and needs that recharge where she likes to go home and do things like read by herself until the next few days when she wants to see our friends again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Another difference between me and her is that I actually enjoy even hanging out with complete strangers and making new friends among them. She tends to prefer sticking more to people who are already her friends and maybe just meet a few new strangers here and there.

• She's not shy of strangers though, but she seems to get tired more quickly when she's around complete strangers. I just tend to get energized by company of any form (unless it's not friendly at all).

• A curiosity is that even though, according to MBTI, I am very extroverted and my wife is more introverted, I feel like I'm more introverted in many ways than my wife. For example, I'm often rather self-absorbed and lost in my thoughts, sometimes to the point where someone talks to me and I'm like, "Wha-huh?" since I was thinking about something. Still I do get more energized by crowds, while she gets gradually drained by them. I suspect I might be an ambivert since I get energized either solo or with company, though I prefer company unless I've gone for long periods without company and have kind of gotten comfortable being by myself again (only to get excited like a kid when I get invited to some birthday party or something to break me out of that introversion cycle).

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone's an ambivert. "Im like extraverted when I hang out with people that I like or are cool but like I totally need alone time to recharge so I don't fit in like either box, I guess I'm special that way." I am so done with these simplistic ways of thinking. Because anyone can be an introvert or extravert around the right or wrong people.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• I've done personality tests and screenshot the results
    So yeah I'm very extroverted

1|0
    0|0
  • You might be both. You might have 2 tanks you need filled.

I get what you mean. I'm a shy extrovert. I love the energy of other but sometimes I need my own time and space.

Though honestly we all do we are not one or the other. We are social creatures and even extreme introverts need someone from time to time. Usually this need is filled with tv or fantasies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not black and White. You can have partly extra- but dominantly intro-. We're pack-animals. We be long with other people. Its not very weird to want a balans of both.
    And then some of us might be one thing while we've learned in life to be the other. Ex: Im an extravert, but I've become used to lonelyness and have trouble handling social situations. There for I feel like an introvert.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally prefer to defike extro/introverts by whether they lose or gain energy from being social. The life of the party who then goes home and hides under a blanket for two days would still be an introvert by that definition.

Obviously it is not the real definition, but I find it is a more useful - and more true to real life - one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm equally comfortable alone as I am around other people.
    I can go an speak in front of a crowd. I can just chill at the house and read a book.
    Clubs aren't my thing, but I can go and have a good time with people. Or, I can hang back and equally have a good time watching people make fools of themselves.
    I enjoy doing things. But, I don't need a constant group of people around me to validate my accomplishments.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont usually talk or hangout in big groups because I tend to get naturally shoved to the side but at the same time they always invite me to things and I always add that weird variety of humor it so complicated. And then when I'm home I dont really wanna be there and I'd just rather be out doing something. Sometimes I even just want to work.

1|0
    0|0
  • According to research are majority of humans ambivert. also that introverts and extroverts are extremes on one or an other way of that scale that also is rare personality traits when it comes to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an extrovert who needs a lot of alone time. I get energy from people, but I also get energy from doing things. I feel good about personal accomplishment. Even if it's just doing the laundry and seeing it done.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm an introvert but when with a group of other introverts I tend to be the 'leader' of the group.

I have depression and anxiety but my anxiety makes me worry about things not getting done so I get them done more of in fear of consequences than actually wanting to lead.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an Ambivert... People that have some of both qualities. Still a lot of people out there don't realize there is something in between Introvert & Extrovert

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty strange for me. On the one hand I am kind of shy and not interesting in befriending most people. On the other, I do feel lonely at times and like being with my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I guess you could say I'm an introvert and at times could be outgoing. I'm even weirder. Introvert and sometimes outgoing. Think of it like a Russian nesting doll. That's the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, i like being alone most of the times, i hate being around people, but i also like the idea of being alone with someone

0|1
    0|0
  • Im an introvert. Even if im smiling and laughing with a group im honestly very bored and would rather be home.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get you, I'm somewhere I that too. Enjoy hanging out with people but then need some space to recharge

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea just like me... But it takes along time for me to get depressed over this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am looking for the infinity stones and that gloves

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you a Aquarius or Libra lol?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an ambivert.

0|0
    0|0
  • Introvert.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• I kinda wish I was. I'm extremely introverted. My family calls me a hermit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am very out going I’m kinda loud but it’s normal in Greek society.

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No i'm a normal introvert
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I am and it’s ruining my life because I’m so young

0|0