Would you delete social media for a healthy relationship?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• i almost had a relationship at the start of this year, and due to the way our circles were at the time, we both kinda had to go dark side on social media for a bit, niether of us dropped off it entirely, but both of us dropped off it quite a bit, me definitely more than her. this actually made me feel a hell of a lot happier as a person in my opinion. not feeling the need to share every moment or keep. up with everyone elses moments genuinely made me appreciate them more.. so if someone offered me a choice of deleting social media for a healthy relationship, I'd do it in a heartbeat

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 95

• Absolutely. I used to be really into Facebook, but now I almost never go on there. I only got Snapchat because my friends wanted me to (I never actually post anything, though). And the only social media that I use a lot are dating apps. So, if I had a healthy relationship, then I wouldn't need them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really overly hooked on social media like most people are these days, I have neither Twitter nor Instagram, and rarely ever use Facebook.

But no I wouldn't, your partner shouldn't be telling you where you can and can't go online, and if your partner wants to restrict you like that, it seems like a very unhealthy relationship to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me... I don’t think so because I stay so far from family and I use social media to stay in contact but with that being said o also believe having to do so means you don’t feel comfortable within the realm of you saying no to temptation, as well as the lack of trust involving your relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it all depends... If you are doing it because you are being a whore in social media then yes... If you are doing it because It will help you not to flirt with everyone, then yes... And if you can relate to any of the ones before, then I don't think that deliting the social media is actually going to help with the real issue :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Social media may be one of the worst aspects of living in the 21st century, but no girl is going to tell me what I do with my private time, healthy relationship or not.

If I'm expected to change my behavior to accommodate her, she can GTFO! I want to date a companion, not a goddamn investigator. Doesn't matter what I post or where, no relationship is worth giving up my freedom. If I wanted someone snooping through my life, I'd contact the CIA.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If there isn't enough trust in the relationship to allow online social activity is the relationship even healthy to begin with.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not necessarily, depends how I use the social media, and for what. If it's for work no. If it's for keeping in touch with my friends no. If it's to find new friends probably yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Also they say when a couple is dragging a lot of relationship details on social media that it will end soon and it's just for show off or something like that. So I think it's healthy to have moderate or no social media activity regarding the relationship. I know what your question was about, just wanted to share this part also.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have social media since it's full of sick people. So this question is irrelevant to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't really use social media that much maybe once a week have a look at updates and messages then close it so to delete it would be no big loss to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess. I don't really use social media and I definitely don't follow anyone that would make a girl jealous

2|0
    0|0
  • I've deleted it cause it got boring or annoying. Depending on how it's effecting the relationship, sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it was a healthy relationship with my true love then every day in the week! Face to face conversations are much better than through a phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any social media. Just snapchat but I use it to talk people from other countries, which is more English practicing and cultural learning than other thing. So I guess I'm not really able to answer your question

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use it all that much anyway, so...

But I dunno if my relationship would benefit from me missing out on it every time my friends meet up.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you need to delete your social media because you boyfriend doesn't like it, then you're in the wrong relationship.

2|1
    0|0
  • No. Social media is the main way to talk to my family and keep up. Removing my social media severely hinders that.

Family>relationship

2|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't "delete" but maybe take a break or tenporarily delete it just noy permanently and ofc my partner would have to do the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • wtf kind of "healthy relationship" requires me deleting social media?

2|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. Are you using it too much? Is your partner just being insecure? Need more details.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 48

• I wouldn't be in a relationship where something as stupid as social media was apparently an issue.

1|2
    0|1
  • Of course. The guy I am dating now rarely uses it. I’ve noticed, I use it a lot less since dating him. I think it makes our relationship healthier since we both aren’t dying to document every minute of our lives/relationship.

I think deleting it would be beneficial not only for a relationship, but for your own individual well being as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Neither you nor your significant other should go to the extent of doing something like that. If you have to go to the extreme to delete social media then there’s a huge insecurity problem. Problems within a relationship are normal and you need to figure out when it’s best to cut your losses no matter how bad it hurts. Love yourself more.

1|0
    0|0
  • That’s dumb. If I were to delete social media it’s for me and myself only. Why? Because if social media can affect the relationship then it means it’s a weak relationship meaning the two people have got some personal problems of their own going on, at least one of them. But sure, for example if I’m tired of seeing stupid things I’ll delete it. Social media is all retarded anyways, I think it’s healthy for everyone to stay away from it in general lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I think if both sides are trusting then there's no point of deleting social media. Or if both sides are loyal and stuff like that. I had a friend that her boyfriend asked for her password and if she wouldn't give it to him or change it, he would get really mad. And I think this is really dumb too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships are are often unhealthy, so it's trading one poison for another.

1|0
    0|0
  • There's no reason too. You can have a healthy relationship and still have social media. As long as you can trust and your partner can be trusted there's no issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure if he wanted me too. I only have IG and I post mostly car stuff or art on my page so I’d be fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it’s healthy then they wouldn’t force you to delete your social media

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't delete it but i do stop using it. I stopped using instagram a few years ago, it was worth it and to be honest i didn't miss it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because if I had to maintain my relationship it means it’s an unhealthy relationship from the start.

0|0
    0|0
    • If I had to close my social media to maintain my relationship*

• No I would not. A relationship that can only work out if someone deletes social media is NOT healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m with Ruth Ann. I don’t see what those things have in common.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had to choose one over the other I'd rather be in a healthy lasting relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, you can have a healthy relationship and still use social media lol

0|0
    0|0
  • How does social media correlate with having a healthy relationship?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes social media puts so much pressure on relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • If you gotta delete your social media for him it was doomed from the start

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. For entertainment though I would move more into my hobbies

0|0
    0|0
  • U shoyldnt trust the person u met in the internet. u shouldn't trust on in the real life person either. recently everybody loves to wear a mask.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes