Is it normal that I have never been relationship?

I've had a crush on many people flirted with many and vice versa but never found someone I would actually wanna get serious with. I always keep avoiding commitment. I am very negative I feel like its all gonna end with a heart break
Updates:
Should I try dating someone?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Everyone needs time to find the one you really fall in love with and vice versa. I'd only consider a date if you felt ready for it.

In short, it's not normal, but it's not bad at all. Just means you haven't found the right guy yet. I wish you from the bottom of my heart that you find someone

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t rush yourself. It will happen when it’s ready to happen for you.

Maybe you’re just a lot more mature than your peers and you don’t see the kinds of short meaningless relationships other people your age are having is actually what you want.

I lost my virginity at the age of 19/20.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yess i guess you understand me better than myself haha weird

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s quite normal, but if your considering dating, it’s good to know why your doing it and to know what your looking for in a guy so it doesn’t seem all that confusing and complicated. You also have to kinda put yourself out there. That seems to be a problem you notice but it sounds like something to work on probably before you actually get into one if possible. Commitment takes time and more but is wonderful when you both can share it in the end. What kind of things do you see yourself committing to?

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that is a bad thing. The people who take their time are more likely to be successful when they do finally date and to feel more satisfaction with their relationship.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 119

• It's probably not normal, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I'm 22 and have never been in a relationship. I think you should try dating someone ONLY if you care about them, and they care about you. If you force something where either of you aren't into the other, it defeats the purpose of being in a relationship.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'm 21 and never been in a relationship or had my first kiss either

• I've never missed a girl, either. Although, there was a girl who kissed me during our freshman year. We weren't into each other, she was just the flirty type (clearly not my type).

• maybe they won't like me because I have special needs

• It's normal. It's good to take your time to know what want from a person. Don't feel like you jump into a relationship because everyone around you is or telling you to. Take your time, but also if a guy comes along that catches your eye, give it a chance and see how things go.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are not serious about it there probably won't be much love and thus no heart break.

Try it and see where it leads to. And if you think the relationship is not worth it, then end it. But remember what you liked about the relationship and what you didn't for the next time.

Especially when you don't really care about the relationship you can try out new things just to see how the person reacts. This can be frightening but also a lot of fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do not just date someone. This is good. The way the Lord wanted it to be. You husband will appreciate the wait. Just hold off and focus on building to a point you would like to find you man. And he will be there waiting.

1|0
    1|0
    • Wow, I love what you said

• Thank you. Just love helping people with truth and wisdom. Beautiful. Someone will appreciate it more then you can fathom. It's a lot of you, you don't know about.

• Seriously, don't sweat it. I haven't stsrted dating until I was 21, not because it was the first time I liked someone, but rather because it was the first time I knew I was liked.
    But you need to know that a vast majority of relationships will end in heartbreak.
    But you definitely need to try to work on that pessimism if you want to feel ready for a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • We all have this phobia. And, including myself have seen many sharing this view. But when I dig deep into ehat exactly is the background though of this. You see our mind plays a very funny games with us. People who have fear of commitment are majority belong to two groups. There are many reasons but mostly following is the reason.

1. Have seen issues between their parents. As a parent we always ignore this fact that how our relationship with out partner is effecting our child's soft brain. They take and process and believe me they do. If they see parents are not able to live happily together they tend to believe that if they are also a committed relationship they will also have to suffer the same thing.

2. Thought of getting the best. Believe me there is no one best out there. Its all about the little adjustments that we make kn our life to live with the positivity of our partner. I have seen people always not getting committed because they see some cons jn Thier current partner and then they think okay next one will be better so just wait

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't rush it. Wait and find the right guy and not some random. But if you like the guy ask him out on a simple date.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do guys like it if girls ask them out? Or should I just give him hints and wait for him to ask me out

• There is nothing wrong with asking guys out but I would recommend sending hints first or just build a friendship

• Ohk tysm

• No. I haven't been in a relationship either and I'm older than you and better looking than an average guy.

1|0
    0|0
    • I count myself as average haha

• Show All
    • 😊Glad you think so

• You should be glad that I'm interested in you. 😘 You wanna talk through messages?

• Not crazy but in this generation as young as 11/12 is getting in on the fun so 19 seems like late and ancient you sound like this days 40 year old virgin. But date when you like plus dating is harmless date and meet and see what you like then determine if you want to go any further from there. Heartbreak is inevitable you can't prevent or avoid it and most times it's created so just focus on preparing for it and how to handle it is all I'd say.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been in any kind of relationship outside of two occasions of long distance over the internet. I am still waiting for the right girl :)

1|0
    0|0
  • you aren't negative, you are rational. Don't stop being rational for the sake of a relationship.

Just keep your eye open and don't settle for less than you deserve. A good litmus test is if somebody is excited that you've never been in a relationship, it's probably a good sign, if they are put off by that, it probably means they just wanted to fuck and don't wanna waste time teaching blowjobs to a virgin

0|0
    0|1

• There's nothing wrong with never being in a relationship. It's important to focus on yourself & what you like. Relationships are special but only when you've met someone special. That person appears to not have entered your life yet so just continue to do what you enjoy doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should give it a try, its part of learning what works and doesn't works, you never know for sure until you try yourself, dont base your views ideas and conclusion from other people experiences, take them as learning and eye opening but they will never define you the person you look at or the relationship you can grow...

1|0
    0|0
  • You could try, but I say only if you want to. Everyone has and lives their own normal. For example, it's normal for my brothers and I to argue occasionally, but I had a friend where uf him and his brothers argued it was unusual and he claims his parents never argued. Now to me that's not normal. But who am I to say what's normal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should try dating but dont settle for the first person you may need to see someone a few times before you can decide whether to get a little more serious go with someone who makes you feel comfortable and is honest and loyal it may help you

1|1
    0|0
  • It's not normal but it isn't abnormal either. Most people have dated and had a relationship by 19, but it's not super uncommon not to have.

But yes, you should definitely attempt dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry... I'm 42 and I've also never been in one :o
    Nevertheless I am trying - but I've waited too long assuming it would happen "one day". It did not!

1|0
    0|0
  • Me I've had my heart ripped out plenty of times it's not fun at all. the right person comes along that loves you unconditionally for you or interested in your personality and not your looks I'd run for it With Arms Wide Open.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. But take care of your heart and your feelings. Take it slow and get to know the person really well before "taking it to the next level".
    A lot of guys want to rush to the finish line (have sex/intimacy) but that's just putting the cart before the horse.
    Getting to know someone/the beginning of a relationship is the best time in a relationship. Everything is new and exciting, everything he does is cute, etc. We should savor this part of a relationship and take it slow. There will be time enough, later on, to become intimate.
    And if he turns out to be someone you're not comfortable with (someone who'll "probably break your heart"), at least you won't have given him your heart (fallen in love with him).

Kudos on realizing you're negative. It takes a lot of strength to admit to that. Having said that, you might not be negative but, rather, realistic because a lot of relationships DO end in heartache.

Good luck. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm in the same position as you, however I have been through heartbreak because I tried to be committed to someone who wasn't right for me, it's perfectly natural to not have been in a relationship before, and if I was you I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone just for the sake of it, I'd wait until you meet someone who you feel is right for you, that's what i plan to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• I’ve never been in one either, but I do like someone at the moment! Hoping it could turn into something awesome :) if you’re down with dating, definitely give it a shot!

1|0
    0|0
  • I was 21 when I had my first relationship. It just depends on you.. I’ve only had two relationships and learned a lot from both and learned to not settle for less than what I deserve. Good luck.. don’t force it

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel exactly the same way! I think it's normal. Best not to force it and date someone just for the sake of it though, because then it probably will end with heartbreak - it will happen eventually just wait for someone you really like :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes it's normal. I haven't either because I just haven't found the right person yet. It's normal and I'm sure you'll find him soon!! 😊 You shouldn't push yourself to date but trying and experiencing new things will make dating easier in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi, this is vahndna from Delhi. I am working in Accenture Gurgaon. I am looking for someone genuine who believe to live the life in her own way. Looking for a friend who really want to enjoy the life without any limitations

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s difficult to find the perfect person right away so experiment and see the traits you like and don’t like in a partner. Heart break is terrible but you become stronger once you get through it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's normal. I am an age younger than you and I have never had a boyfriend. It just hasn't been time for it to happen yet and you shouldn't really worry. There is no need to worry

1|0
    0|0
  • You're young you have plenty of time. But yes you should try dating, heartbreaks are a part of life you will survive. But you never truly lived life unless you been in a romantic relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no perfect time to be in a relationship, it's not a shame to be single (don't care too much about thoughts of society...) maybe you aren't ready for (moreover you have a doubt otherwise if you want love and the guy that you love logically you won't hesitate ^^) Or if you are sure of you want... then go ahead !

0|0
    0|0
  • It's completely normal. When you will want it, you will know. Don't look around you that much. Everyone has different aspirations in life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was never in a relationship in my teens cause most teens are having kids and that is too young. I started being in a relationship in my 20s late 30s

1|0
    0|0
  • No... wait for the right moment... if you force yourself... you might making your life a big mess

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if normal but it's not that bad we either

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl yes, I've only started dating a month ago so don't feel bad. Do it at your own time

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want to. Your normal and only 19. Have friends for now. 🌹

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't push yourself to do anything you aren't comfortable with

0|0
    0|0
  • Same goes to me I have a lot of crush too and I never ever dated someone also

1|0
    0|0
  • No it's not a big problem you should date guys when you're ready and when you think you like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm the EXACT same way. I'm looking forward to my spinster life though lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Im 18 and am floating on your boat

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes