Anyone else get annoyed when someone else tells them what they are supposed to be attracted to?

like for the fact acceptance thing. while i think that everyone should be happy with themselves and love themselves, there is no denying that people who are obese are not as attractive as people who aren't. its gets annoying to me when they say things like "you only think thats attractive because hollywood says it is" when that is not true. basic human biology and evolution have us attracted to people who are or look to be in good health and overweight people are not. being overweight can cause a lot of health problems as can being underweight. it also gets under my skin with things like the website "what real women look like" or whatever the fuck its called. its annoying because they are so full of themselves and think that people should be attracted to them in spite of the fact that they are overweight and they get mad at men and call us misogynistic chauvinists pigs because we have standards that they dont fall into. then girls who are like that expect to have a guy who is as sexy as justin bieber and won't settle for anyone else. its honestly just fucking annoying to me and i would really like this to end

• yes that is annoying
    Vote A
  • no i dont find that annoying and here's why
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• You are right, people aren't attracted to sticks either, fat people should understand that nobody is bulling them, because all types of unhealthy is unattractive.

Body positivity should be about people with deformities and physical challenges they cannot help, like a woman who has lost breasts to cancer, amputees, people who aren't the ideal shape so on. I love to see those people love themselves and not let life tell them to hide because of challenges.

7|6
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• So sick of hearing I should find a good guy

0|0
    0|2
  • People aren't telling you what to be attracted to, only telling you not to be a cunt because you're not attracted to them.

6|2
    1|3
    • but they are the people saying that i am a cunt for not being attracted to them, not saying to not be a cunt. they are hypocrites

• Show All
    • MHO right here.

Thank you for saying everything I wanted to say.

• but they react the same way to a fat man tho and nobody seems to tell them that anything is wrong with that but when a man doesn't want a fat woman he is fat shaming her and is a shallow asshat

• It's like getting life advice from someone who you just caught doing a line in the bathroom. Everyone wants to tell you what to like & how to live, yet not a one of us really knows what the hell is going on. So, if you dont want a thick or fatty girl, don't feel bad, just do you, screw what anyone else thinks.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with you... and they kind of trash on skinny girls in the process of the whole fat acceptance, by saying how a real woman looks like... last time I checked, I was a REAL woman... despite being really thin 😐
    And the thing with "because hollywood said it is" is so dumb... people don't choose what they're attracted to.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, it does get me rather nettled. I'm attracted to the people I'm attracted to and if you're going to call me a bigot for that, then I think you need to take a good damn look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel the need to project your frustration and hatred onto other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • If anyone thinks they can tell you what you're supposed to find attractive, you should plain and simply ignore them. They don't know what they're talking about.

1|2
    0|1
  • Proportions have more to do with attractive shapes, than weight itself. You can have someone who is overweight, but if they are proportional, they are most likely attractive... also if you dont want to be with someone who isn't skinny, then dont date them. There are people who dont care what their partners bodies are like, there are people who like their partners to have some weight on them, and there are people like you who dont... at the end of the day looks are fleeting, and almost no one today dies old and thin.

1|3
    1|1
    • Unless they are ailing from an illness of course*

• Indeed proportion is key. But then again if you do have more mass but still have a waist and the right proportion your are unlikely to be really obese even if bmi tries to tell you so.

• I agree with that, my whole life I've been "obese", and I have gotten compliments on my figure... people just have this stereotypical image of what obese looks like that they can't get past unless they experience it first hand.

• Okay but this girl seems so nasty for no reason and making what the girl saying worst then it is if anything the only person in that video being horrible is her. I don't see how you could be mad when everyone in this society is selfish in some way or another nowadays. I am pretty sure she picking on this girl to feel better about herself you keep hearing her mentioning she has a husband when no one cares.

0|0
    0|0
    • and shallow! if you y'all want to argue about that then so be it but it's true 99% of society is shallow so it's makes no sense to get mad when someone being shallow when you don't care how other people be shallow.

• I watched her video and honestly she's just being a bitch about it, her whole channel pretty much sums up her personality. You can be attracted to whoever you want to be attracted to.

0|2
    0|0
  • Of course. You know yourself better than anyone else so it is irritating when someone tries to make a decision for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • People should date who they want... no matter what the preference is.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|3
    0|0
  • Fact acceptance?

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it's pretty annoying

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s honestly great that you feel this way

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what you're doing. Never forget that there's an audience for anything. There are whole dating sites devoted to fat people and yes there are thin and fit men seeking that too.

0|0
    0|1
  • Fat is not the new black

0|1
    0|0
  • No big deal. We’ve all been told to be heterosexual for a long time now, and we handled that pretty well.

1|0
    0|1
  • Jeez, this girl is a royal bitch.
    I look much better than her from head to toe and would never talk about someone this way... this “woman” has a lack of class and education.

She’s not a nutritionist or dietician. She’s probably never been overweight yet she’s making a video talking about how simple and easy it is to lose weight... interesting because every video I’ve ever seen talked about how DIFFICULT it is.

Check out from Fit2Fat2Fit. A trainer who actually gained 80lbs and said losing weight was the hardest thing he ever did in his life!

4|1
    1|0
    • the point of this video is the mindset of the girl in the dating show and how she is everything that I've described in my initial post

• Show All
    • @FinalVow

Haha, you continue to make yourself look dumb.

You’re smarter than all the professionals.

Actually I DO know what I’m talking about because I lost 100lbs!

How did you get fat to begin with? Lack of self control. You don’t know about that person but you’re pointing the finger.

DUMB

• silly there are only 2 ways to get fat. lack of self control or medical reasons. with most medical reasons (minus genetics) simple self control is all it takes. don't get me wrong ragging on fat people to make herself feel better is not okay. but you seem to think that losing weight is oh so hard. if you lost 100 lbs clearly it wasn't that hard might have required hard work but seems you had some amount of self control as you managed to lose it. Rather odd that you are trying to insult someone just because they disagree with you or perhaps it is because I said all it takes is self control. you are the one who pointed it out as an addiction. addiction is controlled by using self control any psychologist knows this. any medical professional knows this. this is very common knowledge as you can find numerous articles about it online pointing to the fact that learning self control is one of the easiest ways to get over any and all addiction.

What Guys Said 21

• Walk away from liberalism and the PC nonsense!

0|1
    1|0
  • I totally agree with you, man. Seriously, that has to stop. I honestly like a girl with a few pounds (on the class of chubby/big girl) but with a limit and a having a body that complements herself but the girl on the dating show was just completely sad and wrong from her to have that high standard. If she wants a Justin then she must put on some work not demand.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, of course it is irritating. Nobody tells me what should I find attractive and what should I get attracted to. Nobody has that right, not even my parents.

If somebody tries to tell me that, I just outright ignore them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny thing is that she'd be pissed if a guy who was 20 pounds overweight tried to talk to her.

4|3
    0|0
  • Yeah. I know what my skin color is. I know that there are also women of different skin color than what I have. I just don't care for my skin color for my mate, and I don't think that's wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • Exactly. Women in western society feel they can decide what men should be attracted to and shame them otherwise. No wonder marriage and birth rates are down. Promiscuous women, dyed hair, fat women, old women 30+ and combatative women are not attractive no matter how hard women push it.

0|0
    2|0
  • those who vocalize it the most are the ones most insecure about their personal choices. those who worry about it most - and make their choices based upon the values of others - will have far more difficulty finding their "ideal" partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I fucking hate it. What men are attracted to is stupid simple, but everyone wants to complicate the fuck out of it and squeeze in politics, fat acceptance, and political correctness, but none of that actually changes what men find attractive. What happens is men start lying to you to tell you what you want to hear so you'll stop bothering them. After that happens, there isn't an ounce of useful information you can glean from them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes !

I haven't watched the video, but I read what you said and I pretty much agree with what you said, apart from about obese women, as I do think there are guys who there who do find them attractive, though I don't and I guess you don't either, which is perfectly fine.

People need to stop thinking that their idea of beauty is what everyone should like - we all like different things and that's it.

I do think that people should make their health and wellbeing a priority though and should be able to do basic things.

I agree with you about this and almost regardless of someone some one does or likes, doesn't determine whether or not they're a 'real man' or 'real woman' - I seriously fucking hate it when people use terms like that and just think they can determine what you are, I mean how does not liking curvy women not make someone a real man.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really care to be honest, it's not like they're going to change my mind

0|1
    0|0
  • I was annoyed by it, now I don't just give a damn. I know what I like.

0|1
    0|0
  • It pisses me off. Fat women need to stop thinking they are entitled to male attraction.

0|1
    1|0
    • You can be polite to someone without dating her.

• Show All
    • That doesn;t mean you have to be an asshole about it.

• @HannaD He doesn't have to but he can, just you don't have to be a fat girl who feels entitled to men's attention but you have made that choice. Unlike someone judged for height or race or some other trait outside her control, you could just eat less.

• Live your own life. They are just projecting their own desires on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • being obese has a variety of health risks.

1. High Blood Pressure

2. Diabetes

just to name a few

0|0
    0|0
  • centuries ago the 'whale' was very desired lol... better food storage in case of famine

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh. I've been told that I'm sinning because I looked at non-white girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you 👍

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. Posers.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is annoying as FUCK!!!