Is being a feminist a dealbreaker to you?

I consider myself a feminist, and no, I’m no man-hater. I’m just very passionate about how everyone on this world should have equal social, economic and political rights.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other/results
    Vote C
And why?
I’m noticing a lot of people confusing feminists with misandrists. Misandrists are the women who believe women are better than men and are known as men-haters. Feminists want society to be fair towards both genders.

35208

Most Helpful Guys

• I typically immediately write any potential relationship off with a feminist. The reason being: if the feminist isn't a "man hater", there's a high chance that her friends will be. I'm not interested in putting myself in a situation that could make unnecessary stress for myself by having to constantly walk on eggshells to avoid upsetting people that (in my personal experience) purposely look for things to be offended about, even if it id something petty and minor. The feminists I've had experiences with argue with men seemingly just for arguments sake. There is nothing constructive or no real goal other than to try and make the man feel like he is essentially the cause for all women's troubles. I am very laid back and despise arguing or discussing other people's strong convictions and opinions simply because whatever their point is, it makes no difference to me, I could care less about what they're saying. I'm sure there are some great women out there that are feminists that don't just do things to spite men. However, I've never met one.

• Regarding your update:

The reason many people are confusing feminists with misandrists is because most people aren't familiar with the term. Labels to signify a distinction between two groups of people aren't useful when people exhibit behaviors from one group, but classify themselves as the other (ie. a woman conducting herself as a misandrist but identifying as a feminist). Every woman I have ever met that acts in the way which you describe misandrsts, don't claim themselves as such. They claim to be feminists. Maybe it is a lack of education on everyone's end that causes the confusion. Regardless, it is unfortunate that women simply seeking fair and equal rights get lumped in with those which are irrationally antagonistic.

• I'm still curious.

• Thank you for MHO!

• I have nothing against femnists. In fact I agree with femnism.
    Hypocrites, however, are a deal-breaker.
    If you claim to be feminist but still always expect men to pay for you, then you're clearly not a real femnist. You're a female supremacist.
    Now that's not to say I have a problem with paying for dates; there are two things:
    1. I just need any date of mine to understand I'm not too well-off financially so I can't always afford it.
    2. If you want me to pay for everything for you, it makes me feel like I'm being used, perhaps even abused. And it makes you look entitled, which I hate.

Most Helpful Girls

• If you care about EVERYONE having social and economic rights, you would be egalitarian. Feminism focuses on the needs of women - we need to stop saying otherwise because it's misleading. If the feminist movement was about everyone, they would talk about men's issues, black's issues, gay's issues - but they don't. Not because they don't care, but they're a niche group who focuses on core issues for that group, which is how groups work.

That's like saying breast cancer also advocates for HPV - they don't.

• Actually feminist movements such as HeForShe focus on where men are disadvantaged in society

• No they don't. Point to something they have done for MEN, that benefits men? I mean they constantly claim they are fighting for men to be able to "express" themselves, but thats something men do all the time its just we don't do it in the "right" way i. e. how women do it so feminist fight for us to act more like women but that is obviously not to men's benefit (or societies). So what have they done to benefit men?

• Im up for equality... But i think some feminist today got everything wrong... They blame men for everything and exagerate things... Guys have problems too, sexism goes both ways, hate goes both ways, rape can go both ways, dont be surprised, my brother was raped by a girl who couldn't take a no as a response... She emotionally blackmailed him, crying, and threatening until he gave in and slept with her... And at the end she said "i knew you wanted it" he was traumatized, and couldn't let any woman touch him for months... Im not saying anything about you... But before standing up saying mens have it so much better and is unfair for girls... Think twice... We are all humans in the end and gender won't make any difference