Would you date a guy that is less attractive than you?

• Yes
  • No

28

What Girls Said 28

• It seems like that's the cycle that I'm stuck in. I take a lot of time and care with my appearance. I have a good makeup routine, and I dress nicely everyday, trying to stick with the trends. I would consider myself pretty attractive.

The guys that go for me are never that. It probably has to do with my personality. Although I dress like them, I don't act like 'plastic' girls, the ones that are popular and usually quite dumb. I'm very loud and proud about being myself, which means I am unapologetically and passionately a nerd and quirky. That attracts guys that would otherwise find girls intimidating, in my opinion, because I am open and welcoming to everyone.

I've gotten some pretty unnatractive guys. I actually dated one with a pedo mustache. That was a bad relationship. I gag every time I think about it. Of course, that was an extreme, and the gagging isn't from the way he looked but from the emotional suffering I endured during that relationship.

Now, I'm dating a guy who is a large step up, in my opinion, from the last one, but I don't think he is extremely attractive. It just tends to happen that the guys I date are the nerdier type and therefore don't have the looks that I am usually interested in. Still, I care about them nonetheless, and this guy is truly a godsend.

In short, I definitely would date a guy that is less attractive than me as long as I am not disgusted by the way he looks. This is what tends to happen anyway. I stopped trying to get guys that I was attracted to a long time ago and realized I should just settle for these absolutely amazing guys that are just a bit less handsome.

• I think it would be weird to compare my looks to a guy's. I'll date a guy only if I personally find him attractive. So it doesn't matter if someone else doesn't find him attractive or think I'm more attractive than him thus I should date someone with the same physical appeal as me.

• I’m Demisexual meaning I need a mental, emotional connection to have sex. I do experience raw sexual attraction, but that is mostly with women. For the men I date they can be a 5, or beter🤷🏾‍♀️ I’m quite average looking so I don’t want too much

• 4d

Sorry.. I meant to say YES I can date someone less attractive than me

• Yea, I would. I had a 'reputation' in the past for dating unattractive guys. But I really just didn't care much about looks.

• Honestly personality is what makes a guy attractive in my opinion.

• Most of us may go to people who are attractive but at the end of the day Good character matters.

• My friends think my current crush is “okay” but I think he’s much more better looking

• If they're intelligent and funny or just have a great personality, hell yeah.

• Beauty is subjective. I would date a guy who would at least put some effort into his appearance but being physically attractive isn't everything.

• I was about to ask why that's even relevant, then I saw you're 16.

• There isn't a guy who is less attractive than me 😂😂😂

• Probably, though if he was less attractive than ME, he would be UUUUG-LEE.

• Looks aren't the most important thing. Personality is key

• Yes. His personality is all I look for. I've learned that guys who may be cute on the outside, aren't always so cute on the inside.

• I'd prefer him to be average like me, which means the same league.

• I have and would again. Not trying to toot my own horn but let’s be honest...

• Because I believe looks are just a bonus. He could have the most amazing personality

• I wouldn't want to date a guy more attractive than me so yes

• I usually do.

• Shore

• More from Girls
    8