Do some of you women realize that putting "shopping" as an "interest" on a dating profile makes you less attractive?

Why would any man say I can't wait to hook up and watch her to blow her/my money on her hobby of spending a lot of money? 😂 There's too many of these types of women on dating sites.
Some people are not 100% understanding the question. People need to shop for needed things. A lot of us enjoy to shop for stuff. But it can not be concidered a intrest or hobby. You can obviously shop for your hobbies and interests. But calling it other wise? Might end up as personal issues, like hoardering. And over spending on things you will use once and/or never again. My mother loves to shop, look at her now she's a hoarder. Her best excuse "oh its was on special".

5251

Most Helpful Girls

• Isn't it better that she's honest about her interests? That way you can swipe left and be done with her.

• Yes, exactly. Just it end up being to many no swipes, unfortunately. Where are all the active, outdoor, expérience life women? Dating sites are hopeless for most people. It can be depressing at points lol.

• @cutiebytheshore123 I use the term gold digger, with women that don't want to earn and spend their own money, and look for men to buy them "thing's". Which is also materialistic. Please be polite. Debate. Not insult. Have a great day.

• By the way @cutiebytheshore123, no one can afford a woman in today's world, especially Americans. Over half of all college graduates do not find work related to their field and have to tolerate and work with multiple demeaning minimum wage jobs, even with the supposed employment hike. If a woman feels she should be afforded she's not a partner, in the military we had a term, she's a dependa, a hood rat hooking up for benefits.

• I think they are trying to be honest. Being honest is better than being fake so if you spend your spare time shopping - its reasonable to talk about it.

• I think you're misunderstanding what some women mean when they say that shopping is an interest/hobby of theirs.
      i. e. My Aunt loves to go shopping, but not to buy stuff she loves looking around in the store.
      Yes, she gets the things she needs but once she has picked out the items she needed she likes to roam around the store before leaving.

• @Mrwonder If you're not into "expensive girls" then you have every right not to date them and you're not wrong in doing so. It's your preference. Now, that doesn't mean that she should be shamed and judged harshly for having expensive tastes and shopping. Financial compatibility is extremely important.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm always amused when they list "financially successful" or "financially secure" as one of the things they expect in a mate. It reeks of "gold digger". Its bad enough they expect us to pay for the date-be damned if I'm going to pay for their shopping too.

• It’s ridiculous that just about everybody is so materialistic and greed rules the day. Those things used to be seen as a bad things because they are.
    Look at the women line up to insist ‘it’s fun’. Ya so is gluttony and as we see people are starting to justify it any way possible as well. Is murder next?
    Just because it’s fun does not mean it’s good.
    But that would require free thought and self-discipline. Something greatly lacking in our society. Ya know ‘girls just wanna have fun.’

I once saw a woman who put one of her interests as gravey. Seriously, she put gravy as an interest. Unreal.