Would you ever end things with someone because of their religion?

I had a thing with this boy once and we weren't quite dating yet but it was getting there but then his mom found out that I'm not religious and so he wasn't allowed to hang out with me anymore. I live in a very religious area and it stresses me out to put myself out there now because I am scared all the boys are going to do the same thing.
I don't have a problem with the other being religious because I was raised in that religion I have just made my way out. The only problem I have with them being religious is if they have a problem with me not being religious.
I am not atheist I just am not active in any church. I do believe in a God and an afterlife.

1935

Most Helpful Guys

• in religious, let's date. lmao, jk.
    but that's is because athiests don't understand. but that's not all of them, you'd be surprised how many are open minded

• Just curious, do you live in a place like Utah where most people are Mormon?

• I live in Utah.

• I don't know how I knew that! LOL... Yeah I hear Utah is 70% Mormon.

• Well it depends how seriously one takes their religion. People who aren't *that* serious about it would be more open to dating outside of their religion. And the area where you live is mostly Mormon, but not all. Maybe a non-Mormon guy will catch your attention!

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn’t want to date someone who doesn’t have the same faith as me. Why? Because daily decisions will become more difficult, raising kids will be a problems as I’d like to bring my kids up in a Christian home and just so, so much more. No offence but people can be toxic towards other people’s faiths.

• Yes. If he became an extremist in his views , or tried to control my life by expecting me to change and adhere to his religious beliefs and standards . If he constantly bombarded me with scriptures , and persistently tried to change my beliefs it would be a dealbreaker.