Would you ever end things with someone because of their religion?

I had a thing with this boy once and we weren't quite dating yet but it was getting there but then his mom found out that I'm not religious and so he wasn't allowed to hang out with me anymore. I live in a very religious area and it stresses me out to put myself out there now because I am scared all the boys are going to do the same thing.
Updates:
I don't have a problem with the other being religious because I was raised in that religion I have just made my way out. The only problem I have with them being religious is if they have a problem with me not being religious.
I am not atheist I just am not active in any church. I do believe in a God and an afterlife.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• in religious, let's date. lmao, jk.
    but that's is because athiests don't understand. but that's not all of them, you'd be surprised how many are open minded

0|0
    0|0
  • Just curious, do you live in a place like Utah where most people are Mormon?

0|0
    0|0
    • I live in Utah.

• I don't know how I knew that! LOL... Yeah I hear Utah is 70% Mormon.

• Well it depends how seriously one takes their religion. People who aren't *that* serious about it would be more open to dating outside of their religion. And the area where you live is mostly Mormon, but not all. Maybe a non-Mormon guy will catch your attention!

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn’t want to date someone who doesn’t have the same faith as me. Why? Because daily decisions will become more difficult, raising kids will be a problems as I’d like to bring my kids up in a Christian home and just so, so much more. No offence but people can be toxic towards other people’s faiths.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. If he became an extremist in his views , or tried to control my life by expecting me to change and adhere to his religious beliefs and standards . If he constantly bombarded me with scriptures , and persistently tried to change my beliefs it would be a dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• Sure, had to end it one time with a Muslim Woman who said I had to convert or else her Family would not accept me. That was a dealbreajer for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes cause all religons are fake, i don't mind if they believe if there is god or demons and stuff, but people who believe there religon they fallow is the truth are idiots, cause these are just storys made up to make a group of people come together so if you believe the bible is the truth or something your dumb and i don't deal with idiots.

0|0
    0|0
    • Of course you do, Darwinian.
      You probably believe that humans caused the big bang too, right?
      (If you didn't get it, don't bother to reply)

• Show All

• Again, without any facts, you disagree, use a few insults and click the reply button.

I'll ask you a simple question. Is it possible to see someone, you have never met or seen in a dream?
      If yes why so, and if not, why isn't it possible? (Reply with science and not just opinions)

Scientifically speaking, is it possible to come up with something from nothing?

According to Einstein's relativity theory , time and space are bound together and they create the space-time continuum. As they were created together as a result of the big bang, so let's say that Gid created the big bang. Isn't he outside space and time, therefore (again, scientifically speaking) doesn't need a reason or a cause to exist, which explains a lot?

Considering that you are a science person, does the existence of God, contradicts any proven scientific laws? No? Why not?
      I emphasize on the word proven, we are taking about facts here, not theories.

• @JakeShore you didn't take anything of what i just said in that brain of your's so i am gonna stop talking no need to waste my time on a idiot who thinks it is dumb to use insults and used them himself and legit didn't read my replay. You keep babbleing on nothing you have said proves a good point that chirstanity and other religons are just made up.
      Like i said it is the simplest lie to come up with, like i have already explained. But oh well i spent enought time on you, but you simple cannot get it though your head that it is not that hard to make up a fake story about a god or where the first person would of gotten it from.
      So if you respond to this i won't care nor respond back cause you sir a not very bright omg look i used an insult so bad of me "sighs"

• Never has happened, but I would probably end the relationship if they had a change in tolerance or trying to pull me into said religion. I'm not religious either, but I have good tolerance but not being tolerated for not being religious is kinda hurtful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was with a girl of different religion than mine and mom told me to break up but i secretly remained in a relationship with her bc i loved her. We broke up after a 2 and a half years. But the point is if a guy loves you he will love u regardless of the opinion of his family, even if it is hidden.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is for the best really, if you don't have the same beliefs, you would encounter a lot of issues, starting from basic decisions (i don't drink, i don't eat this or that) to raising the kids and giving them the correct ideas.

I am not a Christian, i believe in One God and yes i would not date someone because of religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ahhaha ok thats a hard one in every reliogon if ure not in it ure not goin to get a guy but gosh be careful who u date please the reliogouse boys are usually better trained and have learned respect they won't go against family rules rarely some do but yea i guess be careful

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumped a catholic girl over it once. She was insistent my kids would go to church, I was insistent they would not.

0|1
    0|0
  • You have to stay true to yourself and not pretend to be someone you aren't. Never be ashamed afraid of your non-belief. You will find someone that will accept you for being who you are.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, this being the case in Utah must be rough. My heart goes out to you.

• Well I would like to sate a Christian as I am one. I wouldn’t date an Atheist I find them kinda toxic (no offense).

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah just like I would immediately dump my girlfriend if I found out she was a Republican. I don't expect anyone to change, just like I don't believe in pushing my beliefs on anyone

0|0
    0|1
  • Possibly... If they're religious and that changes what we can do togheter or what we allow our future child (ren) to do you're out the door.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would move to a city where the people have common beliefs, or lifestyles, or just go to church anyway. That will solve a lot of issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes our beliefs were way different and i was going to lose myself to please someone whom i jad cared about

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess I'd ask the girl what she thinks, if she'd want to be with me, then fuck it, if not, then fuck it

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy doesn't wanna be with you coz of his beliefs then FUCK HIM. One of my closest friends is a Sikh and his boyfriend is atheist

0|0
    0|1
    • The entire thing is about beliefs, interests and attraction. What are you talking about?

• I'm saying that religious should stand in your way if being with whoever you want

• No religion does not matter if you really like someone you like them for who they are and you should follow through with it

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not even start things if the other one is religious in any way. I am not into religions. I think it's a way of dumbness

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Religious differences are usually irreconcilable and irreconcilable beliefs are high on my list of dealbreakers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rather not have idiots, non religious is much nicer,

0|0
    1|0
  • If they were forcing their religion down my throat then I'd have a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Well I dont follow any religion. I respect all religious practices a belives but if the person is really hardcore on it we will never develop a friendship. I just dont like when even positive social interactions get sabotaged by the hardcorness of the religiousness so I avoid as I know it womt be a fruitfull relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would affect parenting issues. I'm comfortable with people dating any person from any background but when it comes to reproduction, stick to your own race etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • If i dated a boy who was religious it would be okay, but if you openly express you're not religious or you have a different religion and they try to keep getting you to join theirs then you should probably leave them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when they shove it down your throat it does become a problem. One of my exes was muslim and demanded that I convert. Dumped instantly

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't bother starting something with someone religious.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the difference was significant, then there would be a problem. Christian girls aren't even in my dating pool (being lesbian and all that)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I had to end a friendship, it wasn’t the religion itself it was the fact that they tried to push the religion on to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, if they were religious I would break up with them.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • I do respect other people's beliefs. I don't believe in God or anything. If you do cool but I don't want to talk about it a whole lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. I could not date someone with extreme views of the World and strict "laws"

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don’t care as long as they don’t force their religion on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn’t unless there forcing it down my throat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't start with someone who doesn't share my belief

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if they push their beliefs off on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t mind their religion

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I can’t date outside my religion anyways but if it happened then eventually yeah I would or I wouldn’t I don't know but it could never progress to marriage and kids..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes