How do you react when you see your partner check someone out?

Whether you're a guy or a girl, straight or gay, how do you feel and what do you do when you catch your partner checking someone out?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If I catch him checking another girl out I will say something, like yeah, she's got a nice body. Not being bitchy or anything, just acknowledging an attractive person. So long as he's being respectful and not acting all stupid and staring like a creep. That would be a different situation

1|1
    1|1
  • Depends honestly...
    If it's something that happens frequently, then I would get quite annoyed. If it's not that frequent, then I can have enough strength to let it slide and give him a pass because I know that sometimes what a girl wears really does draw your eyes (even a girl gets sprung when a girl walks by with an inny bitty waist and that big round thing in your face) but tbh, never a head turn... I really hate it. And I would be really upset, because for some reason it just feels really different for me, it's like the lady controled every muscle in his body for a moment and I don't like that at all. You can appreciate beauty, but a head turn is too much. Because usually guys dont head turn when it's just about beauty, it's usually about staring at her ass or breasts or skimpy dress.
    And I mean backwards head turn, I don't mind if it's turning their heads from side to side if she's in their visual field.. but I dunno why the backward head turn is different for me

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It doesn't bother me when she says a guy is good looking, or if she looks at guy. If she stared, or made some moves, it would be an entirely different story. However, I know she won't do that, and I feel secure in her commitment to me, and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's what EVERY guy says.

• Show All
    • @Maxim245 : I'm sorry that was your experience. But that is not everybody's experience.

• Should be; so everyone would get a taste of life

• My heart says "obviously she finds them more attractive than me and wants to break up and get with them instead and I should just go..."
    Then it says "nope stop thinking like that she's just seeing if he matches the face on the milk carton."
    "Nope she hates you"
    "He's probably gonna attack us."
    "Leave"
    "Careful"
    NO I'm gonna ignore that... 😓

2|0
    0|0
    • You're a cuck.

• Show All
    • I'm just a troll, and you obviously do have mental issues

• @Maxim245 Wow thanks doctor. I already said that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 54

• I don’t really overreact or anything just make a small comment it’s human nature to check people out even if your in a relationship like yes you only have feelings for the person your with but that doesn’t make everyone else less attractive it’s just the matter of how you go about it there’s nun wrong with looking a quick glance or two just don’t touch

0|0
    0|0
  • I cry. I run out of the restuarant. Then I run back in the restuarant and punch him. Then I run out the restaurant crying. Than i run back in the restuarant and punch the person he checked out. Then I calmly walk out the restaurant get in my car and calmly drive home.

2|0
    0|1
    • Dam girl don't cry for that it's normal u never looked at another guy honestly tho guys sometimes want two girls and sometimes girls want two guys so u have to be more open at the very beginning about ur commitment policy and tht ur just trying to prevent ur pretty little heart from hurting so if he don't feel the same way then don't start something u can't finish I'm tryna get to lvl 2 so I can post with pictures don't mind me ladies I'm don't mean to offend I just love a bad girl policy Jesus I didn't tht please forgive me again and give me the strength to resist these sexy women

• I'm fine with my man checking out other girls, in fact i actually encourage it, i even say for example that said woman over there is hot or that said man over there is handsome and we tell each other why we think that, Honestly it's just how you handle the certain situations in a relationship that makes it worth while, if you can't accept it you'll have to talk about why you don't accept it. if you accept it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never caught my current partner checking someone out. But, if he did, I’d probably follow his gaze, and then look at my boyfriend and just shake my head. I think it’s rude to do it in front of your partner. My first boyfriend used to do it constantly, and make it so blatant (he looked like he was going to break his neck looking). I did not like that, and it made me feel badly.

1|0
    1|0
  • That's really disrespectful and I'd doubt his loyalty subconsciously. I define checking out as full on staring or looking every time at her. It would leave a bitter taste in my mouth for sure. I'd probably end up staring at a handsome someone else as well so he feels how I feel. You're controlling your eyes and not otherwise.
    I think people who comment that they're fine with it are trying too hard believing that or aren't really in love in the first place.

0|0
    0|1
    • Subconsious loyalty? So when you're with someone you lose your capacity to find other males atractive?

• I think you didn't read well. A quick glance is alright. Finding someone beautiful is alright but staring like I'm not there or looking every time is just plain disrespectful.

• I normally just roll my eyes... i think its natural to check out the opposite sex, it doesn't necessarily mean theyll act on what they see... if i was sitting at a table with my partner and there was a woman at the next table with her breasts popping out of her shirt i wouldn't get pissed with my partner looking at her, chances are i noticed it too and would just joke about it like "do you want me to get boobs that big" or something stupid...

0|0
    0|0
    • Suzy b u would be furious girl don't lie u know u would walk up to her and slap the taste out of her mouth

• Show All
    • U want to get naked and rate each other's hotness lol but make it quick my ex could walk through that door any second and kick u out and she's tough I seen her headbutt another girl so hard it caved in her nose and I screamed like a girl cause I can't stand the site of blood unless it's a girls kitty Kat then it turns me on cause I feel as though I took her virginity and don't girls feel better after rough sex after pms u know what I talk a lot sometimes just thump me on the forehead but the downside to that is my left buttcheek will fall asleep on me so I'll need to ejaculate in a females mouth or it will not wake up other than that I'm just like any other guy u think I'm hot don't u suzyb just don't come on too strong like I said my ex could walk through that door any second and if my penis is in ur mouth when she walks in she will cave in ur nose and I'll scream like a girl and pass out and that just wouldn't look good at all when ems pulls up

• I think you need professional help...

• When I catch him giving side glances, I never really know if he's checking someone out, scoping someone out or just looking at shops or something and then I'll laugh, ask him "what?" with genuine curiosity and he'll either shake his head or tear my head off over nothing. I don't know why or what that means but... that's all I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's meh. A human can't help but check out a good looking thing. If my girlfriend were to check out another girl. And she was hot as hell. Than fuck it. But it the person was gross. Haha I'd just make fun of my girl for checking them out. It's not something to stress over

0|1
    0|0
  • My SO and i love people watching so i find it too be normal when he sees a pretty girl he'll tell me so i can look to haha

0|2
    1|0
  • doesn't bother me I check out guys and he checks out girls sometimes I do it with him

1|1
    0|3
    • OMG ur my favorite girl answer omg l love u marry me and let's have kids kiss me dammit forgive me Lord I don't wanna go to hell

• It's 100% natural! I almost encourage it... but I Love uping my game when I go out so he can't take his eyes off me 😎

1|3
    0|0
  • Obviously be petty af, upset and angry and will ruin his mood and the whole night and he might even not understand why

0|0
    1|1
  • It urks me. Like you have me why do you need to check out other girls? I think it's in sensitive and rude. It's a telltale sign of a cheater as well

3|0
    0|0
  • Its normal human behavior to check out both males and females, if they don't then that's a red flag. If I see a woman who has clothing on, and looks great, I'll tell her. It's nice to get a compliment from a stranger. ✌

0|0
    4|1
  • Well, if I was with someone and they did that, I'd break up with them real quick. The only person they should be checking out is me or else it's considered cheating

0|1
    0|1
  • Usually just chime in with a "her ass is nice right babe? or something along this lines haha

2|3
    0|0
  • I get pissed and either grab him really hard or ignore him. He knows i dont appreciate it and knows i find it super disrespectful so i dont let him get away with it

0|0
    0|0
    • U let her know she's barking up the wrong tree. Y'all's girls don't let no women take y'all's man once he sees how much u care he will return the favor in most cases not all but most

• Don't have a partner, I'm just here for the xper.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

3|0
    4|0
  • Definitely goes both ways. I see my partner check people out and vice versa. I don't appreciate it when it's a double take or something more than just a gaze...

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 55

• LOL, I do it too, so I definitely don't have a Problem with her "Looking but not touching".

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's not frequent even though I'm straight I'll be like "so what is it his hair or do you like the look of his ass lol" basically I'd turn it into a jokey thing but if it was constant and they kept telling me how every guy she looked at was so great I'd feel insulted and pissed off tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't bother me. We're mature enough to realise that there are still other people we find attractive in the world.

3|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how often she does it. If we went out on a date and she was focused on me the whole night, then after we leave she mentions the waiter was hot or something like that, I wouldn’t mind. But if she was CONSTANTLY looking at other guys the whole night to the point where I wasn’t even sure she knew I was there, then I’d probably just leave and I’d be more likely to break up with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls be like upset when we look at other women.
    Well duh, you girls aren't the only girl on the planet.
    This is one of the reasons why I don't want to have a girlfriend.

As for me, i couldn't care less, so long she'd stay loyal to me.

0|0
    3|1
  • I don't care. You can always look at the menu as long as you go home to eat. People who have a problem with it need to deal with their insecurities and/or jealousy issues.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yes, and I always thought that my ex girlfriend always "came home to eat", despite quiiiite often checking out other guys.
      Turned out that she had been "eating out" behind my back - with a guy, who probably literally took her out to eat, and then figuratively ate her out afterwards.
      That's a WHOLE LOT of eating, and I got fuck all.

• If they are like EYEBALLING someone I'll react with wtf and be mad but if they just like look and don't even think about it then I'll be confused and slightly worried

1|0
    0|0
  • Na because everyone has their limitations but I make sure to "own" my girls mind so if she wants to get a guy or girl she can I'll be here when she gets back

0|0
    1|0
  • I something lewd about the other person, like: "yeah, you'd like having him and I fill both your holes, wouldn't you?" or "nice ass, I'd hit it" xD

1|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing wrong with simply looking at an attractive person. That's why they do it, to catch eyes

0|0
    1|0
  • I Think it s disrespectful considering if they could do that in front of me i wonder what they do behind my back

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care... if anything makes me want to fuck her harder and more and tell her she's a bad girl... but in the end I don't care

0|0
    2|1
  • I dont care. I look, she looks, we are human. If It was so easy to lose her then I guess we never really had a strong relationship.

0|1
    2|0
  • How could you not use the meme that is this exact very situation? I feel hurt... But to answer your question it feels upsetting at least to me

1|0
    0|0
  • I really do not care cayse its just human nature... Will make a joke out of it... and let it go with the flow.

1|0
    0|1
  • Means there IS a sex drive. Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

1|1
    3|1
  • Uh id smile and relax. Poor guy. He can't have my girl even if se finds him attractive. Too bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its human nature to check out other stuff on the market, if you forbid it it might get worse than just checking out

0|0
    2|0
  • Lmao nothing I mean I don't own my partner, it's a mutual respect, if she's checking someone out then go ahead

0|0
    3|0
  • You don't. Let's be realistic you do too. Everyone does. Its human nature, does not mean the are planning on doing anything about it.

0|0
    1|0
    • No it's not. If given the opportunity you definitely would. Looking at someone like that iss thinking about them like that.

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes