Where should I take my girlfriend for our first date?

I appreciate your feedback. She is the fun social type.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Wait so let me get this right. You both agreed to exclusively see each other and have not been on any dates? Wow. You did ask her to be your girlfriend not assumed it? This is simple just ask her what would she enjoy doing on a date. Every girl is different. If you spend a lot of time together then you have an idea of a fee things she likes to do that you also would enjoy doing. Make it a low pressure date like site seeing or go learn salsa dance.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol... i'm pretty sure... i see her at my school and at some parties for past 2 years. After awhile, i decided to ask her out ( recently ) at a quincenera.

During the quince, i asked if i could start seeing... she laughed because we tend to see each other often... but ultimately agreed.
      I asked her out to at the local park (she loves soccer) ... i was not sure if it was enough.

I tend to make everything complicated;

thanks for your post

• So her dad knows you. That's super sweet! You are thoughtful. Please do return to update us after the date.

• I think pizza hut sounds good or a movie too. I would watch a children's movie though - none of that sex and violence and drug and crime type of movie - that isn't romantic or memorable. A movie I enjoyed when I was younger was Free Willy.

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Here is something I have done several times. It's a role play and I get complements on it quite often because it's very original.

Go to the mall. Yep, I said mall. The role play is that you act as if you just won some dating show contest. Hint, watch some old YouTube cuts of 'The Dating Game' and 'The Wedding Game.' Then go into different shops and stores and start 'shopping' like your decorating your house. Have her pick out stuff, and you pick out stuff. It starts to really get fun when you both tease about each others tastes when it comes to kitchen items and bedding.
    Don't forget to "shop" for clothes. You will learn what she would like you wear. Same would go for her. Don't get overly sexual with the lingerie, but one or two over the top items can be fun. Like holding up a G-String and then shaking your head no and scrunching your face.

The thing with doing this is you have totally invested with it. If not it becomes weird. You need to be high energy. The more you are into it, the more she will be.
    Do it right, and it's an amazingly good time where you both get to really know each other.

2|1
    0|0
  • Maybe roller skating, ice skating, bowling, some place where you can dance.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Don't ask her what she wants. We like when guys take the lead and make plans. Shows he is secure and confident. Take her to a petting zoo, go to an indoor maze, walk through your local China town, etc. Something that has distractions and that has something for u to talk about during. A movie is silence and no chances to talk. Buy her flowers or a cute little stuffed animal.

3|2
    1|0
    • But be careful, of you take her somewhere she hates, she won't tell you then resent you for it, and ghost you without ever letting you know what you did wrong

• Well she’s a douche if she does that. And you didn’t need her anyways

• What about coffee / tea and a walk in a park? Or movie... Keep it simple. No need for fancy places.

0|1
    0|1
  • Well the picture says it all, take her to a theme park of sorts, its a great way to enjoy eachothers company, get to know eachother and it takes a lot of pressure off

2|1
    0|0
  • Restraunt
    Fair
    Beach
    Horseback
    Bowling
    Ice skating
    Roller skating
    Fun zone ( bouce houses etc )
    Zoo
    Aquarium
    Ask her where she always wanted to go ( somewhere nearby ) and surprise her

You can also combine stuff to like
    Horseback on the beach and gone to a restraunt
    Something like that

0|0
    0|0
  • We just did dinner and riding around because it was winter and nothing to do. But something outdoors would be an awesome first date if the weather is nice. A zoo or picnic or hiking or a walk in the park

1|1
    0|0
  • Some fun place u can go.. like amusement park or water park.. or if she is religious go to church or some place like that. Or if she is nature lover go somewhere beautiful.. yeah dont forget to have a romantic dinner😄.. u can also try a movie..

1|0
    0|1
  • She's already your girlfriend before taking her out?
    Hmm..🤔

1|3
    0|0
  • It’s supposed to go, dates then girlfriend. Not girlfriend, then go on dates. Lol

1|3
    0|0
  • Somewhere to dance, or someplace like a street fair or an off-beat coffee shop. Nothing extravagant, but interesting and conversation-stimulating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never take her to a movie take her somewhere where you can socialize like a ice cream place, something that isn't messy

1|1
    0|0
  • Something fun & exciting or if preferred just out to dinner.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fair would be a good date!

1|2
    0|0
  • Why not ask her would she would like?

0|1
    0|0
  • Fair, dinner, arcade, drive in movie, mini golf

0|1
    0|0
  • cemetery

0|1
    0|0
    • It would be deeper than romantic sort of behaviour

• Ice Cream or the zoo even both is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • The zoo! Or someone outside

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 38

• Well I would probably go to some bar but not like any bar I mean those who have tables and chairs outside (dont know how to say it in english) for some drink, after that you can walk by river side if you have river in your city and after that you can go to park (that is with green fields and concrete paths ) you can sit on some bench with nice view, rest is up to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee. Don't do movies. I'd rather not do anything food related either.

First dates are all about getting to know each other. It's not about the perfect location or activity, it's about you and her.

You can't chat at the movies, so that is not a good first date idea. Ordering food is tricky, because depending on what you guys eat, half the time will be spent chewing nervously when the other just asked a question.

Don't complicate yourself, go for a coffee.

0|1
    0|0
  • A zoo is a pretty good option because you get to spend a lot of time together 9/10 times girls love animals so that's an instant bonus plus you got the option of getting lunch there so it's pretty decent but if not you could always suggest skating and then go off into the town and just spend the day out like in all honesty just do something fun, you don't even have to be alone make it a day out with her and a bunch of both of your friends it'll probably be much more fun that way anyway tbh 👌

1|0
    0|0
  • This is how I normally do it. I pick her up at her house. Then we go watch a movie. Then after the movie we Gondor a drink or ice cream. Then you have all the time to talk and you even have a subject to talk about in case you run out, bcs you just watched a movie.

0|0
    0|0
  • So she's your girlfriend but you haven't been on a date yet? I just don't understand todays young folk...
    Anyhoo Embassy Suites is nice, but Motel 6 works in a pinch.
    We'll leave the light on for ya!

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the idea of mini golf or bowling. You can then get pizza and some have arcades so you can win her a stuffie and beat her at air hockey. Anything active is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand people who say ''movie''. Why would you take a girl to watch a movie on a first date. Isn't the idea of a first date to get to know each other? Just go eat a pizza with her or something jeez...

0|0
    0|0
  • Take her to lunch then movie and then drop her home. Actually I did this on my first date and my girlfriend likes it. I hope your girlfriend like it too. best of luck!

0|1
    0|0
  • If you haven't been on a date, then how can she be your girlfriend?

1|1
    0|0
  • You should take him to some romantic place.❤ And Spend time with her.. And try to know what she wants from you.. because not all the girls make relationships just for money or to pass the time..

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your age... if ur under 18 maybe to drink somethimg like cola or hot chocolate or if ur above 18 to a a dinner... ask her about her favorite food/drink

0|0
    0|0
  • Fly her to Paris, go up the Eiffel tower, Arc de triomphe, snails and champagne.

0|0
    0|0
  • She is not even ur girlfriend then if it's a first date lol 🤣
    ... but take her to bowling

0|1
    0|0
  • Carnival/festival/ amusement park

Zoo

Baseball game

Honestly mall dates are underrated

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are picking her up, DO NOT JUST HONK THE HORN, GO INSIDE AND MEET HER PARENTS! FIND OUT WHEN YOU NEED TO HAVE HER HOME BY. Is it an all day date? If so meet her for lunch at a diner or cafe. You foot the bill on everything, unless she specifically says otherwise. Take her to an amusement park, zoo, or whatever you have close. Have a nice dinner at a decent restaurant,( nothing fast food),
    Pizza, Panera Bread, it dont have to be fancy, just cozy. Then take her to a movie (her choice) or dancing (if you have an underage danceclub near you). HAVE HER HOME 10-15 MINUTES EARLY!!! That shows respect for her parents and will possibly be a chance at a second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starbuck, bowling, or a nice casual, but not too expensive restaurant. A bar/lounge with good ambience. Movie theater probably not recommend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take her down to a local creek or behind a bowling alley and pump her full of wine coolers or mad dog 20/20

0|0
    1|0
  • First off, 1st date + girlfriend does not fit in the first sentence. I would take mine to something exciting like zip lining or laser tag.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you can go cinema or to the café for drink or eating something. You should talk to much i think first date

0|0
    0|0
  • Take her to the kitchen and ask her to make you a sandwich, if she says yes she's a keeper.

0|0
    3|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes