Is it bad to wait a few dates before telling someone you have a child?

I really like this guy but feel as though he’s not going to like me back because i’m a mom. My confidence has reached an all time low and really can’t take rejection anymore off guys.
  • Yes
  • No

1043

Most Helpful Guys

• Um. . . . are you ashamed of your child? ? ? Look you are who you are, look at the positives, you're young enough to bounce back because this is prime age for healthy baby, and healthy mum. Say that to people. Say you're proud to be a young mum, and that your baby is healthy and your body is too.

Look bottom line kids take time. They take time away from couples. It IS going to be hard for you. But some guys like kids and want to be fatherly. The more you act like your kid's a dirty secret, the more guys will think of you as used and desperate. There IS a genuine feeling among guys that, ugh, someone else got to plant the seed, now I have to look after the garden? Just honesty, but the thing is, that mindset is completely removed when the girl has a stable, non-intrusive friendship with her kid's father, or she's unwilling to ever see that guy again. And over and above that, if the girl is proud and upfront about her child.

• And what difference does it make with waiting to tell him? Eventually you will have to and if he doesn't want that it will only be 10 times worse cause you lulled yourself into believing he will be different. If he doesn't mind he doesn't mind now also but might mind later because you didn't tell. Sorry but that's the price you pay for having children your dating life is not what it used to be.

Most Helpful Girls

• Your child should be the most important thing in your life not dating or worrying about rejection. If you do choose to date your child should be one of, if not THE FIRST topic of discussion. Why would you even consider someone who wouldn't want you because you're a mother? If your confidence is that low you shouldn't be dating or looking for attention from men as a pick-me-up, seeking validation through others will only continue to bring you down, you need to focus more on finding happiness within yourself and being the best mom you can be.

• Yes, I think it is bad. That's something you definitely need to be upfront about. Even if you think they may lose interest, this is something that the other person deserves to know going into dating you. Your child is a major part of your life and who you are. It should never be something you are ashamed of, but obviously there are some people out there who either don't want kids themselves or simply aren't interested in dating someone with kids and you need to understand and respect that.

If that fact about you makes someone lose interest then clearly they weren't the right person for you anyway. For others, being honest from the very beginning could make a difference to them and they will still take the time to get to know you. I'm sure it's hard to be in the dating world when you have a child but don't give up. Even if it takes a while to find, the right person is out there. ❤️