What advice can you give someone who never been on a date before that is about to go on one?

By someone I mean me. I’ve never been on a date and don’t know what to expect so I tend to turn guys down. Bad, I know. I want to give dating a shot but it’s nerve racking to me.

Any tips?
Updates:
No worries about cheating. I hate cheating. I would never do it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well first date is like first impression, so light talks to keep both of you relaxed, also no questions about the past, find something that you have common for example video games or some sport that you both like ( but watchout) if it soccer dont you even think about to mention Ronaldos abs, or in basketball dont try to mention LeBrons shoulders just talk about sport and skills that players have, dont mention physical look at all. Or if you have art as common interest, type of music, movies etc. Main point is that date have to go fluid, relaxed, to enjoy it. After pleasant talk or maybe kisses you would for sure want to go on second date. Just relax and enjoy the time. I hope and wish that your first date go nice and pleasureable, after that you won't have to ask questions for second date, nature is take care of that milleniums ago, imagine how we dated before internet, there was nobody to talk about it so you must have a guts go like its end of the world but after 10 min of talk you realize that its actually not that hard, because nature takes care of that. Offcourse there is allways little anxiety but thats normal, every time I approach a girl ir go on a first date I am little nervous just like any human being. ONCE AGAIN RELAX, DEEP BREATH AND ENJOY

0|0
    0|0
  • First, try to relax. It's not really that hard. Mostly all you have to do is be you. If you have to act special for him to like you, then you don't belong together anyway. So just be you and that will come across better than if you try to act like someone you're not.

It is good to be sure you pay attention to him and listen to things he's saying. Also, talk. If he asks you something, don't just give him a one or two word answer. At least give him a few sentences. It's really hard to have a conversation with someone that only gives really short answers. He might be just as nervous as you so help him out by carrying part of the conversation.

Ask him some things too. Nothing too personal, but basic things like where he grew up, does he have any siblings, what kind of work he does, and what he likes to do in his free time are good. He might ask you similar things. That's a good way to start learning more about each other. For the things he really seems interested in, ask him to explain more about them (even if you don't really care that much). People usually feel good when talking about things that are important to them, so if you show interest he'll probably like that.

You can offer to pay for yourself, but if he wants to pay let him. Don't feel like that obligates you to anything though (other than talking). At the end of the date, you can decide if you feel comfortable with a quick goodnight kiss, but you don't (and in my opinion shouldn't) do anything more than that. If you enjoyed being with him, let him know that so he'll know you might be interested in another date.

Good luck! I hope it goes well.

2|0
    0|0
    • So when is this date? Will you let us know how it goes?

• I’m hoping with the guy I’ve been crushing on for a long time. No solid plans for anything yet though. I already made my move and he turned me down that day because he had to work so I’m letting him call the shots now.

• Good for you making the first move. Hopefully he'll contact you soon to arrange something. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well yes it awkward especially if youve never spent any time with this person but you should expect having fun freindly conversation its your first chance to learn about this person but truth is the only awkward part should be the very beginning once you get talking about the things you care about and see them wanting to listen and learn more about you you'll loosen up and have fun

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Keep in mind that the the guy is asking YOU to spend time with him, and you don't really owe him ANYTHING, regardless of whether he's paying for dinner, or whatever. It's possible you two might have a nice time just talking, and that's as far as it goes. On the other hand, if it feels good to you, and the magic's there, things might end up getting very intimate. He should respect you, and your wishes.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's rather easy just talk, don't see it as a date but more like getting to know each other. more like friends talk about hobbies things in common, what you like to do. things of that nature but at the same time if you're interested in the guy flirt alittle.

Just talk like normal.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'd be glad to talk with you if you'd like some Insight when you go on a date, what ask, if it's weird, things like that.

• Dating doesn't have to be that complicated. Think of it like this, you're just going out to get to know someone, hopefully doing something fun, and just finding out if you have things in common and generally feel comfortable talking and being together. Unless he's a jerk, then just go home 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Firstly it's not bad. You're living life your way, but you're now choosing tobexpand your horizons. Nothing wrong with that. Start it off informal, coffee or a drink somewhere, dont plan on it being too long if first time you're meeting them. If it ends up being all day then great. Just get the conversation started, nothing to deep, intetests, music, films, work, family , friends. All manner if things to talk about.
    If all goes well, try to set a second date, dont leave it open ended.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really appreciate the honesty in this post. The most important part of a gals first date with any man doesn't matter if dated 0 or 100 different men, is to try enjoy the time and company of your date. Dont worry too much. Cos us guys are the ones being scanned and tested hahaha. If you want it to go well though, try treating him like a new friend you really want to know better.
    Or you could just wear a revealing dress. Not recommended if you want it to last xD
    Good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • Present the best version of yourself and be willing to accept the outcome whatever that may be. Understand that it's very likely you and this person are not meant to be together and won't get along in the long term. Don't put so much pressure on it, it's just a date, it probably won't mean anything.

good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself. Remember that you got his attention by being yourself. You should take the time to find out about him. You're both in the discovery phase.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't go in expecting an outcome. You probably won't be an expert with the flirting so just focus on enjoying the date rather than trying to impress and attract them. You'll have many opportunities to get better so just go on lots of dates until you desensitise yourself to the nerves of meeting someone new.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont overthink it. I know its easier to say then to do. But there is really no need to be nervous. As soon as you have done it once you Will get more comfortable and everything will go easier. Just stay yourself bcs your date is interested in you for a reason

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about getting to know him. Don't worry if he's going to like you. If he asked you out then he likes you already.

First dates are the time to see if you and the other person are compatible, not if the other person will like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it usually nerve racking too so I'm never sure what to say but the girl talk about skyrim, or maybe like to draw or movies so I guess just chat about stuff u like bc I'm sure the other people is nerve too

0|0
    0|0
  • Just relax. If you drink have one or two to calm your nerves. Don’t think about it too much and expect awkward moments.

1|0
    0|0
  • Managing expectations is the key. Meet for coffee or lunch. This implies low expectations. Be prepared to go dutch, and pay your way, but let him if he offers. Don't order the most expensive thing on the menu. And just try to be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you’re a man, don’t do it, if you have to go somewhere free only a bitch or cuck pays for a woman that ain’t his

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to uncounsciocly convice him that you have interesting life. Seem happy and try not to let him know that you are desperate for relationship. Sorry if my comment seems harsh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to a quiet public place. Try not to be nervous - yeah, like that will happen. Talk about things you have in common.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would say... change your mind and stay home or go to play dota in a gaming lounge... at least dota have benefits... unlike a girl lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Know where you might like to go if he asks. Dont let him get too "handsy", holding hands is fine, arms around the waist is okay. Enjoy your date, have a list of conversation starters (things you like, or things you want his opinion on) to see if you two think alike. If you go to dinner, order more than a glass of water and a side salad, but don't order a $50 entree either. Let him pay, if you are not into that, then go dutch. Don't just Netflix and chill. Do get out and have fun. And going to the local pub is not really a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be your normal self if you are looking for something serious and please keep your pussy to yourself at least for the first night

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be too nice and humble just be yourself and don't shy lol

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• just be yourself. He saw something in your regular behavior and look that attracted him to you, dont change that. Put thought and effort into your appearance but wear something you feel comfortable and confident in. and relax. you aren't making a life decision you're just going out to get to know someone better who already decided he liked you enough to know you better. Good luck <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't judge to quickly
    Give him a chance
    Don't cheat
    Always be honest
    LOVE him for who he is and not just his body
    Sit there and listen
    Talk when it is your turn

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont try to inpress her. Be who you are. She/ He will definitely love it. Be real dont be fake.. and it will go on smooth and cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself!! Don’t over think it and be a gentleman!! Good luck!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be nerves it will read all over, stay calm & be your self.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one deserve to be cheated on you can confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating husband phone without finding out... it really helped me during my divorce... you can contact {hacksecrete@gmail. c o m} call or text him on +1(617) 402-2260 for spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more, viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messenger, calls log and spy call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages, his services are cheap and affordable.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes