What advice can you give someone who never been on a date before that is about to go on one?

By someone I mean me. I’ve never been on a date and don’t know what to expect so I tend to turn guys down. Bad, I know. I want to give dating a shot but it’s nerve racking to me.

Any tips?
No worries about cheating. I hate cheating. I would never do it.

725

Most Helpful Guys

• Well first date is like first impression, so light talks to keep both of you relaxed, also no questions about the past, find something that you have common for example video games or some sport that you both like ( but watchout) if it soccer dont you even think about to mention Ronaldos abs, or in basketball dont try to mention LeBrons shoulders just talk about sport and skills that players have, dont mention physical look at all. Or if you have art as common interest, type of music, movies etc. Main point is that date have to go fluid, relaxed, to enjoy it. After pleasant talk or maybe kisses you would for sure want to go on second date. Just relax and enjoy the time. I hope and wish that your first date go nice and pleasureable, after that you won't have to ask questions for second date, nature is take care of that milleniums ago, imagine how we dated before internet, there was nobody to talk about it so you must have a guts go like its end of the world but after 10 min of talk you realize that its actually not that hard, because nature takes care of that. Offcourse there is allways little anxiety but thats normal, every time I approach a girl ir go on a first date I am little nervous just like any human being. ONCE AGAIN RELAX, DEEP BREATH AND ENJOY

• First, try to relax. It's not really that hard. Mostly all you have to do is be you. If you have to act special for him to like you, then you don't belong together anyway. So just be you and that will come across better than if you try to act like someone you're not.

It is good to be sure you pay attention to him and listen to things he's saying. Also, talk. If he asks you something, don't just give him a one or two word answer. At least give him a few sentences. It's really hard to have a conversation with someone that only gives really short answers. He might be just as nervous as you so help him out by carrying part of the conversation.

Ask him some things too. Nothing too personal, but basic things like where he grew up, does he have any siblings, what kind of work he does, and what he likes to do in his free time are good. He might ask you similar things. That's a good way to start learning more about each other. For the things he really seems interested in, ask him to explain more about them (even if you don't really care that much). People usually feel good when talking about things that are important to them, so if you show interest he'll probably like that.

You can offer to pay for yourself, but if he wants to pay let him. Don't feel like that obligates you to anything though (other than talking). At the end of the date, you can decide if you feel comfortable with a quick goodnight kiss, but you don't (and in my opinion shouldn't) do anything more than that. If you enjoyed being with him, let him know that so he'll know you might be interested in another date.

Good luck! I hope it goes well.

• So when is this date? Will you let us know how it goes?

• I’m hoping with the guy I’ve been crushing on for a long time. No solid plans for anything yet though. I already made my move and he turned me down that day because he had to work so I’m letting him call the shots now.

• Good for you making the first move. Hopefully he'll contact you soon to arrange something. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well yes it awkward especially if youve never spent any time with this person but you should expect having fun freindly conversation its your first chance to learn about this person but truth is the only awkward part should be the very beginning once you get talking about the things you care about and see them wanting to listen and learn more about you you'll loosen up and have fun