What do you guys think of online dating?

Personally I don't really do it; I'd rather go out and meet people. What do you guys think?
  • Good
  • Bad
  • Other (add opinion)
    Vote C

82111

Most Helpful Girls

• It's not for me, I prefer to meet people in person. Anybody can be anyone or anything online and you never really know who you are talking to, plus people can be hard to read online and your perception of them can be completely different than who they are. It just seems like it would be a waste of time for me.

• To be honest, I've considered it. I made a Tinder last December (mostly to meet guys on my campus, though, since no one ever went out and met people anyway) and considered looking into eHarmony/Match. com and things like that after college. That said, I've since decided against it. For one, I'm shy in real life, and somehow that social anxiety gets amplified online (riddle me that, b/c I haven't a clue how that works). I feel weird texting people online, since it doesn't feel real. I don't know the person, I can't relate to and get a feel for them--it's almost like a game, which is extremely weird, and I don't like it. At least when you're in person, you can gauge a person's body language, their initial reaction when you first meet them, whether what they're telling you is total BS or sincere based on something as simple as their gaze. People can disagree with me on this, but nothing beats meeting someone in person, especially in this age of online addiction and instant gratification.

• I totally agree , once in person , face to face , it's easier to gauge a person's mind set and "Reality"

Most Helpful Guys

• It's just a hookup mechanism. One person may not see if that way but the other probably does. Then there are the catfish, the conmen, then mentally ill and the bots. Really it's like walking through a minefield under a flock of shitting pigeons while wearing sandpaper underwear.

• I've commented on this a lot. Seems to be a very repeated question.

Lets first state that not all dating sites are equal. So it's like asking what do you think of vehicles (and not defining brand / type)

Meeting people in real life works well for some people, especially if your interests are mainstream and you are looking for another person who shares that. This immediately stops working if your interest is something you don't meet up to do.
    Lets say you like to drink and want someone who does, great go flirt at a club or bar. However if you don't drink and instead do some indoor activity it can be a lot harder.

Online dating has a truly massive range. There are sites like Anastasia where 9 hot white Russian/ Ukrainian women want you, it looks massively expensive and I doubt the women exist. Then there sites like DIA where it is free and the women pursue men aggresively and are very real.
    There is also sites like POF where it is a meat market, if you look ok, post full body pics shirtless with six pack you do well. There is a cost but it is reasonable.
    Or there are sites geared for quality matches like Eharmony, though I find it expensive and far to few matches.
    There are also sex specific sites like adult friend finder.
    Then there is the weird like Seeking Arrangements, where you can find a sugar daddy/ sugar momma or the reverse. Probably works if it is your thing.

I personally found OKC to be the best cheap/free, good legit matches.

Why I prefer online dating. First despite human intellect we don't wear anything obvious to indicate availability. Other than a wedding ring, I don't know if she has a bf/gf, is asexual, isn't looking, is, or what. I also don't know what interests she likes.

Online dating allows me to find many people from my area who have similar interests, who I know are both single and looking. I can also usually determine if they are looking for the same type of relationship. (FWB, short term, long, marriage, etc)