Do a lot of people hook up first before they date?

1524

Most Helpful Guys

• Nowadays people seem to have sex first then decide if they want to continue seeing each other, pretty much the opposite of how it's supposed to work.

• So you’ve heard of this before. He said he wants to hook up first then whatever happens afterward happens. Kind of like what you’ve said.

• But is that how it’s done these days

• So what? You just gonna do something because everyone else is doing it? Be an independent person and do things for you and with your own mind, not because of others.

• Ask yourself, say "self, what kinda girl do you want to be?" If you want to be an old fashioned kinda girl, don't bother with him. If you want to be a have sex and see if there's a connection kinda girl, fuck him. If you're not sure, you don't know until you try, right? Just be honest with yourself, and him.

• He said he wants to hook up them decide from there.

• Like an insecurity piece

• I don't think that's what he plans to do, but it seems he thinks it could end that way, or at least that's what you could end up thinking. Some girl probably broke his heart in the past, and he has trust issues, and the only way to protect yourself is just not get too close. He's at least being honest enough to let you know it's mostly sex he wants for now, and doesn't really know how to trust someone in a relationship, and well, most self respecting girls don't take kindly to a guy just wanting sex! Lol and you're giving him a chance it seems he doesn't want to ruin by telling you that. Pure speculation of course, but I think he will tell you when he feels comfortable enough to tell you.

Most Helpful Girls

• Well that is what most people do now. I won't judge them but from what I have seen, the ending won't be as good.

• I asked the guy I am talking to are you looking to hook up first then go from there. He said yes. Hook up first. Romantic second after that.

• He said he’s afraid I can’t handle his issues and he doesn’t know what to do

• He don't even want to get to know you, leave alone you handling his issue. Lame excuse given by him.

• Yes and no.
    Yes, if he's interested in more than just a vagina. And you will know if all he wants is sex. He'll be curious about YOU, your thoughts, ideas, hobbies... whatever.
    If all he wants is a hookup, and more hook ups, well... everything will be pretty sexually based.
    Decide what you want, go for what you want. And listen to what he says about what he wants.
    One step at a time is a fine philosophy. Just pay attention while you're going along and getting to know him. Know what you're willing to accept for yourself.
    Remember, you can't change a person.

• I asked if he wanted to hook up and take things one step at a time and he said yes. Basically I asked him do you want to hook up first and whatever happens happens.

• He said his biggest fear is being afraid he’ll hurt and use me