Do a lot of people hook up first before they date?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nowadays people seem to have sex first then decide if they want to continue seeing each other, pretty much the opposite of how it's supposed to work.

1|0
    0|0
    • So you’ve heard of this before. He said he wants to hook up first then whatever happens afterward happens. Kind of like what you’ve said.

• Show All
    • But is that how it’s done these days

• So what? You just gonna do something because everyone else is doing it? Be an independent person and do things for you and with your own mind, not because of others.

• Ask yourself, say "self, what kinda girl do you want to be?" If you want to be an old fashioned kinda girl, don't bother with him. If you want to be a have sex and see if there's a connection kinda girl, fuck him. If you're not sure, you don't know until you try, right? Just be honest with yourself, and him.

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he wants to hook up them decide from there.

• Show All
    • Like an insecurity piece

• I don't think that's what he plans to do, but it seems he thinks it could end that way, or at least that's what you could end up thinking. Some girl probably broke his heart in the past, and he has trust issues, and the only way to protect yourself is just not get too close. He's at least being honest enough to let you know it's mostly sex he wants for now, and doesn't really know how to trust someone in a relationship, and well, most self respecting girls don't take kindly to a guy just wanting sex! Lol and you're giving him a chance it seems he doesn't want to ruin by telling you that. Pure speculation of course, but I think he will tell you when he feels comfortable enough to tell you.

Most Helpful Girls

• Well that is what most people do now. I won't judge them but from what I have seen, the ending won't be as good.

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked the guy I am talking to are you looking to hook up first then go from there. He said yes. Hook up first. Romantic second after that.

• Show All
    • He said he’s afraid I can’t handle his issues and he doesn’t know what to do

• He don't even want to get to know you, leave alone you handling his issue. Lame excuse given by him.

• Yes and no.
    Yes, if he's interested in more than just a vagina. And you will know if all he wants is sex. He'll be curious about YOU, your thoughts, ideas, hobbies... whatever.
    If all he wants is a hookup, and more hook ups, well... everything will be pretty sexually based.
    Decide what you want, go for what you want. And listen to what he says about what he wants.
    One step at a time is a fine philosophy. Just pay attention while you're going along and getting to know him. Know what you're willing to accept for yourself.
    Remember, you can't change a person.

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked if he wanted to hook up and take things one step at a time and he said yes. Basically I asked him do you want to hook up first and whatever happens happens.

• He said his biggest fear is being afraid he’ll hurt and use me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Certain people not just hook up first but they hook up only. Depends if you want relationship or just pleasure. Pleasure seekers have it written on their foreheads just watch the signs & you can hook hundreads of them ❤️

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends how you'd met , randomly at a bar and after a few went back to his ok that's normal , tbh it's how most of my relationships start but if he's texting you to hook up then date... sorry he's just wanting to nut.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe i'm old school, but it's done at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The positive part is that he is telling you the truth so you have a choice. So decide! He is not the last man on earth.

0|1
    0|0
  • This guy wants to do things backwards so that he can ghost you whenever he feels like it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just depends in general. After reading that's her afraid of using you. You should be afraid of that thats not him being a deep thinker.

0|0
    0|0
  • So... he wants to have sex first to see whether he wants to date you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Hookups usually stay at that and develop into FWB/FuckBuddy relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rather not prefer that! Because you don't know how the person will take that! l, after the sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he wants to hookup first

• Show All
    • Exactly, he wants to hook up first and then date. I don't know how is he thinking about it. Now it's your call!!

• It's just about you! Whether or not to hook up first and then go on a date. It's totally your decision.

• They can but it's not promising nothing butt a nut?

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he wants to hook up first. Then see what happens. I said what happens after sex he said who knows.

• Show All
    • Ok I’ll do that thanks. I’m lmw123

• That’s how me and my girlfriend started.

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he wants to hook up and take things from there. One day at a time.

• Hook up first-whatever happens afterward.

• Well my girlfriend and I both agree that it’s not the right way to do things, but it is how we met. I would guess that this guy is just trying get at your pussy and not have to commit. Show some self respect and tell him you want more if that’s what you want.

• No they date before they hook up in literal terms

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't, but to each their own

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I often never make it to the date part

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope not.
    Hope springs eternal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where I'm from people just hookup

0|0
    0|1
  • Hoes need it scumbags love it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they a lot

0|0
    0|0
    • He keeps saying I want to hook up first. Well decided afterwards. I’m like what happens after we have sex. He’s like who knows. Then I asked are you looking to hook up first then decide whatever happens. He said yes.

• Ride he's dick really good go wild ok seriously

• Not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person

0|0
    0|0
    • He said he wants to hook first and then wherever it goes after that we’ll decide

• Show All
    • I think I’m just going to take his word at it and she what happens. We’ll probably have a talk after sex.

• Sex is good haha go for it

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I never personally did, most guys won't see a girl who gives it up as girlfriend material.

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly feel like if I guy tells you this is just another way to get into your pants. Because if I guy really liked you he would date you first then have sex with you later

1|1
    0|0
  • If ur looking for sex nothing serious then yes hookup

0|0
    0|2
  • I’ve never “hook up” with someone I’m not dating but it depends on the people

0|1
    0|0
  • What would be the point to date you if he already had sex 😂 He's tricking you into something not serious I think...

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked him what happens after we have sex. He said who knows. Then I asked are you looking to hook up first. He said yes.

• Some do some don't

0|1
    0|0
    • Does it honestly depend on the couple

• Show All
    • Or would think to say it

• He is already hurting you if you put you two under pressure

• I dont think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It seems that way.

0|0
    0|0
    • I asked him are you looking to hook up first and whatever happens happens he said yes.

• Ew I would hope not

0|0
    0|0
  • I did 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
    • Then he said his biggest fear is using me and hurting me

• I don't

0|0