Would you date an Atheist?

I'm an Atheist. I've been an Atheist for about a year now. I'm wondering, would you date an Atheist? This question is for Men and Women.
  • Sure
  • No

3761

Most Helpful Girls

• No. It creates so many problems it’s unbelievable. So just no. I wouldn’t even go there no offence. In the bible it says in 2 Corinthians was 6:14-16 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” 18 And, “I will be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”

• And that's why I wouldn't date a religious person ^^

• Exactly and that’s fine. I just don’t see how and atheist and religious person could work together. There’s always fights about it, daily choices are more tough, you can’t bring your children up in a home you want and so on. Honestly at least I’m forward about it instead of wasting my time or someone else’s time by dating them and then in the relationship we argue like crazy. I’d rather that person find someone that believes the same things as him and for him to be in a happy relationship and the same goes for me.

• I still respect people’s choice if they want to be atheist or believe another religion as everyone has a choice and o respect that. I just wouldn’t want to put myself in a position where I date someone who hates what I love most. I want to date someone I can grow with and grow closer to my God with. Why is that such a bad thing?

• Sure. I'm Christian myself and my recent ex and current boyfriend are Athiest. I don't have a problem with them not believing in God, shit happens and you lose faith. Or you just never believed in all that to begin with, which is also fine. As long as you're not an asshole about it. I respect both of them and would not tell them to believe, whereas they respect me and would not tell me that I shouldn't believe. They were both willing to let me teach the kids about God and take them to Sunday school and all.

Most Helpful Guys

• Atheist have no morals and usually they fall for leftist propaganda just like they did with evilution, which has no evidence. Atheism is just another religion but worse bc it leads to the destruction of the family and country, usually ending with socialism or communism.

• Lots of Christians try to convert atheists or think less of them. Many kids are forced into by their parents. And what cultural shift ar eyou referring to? Any law change is often from other religious groups wanting equal representation and the government not to side with one religion or another. Christian's call atheists non moral yet quite a bit of Christian's hate gay people in one way or another. Just because more people believe in something doesn't make it true. More people believe the world was flat at one point and they were wrong. Churches still pocket lots of money through donations and they prey on the weak preventing them from seeking professional help. + you are right priests provide lots of comfort to little kids, if you know what I mean