Do you think it would be inappropriate to ask a child if their parent is single?

Do you think it would be inappropriate to ask a child if their parent is single? You can elaborate on your answer if you like.
  • It's inappropriate
  • It's acceptable

31

Most Helpful Girl

• These questions that are personal should be asked directly the person, cause they have the right to answer or not. Asking a child is weird and dishonest.

• Agreed. But what if the opportunity to ask the parent isn't permitted or possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most children whose parents are divorced usually don’t want to think about their parents dating other people. By the way if their parents have been divorced for more than 10 years they have probably got used to their parents dating other people. I would suggest not asking the child but asking his/her mother instead because asking this question to a child would be seen negatively.