Do guys appreciate the sweet gestures girls do for them?

For instance, I send the guy I’m talking to good morning msgs, pics, drawings or videos. I spend a decent amount of time on my phone using emojis and whatever drawing the cutest good morning picture to send to him. I put flowers and clouds and shit and sometimes I write his name with the clouds, or rain if it’s a rainy day lol... or with stars if it’s a good night picture. I have contemplated whether I should stop or not and I kept doing it because, one I told him to tell me if it gets annoying and he said that he didn’t mind them.. and second because it’s who i am, I rather be who i am and if he doesn’t like it then it’s ok.

Anyways, I also try to switch it sometimes so I’ll send him videos of me in bed saying good morning or good night to him and I make them cute. I’m latina and he likes when I speak Spanish so I send him videos of me saying it in Spanish sometimes.

So I do this and I consider it a cute gesture, do guys even appreciate these things? I know girls go on about how they love when guys are attentive and detailed but I’ve been wondering if guys like these types of things also. So do you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What 'sweet gestures' are you talking about? No girl does this for anyone, except for herself; like you, who does these things not for him, bit just cause "it’s who i am, I rather be who i am and if he doesn’t like it then it’s ok". Are any of these cute, sweet gestures? NO. They're just something you do purely for yourself, with no-one else in mind, because you're obsessed with "being a cute girl". You're plastic, fake as the Kardashians' boobs. So pray tell, what is there to appreciate about what you do?

0|0
    1|0
    • No no no. Because I want to do it for him. If I didn’t want to do it for him I wouldn’t waste the time personalizing it for him by writing his name and adding things about him. I’m saying that it’s a gesture that I did one day because I thought of doing so and him telling me he doesn’t like it doesn’t change that that’s how I would like to treat him... so if he doesn’t like the love I have for him then he shouldn’t be with me

• Show All
    • @Truthatanycost exactly, but my last relationship was different. I was in a relationship for 10 years and he was lovey and whatever and I wasn’t. He didn’t bring out those feelings in me. As much as I tried, i liked his affection but I just didn’t feel that same lovey mush with him and I thought it was normal. At the end we broke up and now I’m seeing that it’s not that I wasn’t mushy, it’s that I didn’t want to or it was hard for me to be with him! So love language says a lot because you can be content with a person but Im not spending 10 more years with someone who is not compatible with me.

• Yep, it comes down to how incompatible, or compatible you both are. If it's a slight mismatch, then it might not be so bad. I think it will take a bit more to figure that out though. Then you also need to factor in the honeymoon period which only exists due to most of our limitations in how we connect with others, but it's so common that it needs to be factored in to the equation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure you give him time to do the same

0|0
    0|0
    • He does, he’s very forgetful and his days start extra early so I don’t think he would send me one because last time he did, he asked why i was awake at 4 am and I said that he woke me up... I don’t think he would be sending me due to how early he wakes up. But he does send them

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Wow. he is one lucky guy and I HOPE he is mature enough to underatand that your putting a lot of emotions in to what your doing for him. I understand it cause I have been down that road and screwed up. if I ever find someone again who cared for me so much to take the time out to make things like that I woukd not let her go..

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I had some one like you in my life... I always enjoyed those things from my last girlfriends. My X got annoyed at me for saying I love you too much. I felt like I never said it enough to my late wife. So I vowed to make it a point every day to tell her how much she meant to me. If this is who you are and you are not hurting any one by all means keep doing what makes you happy. Hope you have a good one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I appreciate effort in general. I don't see anything wrong with any of the things you described above, maybe the quantity (I don't know how much or how often you do them, and that will vary guy to guy anyway).

Some guys appreciate that stuff, some don't. It's hard to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys do, it all depends on what kinds of affection they appreciate most, be it words, actions, time together, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I do, I actually keep all of my kids drawings that they do for me. I guess it's the same with a s. o

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Those gestures are nice

0|0
    0|0
  • well l do

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure some guys may well appreciate that. But for me... I can't even put into words how annoying everything you just mentioned would be...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes