Why are you single right now?

Updates:
Didn’t think this question would blow up... interesting views☺️

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• My friends ask me that question a lot so I have a bit opinion about it. It is strange that the time we can actually seek a relationship is also time when you make something out of your life. I wish to grow more as an individual and it so happens as I see that people in relationships do grow but sometimes with sacrifices and their growth also leads for them to grow apart from each other. I think when you know for fact that something is certain to happen then it boils down to what you want in life.

Seek for happiness. I had my losses and know what it feels like to be heartbroken. I still deal with that but I keep my mind to things which I want in life. At some point, I will find someone but by then I believe I will be at much better position, much more worthy for her and give my better self to that person.

1|0
    0|0
    • Aw I love this... Very wise! But I’ve definitely seen the growing up and apart a lot happen with people I know. I want a relationship but I don’t at the same time right now. So I’m just going to focus on myself right now

• Because of social anxiety that was fairly bad many years ago that prevented me from approaching girls and asking ones out that I shoud have. As a result, have only been with a few girls. But unfortunatley have the desire to be with more girls, because of what I felt I left on the table, especially considering, I've always felt I'm an attractive guy and very funny and charming. But I didn't take the chances so that didn't mean much. So as a result, it's been hard wanting to get in a relationship and just wanting casual or non commital relations with women, becaue I do want a serious relationship. But it's made me really desire to sow my oats, because I didn't in the past. And like don't want to turn the page until I do so. But this sucks, because I would end up meeting a great girl and not be in a relationship and then regret that. But I need to fix this because even if I met a great girl, this will still be there and I think would ruin a relationship I'm in.

Not because I would cheat but it would be on my mind. I want this all behind me, so I feel it's best I do so, and which I have been meeting some girls, though not ready to give up single life just yet. But it sucks because girls are kind of my redemption even though I'm not lying to any of them. I kind of am still using them becaude of the reasons I'm wanting to have casual sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t know how old you are but even at my age I’m not interested in hookups unless I really really want to but I prefer committed relationships. I’m focusing on myself right now though. You need to figure out what you want since your getting older most girls definitely in their 30s are looking to settle down... unless you’ll be figuring it out later in life wondering what happened

• Show All
    • thank you and exactly. It's something where I just want to get out of my system and have some fun memories. But not like someone where I just want that or too long. Some guys just never want to committ, that wouldn't be me. If a do what I hope, it could be sooner than later that I'd want a relationship, because I do have a strong affectionate, romantic feelings. So I do love the affection, love and compassion with a relationship. I've been in one before. I enjoy both sides and see pros and cons for both. Though I need to have some fun first because the special woman I meet deserves a guy that's not sure about what he wants and deserves a guy that's fully committed. I know I would be fully committed if I get it out of my system, becauseI do have the emotions that suggest I would love being in a relationship when ready.

• yeah it is a little late, trust me I have regrets about it, but also why I need to do something about it. I also look younger too, I don't know if that helps. Everybody is often surprised when I say I'm 32. It's not a big different but often thought that I'm between 26-29 years old. I've aged well apparently and my build and such is the same as when I was 25

Most Helpful Girls

• Because I’ve been hurt, lied to and cheated on so much that I’ve lost the ability to trust someone new or the wish to find one, as at the end of the day they will leave me with another scar, and only bring more pain after some temporary happiness. I’m just damaged

0|1
    0|1
    • You aren’t damaged... you’re worthy of love you just haven’t met the right one yet which you have plenty of time. Your going to go through a lot that’s the way life goes but it makes you stronger and a little easier to start picking out the good and not so good guys. Take care💕

• Show All
    • Like everything it takes time. Don't worry. You find someone time permitting.

• Thanks for MHO!

• I hate to be that person but honestly cos i dont wanna. I feel too young to get into a proper committed relationship where i can't just walk out when i want to cos feeeeeelings exists. and its so much work i dont want more stuff on my plate.

1|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 193

• Because I have only known my girlfriend for 6 months and I will wait until I have known her for at least 2 years before I consider marriage.

2|0
    0|1
  • I'd say being overweight, being poor, have little to no friends and still living with my mom at 25 factor into it.
    But admittedly, as much as I hate to say it, it's ultimately because I'm depressed and I don't love myself enough.
    I used to have it all in college: freedom, friends (not a million "friends" but rather a group I was very close to), motivation to better myself (especially my weight), and ultimately happiness. That was the only time in my life I was ever in a relationship. But then graduation came and bit me in the a**. I didn't even pretend to be happy that day as I knew my life was going back to sh*t.
    My close friends from college are now distant, I realized I disliked most of my friends from home so I have no friends to go out with, my relationship became long-distance, I gained back a bunch of my lost weight, I struggled for two years to find work in my field, I fell behind in debt, and my grandfather passed away. Then my girlfriend broke up with me. I continued to struggle to find work and motivation to exercise because I got really miserable, and then my other grandfather passed away.
    It's now been two years after graduation and I still feel distant from people at home, including most of my family. But I finally got a decent job in my field a few months ago so, though the idea of moving out is still far from my reach, I'm definitely working toward it, now that I'm all caught up on my debt. In this month I got back on my almost daily exercise routine and am finding myself waking up early to do so often before work.
    So even though I'm still unhappy with myself, I am working to change that again, slowly but surely.

0|0
    0|1
    • So, what you're saying is, you have very low self-esteem, right?

• Show All
    • Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I'm just sick of waiting and I feel like my entire life is waiting! And for what? For a good thing to come and go by the snap of a finger and then many more years of waiting?
      Also I'm sorry it took me five days to respond.

• And lately every time I get a paycheck, I also get some large surprise expense that costs me most of it. So my efforts to save really get hindered. I'm even behind on getting my car to the shop because I recently had to renew my registration and pay my monthly student loan fee.

• Choice first because feminism has ruined most if not all western women. Along with metoo and all laws are against men in dating and marriage. Also there is no benefit to dating or a relationship for a man bc most women open their legs to anyone it’s not like you’re getting anything exclusive or special she didn’t give to a hundred men prior to you. All you get as a man in a relationship is a headache and the depletion of your bank account. Maybe a std.

0|1
    3|1
    • When I see post like this I wonder to myself why this would hold You back? I’m apparently a part of the metoo movement before it even started. Wow is all I have to say you keep that energy up then maybe it’s best you work on yourself before bashing All women who do not fit what you just said and can bring things to the table. Best of luck to you sir.

• Mostly because I am too loving and romantic, I try too hard to be supportive and the women I have been with abused that

2|0
    0|1
    • That’s perfect... ugh I hate when women take advantage of such good guys!

• Show All
    • I don’t think so he has a lot of pain unfortunately and lost both his parents in a car accident and I feel like he seeks out love regardless if they really care but I’m hoping!

• Hopefully one day he can find that special person that will

• I am single, because I gave up on dating, because people just kept messing around.

2|0
    0|0
    • Ignore my comment, I was in bad mood at the time. The real reason I am single, is cause I am a coward who has never really tried with girls.

• You should try there’s no harm in it!

• Yes will do, thanks for the encouragment.

• I've got a certain woman in mind that I want to be with and I don't wanna settle for anything less because I'd feel like I'd be cheating myself, which wouldn't be fair to either of us. Sadly, I have yet to come across the type of woman I'm interested in. Sometimes I'll see them in passing but I'm usually too flustered to do anything because we all know how women feel about being approached by random guys they've never met.

1|0
    0|1
    • Well next time you need to shoot your shot when you feel she matches what you want! Tread lightly though.

• I don't know how to tread lightly. I don't know what that would look like. I either tread or I don't tread at all

• I have been single for about three years now. I dated some girls here and there, but nothing serious or for more than a month or two. A big part of the reason is because I had to break up with my last big ex only because of moving countries, and she was by far my favorite girlfriend so far in life. I think because of that, I end up comparing every girl to her and no one has come even close to matching the simply natural relationship we had. I never felt like I had to try with her, everything just made sense right from our first date. We even still keep in touch via these crazy long letters... but alas that can not be so I have to figure something out.

More directly to your question, I haven't even been on a date in the last 6-8 months. which is due to thee things. One is that I moved to a whole new city where I know one person, but she travels a ton for work and lives with her boyfriend- he's really cool but they don't go out much- thus I don't have much of a social network to use to meet people. All of my colleagues at work are older with kids and married/ divorced so no hope there. The second is because I just grew tired and frustrating going on all these dates and never feeling that same spark with anyone. The third is pure laziness... My new job keeps me pretty busy, I work some on most weekends too, so it can be hard to have the energy or motivation to try and meet people when all I want is a moment to myself to relax.

And there's my life story for ya!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I don't want to lose my career, money, or risk going to jail at no fault of my own.

0|1
    1|0
  • Having a break from relationships after my divorce. They just don't seem worth the the time or the effort.

1|0
    0|1
    • A lot of people are saying divorce😢 but that seems very reasonable!

• Divorce changes men. It doesn't seem to have the same effect on women.

• My parents got divorced when I was younger my mom seemed to struggle the most emotionally it’s different for everyone

• Because I am fearful of the result. It's that questioning of myself of whether I'm good enough, what their initial reaction to me will be, are they going to accept or downright say no. I don't know if I'm attractive or not, I've heard yes and no, so I have that lack of confidence and have the fear to go along with it. Dont get me wrong, I can initiate a conversation, but when it comes to asking the girl out, I freeze, then think of a way out of the conversation

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a widower and have become so set in my ways that it would take a perfect woman to deal with me. If a perfect women does exist, why the Hell would she want an aging widower?

1|1
    0|0
  • Im not for the first time in 18 years so bad timing, but I always was single because I never cared enough about people to get emotionally invested I think. I have a really hard time finding people I truly find interesting, boys or girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because I smell of dead fish and my interests are stamp collecting, licking peoples' windows and collecting My Little Ponies.

0|0
    1|0
  • Because I'm "cursed" to be alone. I can't find at least one girl to give me a chance to take her on a date. But sometimes... i take a chance to think about it if I'm ready to be in a relationship?🤔 #IDK

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.
    Enoying the time, but would like to find someone to share my life with.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a lot of work to do on myself. I have a lot of baggage. I don't think I should be with anyone either, so there's that too. Also, I don't have anyone I want to be with. My standards are too high for my own good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm completely oblivious to everything happening around me so I'd never know if anyone likes me.

Furthermore I'm quite introverted and tend to prefer not to talk to people I don't know.

I'm also not aware of anyone irl finding me somewhat attractive so that also doesn't help

0|0
    0|0
  • I got into a car accident and she didn't want to deal with someone that's disabled

1|1
    0|0
  • After my divorce, I'm laying low from relationships for a while.

0|1
    0|1
  • Because I'm fat, ugly, dumb and no one likes me. That's why...

0|1
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 65

• Because I'm thirteen and I don't plan to start dating until I'm at least sixteen and I don't want to get my heart broken by a little boy who doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground that "loved" me and who breaks up with me after fifteen seconds of us "dating". I might wait till I'm twenty though 😃

1|3
    0|0
  • These are some the reasons why I'm single:

- I don't go out much
    - I have no male friends
    - I have low self-esteem
    - I don't know how to talk to guys
    - I'm average looking
    - I'm shy
    - I'm attracted to white guys and I'm a black girl
    - I live in a racist country
    - I'm not interested in dating guys from the country where I live

0|1
    0|0
    • Where are you from?

• Show All
    • @Joel07 O racismo não tem nada a ver com a nacionalidade. E eu não te julguei pela tua cor de pele.
      Mas sabes que mais? É melhor pararmos com esta discussão, porque não vamos chegar a lado nenhum. Além disso tu nunca me vais entender.
      Mantém a tua opinião e vou manter a minha (com as minhas experiências).

• A discriminação com base na nacionalidade tem o nome de xenofobia. E eu não posso ser xenófoba uma vez que sou estrangeira em Portugal.

• I'm a workaholic.

Long hours, come home late in the evenings, then weekends I catch up on sleep and sort out things i wasn't able to during the week.
    So I barely have the time to go out... not good from a social aspect, I suppose.

1|1
    0|1
    • I am too but I try to do self care for my profession I have to. Some weeks I can’t definitely empathize!

• I do take breaks every now and again too but i guess the focus is else where... another point is finding someone that won't waste my time. Not into playing games..

• Long story short not only have I had bad experience with guys but I also haven’t met a guy that wants something long term or that wants love. In the area I live in, most guys just want sex and that’s all.
    So I’ll rather stay single, work more on myself and whenever someone that seems worth trying for comes along then I’ll see where that takes me.

1|2
    0|0
    • how long have you been single for?

• Show All
    • Wow. Well you're young, and doesn't count since I'm a dude. So while I know how guys are generally more visual and sex driven than women. But even if I strictly wanted a relationship, yes guys can want only or mainly a relationship too. I'd hold off from sex or women if they don't seem like they'd be a good girlfriend or don't want a relationship. But that hold off could only go on for so long even if really don't want casual sex, because being abstinent could be like torture which one is doing if they only want a relationship but meeting people of the opposite sex. But not having sex, not because said people don't want it with them, but because they aren't a match for something serious or said people just want something casual. I wonder for many girls, if they want relationships and mainly do, if they give in sometimes because so much time goes by. I know there's masturbation and women have toys that do such tricks well and a lot of guys dont' know what they are doing it seems

• But still, doesn't seem to beat sex and a being intimate with a sexy person and sexy body...

• Recently got out of a relationship.
    Just taking some time to myself.
    Will get back out there soon lol

2|2
    0|0
  • Because fuck dating, a lot of work and a lot of money for some cunt and it doesn't work out in the end anyway.

0|2
    0|0
    • Aw I’m sorry you feel that way someone will come along that’s worth it... that’s what I’m trying to believe

• Being single is giving me lots of space in my mind... Freedom, freewill, happiness, no drama , less tension , more time for urself... currently m a happy single

1|1
    0|1
    • I hate when girls say "oooo single means freedom" ex was up my ass 24fucking7 and couldn't do anything by herself, but I'M the one creating the lack of freedom -.- really the only thing you're not free to do is fuck everybody

• Show All
    • Mhm... at least you understand where I'm coming from... imagine if that specific controlling ex told you he felt free after breaking it off. Would that not frustrate you? It's silly

• If I was really controlling and picked up on everything he did.. m sure he will feel free... But understand... Relationships should be supporting , understanding without holding them from anything.. unless it would hamper the relation...

• Because I was so young when I got into a serious relationship now I'm single I don't know how to date, the world of dating has changed a lot over the last decade.

0|2
    0|1
    • I have a few friends like that- dated a girl from the end of high school or beginning of college and they are completely lost now...

• I dated a guy for almost 4 years all throughout college (which I could have soooo met different people but nope) senior year I found out he cheated so I’ve been single for a year and I don’t think I’ll be changing that anytime soon unfortunately

• I guess lack of courage and subconciously low self-esteem. Also trust issues as all the men role models in my life have been total pricks.

2|2
    0|1
    • Try working on your self confidence more and loving yourself you can’t have a healthy relationship without treating yourself right. You’ll find someone ☺️

• Because I haven't found the right guy yet! I'm not attracted to that many guys to be honest so it's kind of hard finding someone. I'm never really attracted to guys my age so the guys in my day to day life at university don't interest me that way. It's a hard life x)

0|1
    0|0
  • Stopped dating. Been rejected when I approached guys and no ones approached me before. I'm happy and comfortable being single so it's somewhat choice and somewhat because of rejection.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because I don't play games, don't even think of inviting me to candy crush either.

0|1
    0|1
  • Because I can't have a stable relationship without breaking down at least once

1|0
    0|2
  • b/c i haven't truly connected with someone yet. & im inexperienced

0|1
    0|1
  • Because I broke up wth my ex six month ago and I don't want or feel the need to be in a new relationship right now.

1|1
    0|1
  • Men aren't attracted to me; I guess they all have their own and varied reasons.

0|2
    0|0
  • I guess Im single because Im busy being a single mom and meeting the right guy is difficult nowadays.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, as a single mom it will be. Many guys think that is a deal breaker.

• Unfortunately being a single mom it’s going to be a lot harder for you! But not impossible of course

• Because no one I might like likes me back, or they don't say.

0|1
    0|1
  • I’m not that proactive about letting people know i’m into them, and I broke up with someone who sucked.

1|1
    0|1
  • Everyone says my standarts are too high.. I think I could fall in love with everyone the only thing that‘s important to me is a good and respectful character and a put together look

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes