Pregnant with a mental illness, help?

My sister is 18. Our family is very respected and prestigious and rich. My younger sister has a mental illness that is not too visible. The problem is she is 18 and acts like she is 12. Some may believe she is jusy childish. But no, she is sick. And there is this guy who is 24 and he fathered a child with her. And now he wanna marry her. My parents are destroyed. Police can't do anythng cuz she is not THAT ill she can be diagnosticated with anything... she says she loves him and cries she wanna marry him. Im engaged and now she hates me and our parents for letting me to be happy and hurting her. She believes he loves her and her unborn baby but everyone knows he is seeing another women too. He did it for money... i guess

24

Most Helpful Guy

• She's 18, she can do as she likes, parents should say ok but we're cutting you off. That's it, gotta move out and don't expect any help. Also convince her that he needs to sign a prenup...

Most Helpful Girl

• How do you know this is a mental illness? She may just be childish. Just because someone acts differently than you do doesn't mean they are retarded. She is 18, a legal adult. Let her figure out her own life now instead of trying to control her. She will learn through her mistakes, but you have to let her make them first. I can see where she's coming from, but seeing as your "family is very respected and prestigious and rich" you're probably too self-centred to understand. 😁 Grow up, and let her find her own happiness, rather than telling her who she can and can't love.

• I am taking care of her. I have no life, i dont party i dont go out only a few times a month cuz she can't be left on her own because she is constantly doing stupid things. You think i would be asking this if she was just childish? She set our kitchen on fire cuz she was cold and then told the police it was an accident.

• Then send her to an asylum, or hire a caretaker. I'm sure you can afford it 😊