Is he mad at me or is there someone else?

Hi everyone. I've been dating a great guy the past few months. We dated in person, however, I'm away currently for university. he's been begging me to come home this month, however, it was last minute and I couldnt afford the flight home. On Friday, I text him and told him I'm going to New York by my Dad. I mentioned this before. However, he read my message and never responded. It's been 2 days.
Is he mad because I choose to go to NY although I told him a flight home is too expensive?
Or, could he be seeing someone else? So he is losing interest by not replying? He says he's been busy the past 2 weeks but he still reaches out. Just these two days he hasn't. Thanks.

11