Does dating contribute to good mental health?

Does dating contribute to good mental health?

for quite a while now I been noticing that both my counselor and psychiatrist have been asking me in every visit if i'm dating anyone at the moment. not sure what this is all about but I'm guessing they are perhaps asking this to see if my paranoia towards humanity or self esteem has improved in any way.

nevertheless no matter how good my mental health gets I still do not see any point in dating. to me dating is no different or perhaps just a water down hypocritical version of prostitution. you know all you're basically doing while dating is taking a woman out and feeding her with your own money just to hope that she either falls in love with you or at least have sex with you after you're done feeding her.

besides that I also think that just like marriage and relationships dating itself is very one sided because the girl is always the one that gets all the victory out of it. she gets fed her favorite food for free, she has sex and many other things that will benefit her in the long run. hell my past experiences are not helping me out either, not sure if its PTSD but I remember the girl who almost won the title as my first girlfriend was a total sociopath that scarred me. the second one who actually did become my first girlfriend was a drama queen who wasn't relationship material. since then I never met a woman who is actually relationship or even dating material at all.

till then again I really dont see any point in dating. I see so many negativity that revolves around dating nowadays that I dont I feel is just not worth the effort; whether i'm mentally healthy or not
  • yes, if you're dating it means you're mentally healthy and stable
    Vote A
  • No, it doesn't reflect your mental health in any way, shape or form.
    Vote B
  • other (please ellaborate)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• In itself dating doesn't. It may even result in depression if there is a bad breakup.

But if there is commitment and love, and perhaps sex, mental health will improve.

This is because when a person is in love or particularly have sex, the brain secretes love hormones which are natural pain killers and make a person feel good.

Hence when the person is happier (chemically but without drug), mental health is improved.

PS: if sex is involved, the person sleeps better which is also a big contribution to improving mental health.

0|0
    0|0
    • bro breakup is the last thing that will give me depression in the world of dating. I can write a book on far more worst stuff that can come out of it.

but yea I agree with the sex part, is too bad no woman in today's society are anything near like Jessica Jones

• Interesting question. I've been thinking about this. I think it all breaks down to what you want in your life. What your goals are and what you are comfortable with. If you are following the path you want then you should be in a good mental state. If something is bothering you, then obviously it's not good. You mentioned that you are anti-social and don't like the modern dating world. That means, dating is not right for you. So if you avoid dating, you will have good mental health because it suits you. I have similar views on dating and relationships. So I'm gonna stay single because that's what makes me comfortable and happy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I want to meet women like Jessica Jones yet I know this is very impossible in such a feminized society. so yea I think its gonna make it a lot worst for me and that is why I avoid it, because it will bother me sooner or later.

anyways glad too see someone is in the same page as me

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 8

• You can't define yourself, or count on someone else to make you happy. So I'd say it's quite normal to be single.

0|1
    0|0
    • that's exactly what im saying, i think dating is so one sided nowadays that i think if you date you're bound to lose happiness itself. all that in exchange for lame boring ass sex that you probably might regret later on

• No, it doesn't reflect your mental health in any way, shape or form.

It actually might make it worse.

0|2
    0|0
    • yea I agree, the way women operate nowadays its bound to make it worst

• I think a person you love can help you feel better but dating doesn’t mean you’re mentally healthy

Charles starkweatther being a good example

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what counseling your getting. If your dating it may be a red flag, or may show growth. Putting yourself out there and trusting someone is growth. Just looking to hook up could be a red flag

0|0
    0|0
    • hooking up is what I want but unfortunately very few women nowadays are ready for hookups, hell the vast dont even know what hookup even is. they think fucking them for one night means you automatically "love" them and must stay committed to them like you're in some relationship with them and if you dont obey any of their wish then they automatically feel "used"

• It's a messed up world

• I would say yes, particularly if you are in a productive and healthy relationship. Dating demonstrates you have social skills, enjoy the company of others and are not being antisocial.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

0|1
    0|0
  • it definitely made mine worse

0|0
    0|0
    • i guess it could also make it better if i find the right person this time who will actually be honest with me

• yes it does

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes