Were you in a relationship with someone who has a child? How long did it last?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I gave up on that a long time ago.

On two occasions I tried dating single moms. They always had something going on related to the kid. Not having any time to date does nothing to help foster a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was with her when she was in her second month and I stayed with her until the babies first birthday. Than she told me she wanted to go with a guy that was more financially stable and had a house of his own. Last I heard of her was the guy took her to Wisconsin and left her

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, for almost 7 years. His two boys were just little ones and now I have a son with him. It’s hard but at the time I wasn’t going to punish him for trying to have a family before me. I’m very family oriented and that’s what I want to it wasn’t hard for me to be involved with someone with children. Now as a single mom I find it’s hard to date someone because I’m a mom and I feel there is this form a judgment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never but I once went on a date with a man who had a kid. I liked his lifestyle and his personality was okay but he sounded like an unfaithful player and he kicked me out of his house after 4 hours because he had another date scheduled later that evening.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• 2 years but it wasn't cause of her son I love him and tried very hard not to step on the toes of his father if it was my son I would feel pretty shitty and pissed if he called his moms boyfriend dad although he would piss me off when he would come over and say some sly shit trying to get her back by using her son as emotional bait

1|0
    0|0
  • I have and it lasted around 2 years. We were very young at the time and we just split because we knew we weren't for eachother. I loved the little boy too and treated him like my own. I still am great friends with the both of them. I feel if you're not just there for sexual activity and are there for something real i think it could really work

1|0
    0|0
  • A few months, but there was no spark. The problem I found is that single mum's is you're not dating just them. You are dating them and their kids and as such if it doesn't work out you have to break up with their kids too. It's ok to say wait untill you know but the kids will end up being involved if you want anything other than casual dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I started seeing a single mum of 3. Seemed to start well but she called it off afeter 6 weeks. She was trying to get a business started, said she didn't have time to start a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not so much how long you with that person it is the acceptance of the relationship knowing they have a child. I was married to one who had 2 kids she gave 3 more. After 12 1/2 years we split for good. It's up to you and the one your with. Remember a way to there heart is to there kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Several relationships with women who had from 1 to 4 kids. Most of my relationships have lasted 1-5 years. Some only a few months. Anything less than that I don't consider a committed relationship.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was it was an on again off again relationship for numerous years. permanently out of the picture for the past two and a half close to three years now

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of times... I am pretty great with kids so that wasn't a problem.. but unfortunately the relationship usually only lasted until either she or I did something to mess it up.. not saying I am a saint but it was usually on their end

1|0
    0|0
  • About 2 months. She was 10 years older, and we were just in different places in life

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah a couple of times. They lasted less than a year

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• Yes and 3 years but it was horrible. I'm jealous but I understand you have to talk to your baby mama or daddy because of kids.
    The problem is that they talked beyond kids and got back together and he didn't tell me.

I likely wouldn't do it again, especially since I don't have kids myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, two kids with two different baby moms..
    he's currently my fiance and we have a baby together.
    Nothing wrong with that ❤ I love his kids as if they were my own along with my baby girl.

1|0
    0|1
  • My husband, and we have been together almost 19 years. My step daughter is a wonderful human being.

1|0
    0|0
  • It didn't last long at all. But that's just because he was a douchebag

1|0
    0|0
  • The other way around a few times. Longest 10 years. But it's not easy my friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been in one for fourteen years and counting. It has not always been easy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm the one with the children.. Lasted 3 months.. He said they were too much. Now he wants me back.. But I don't think so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. I though he had a child and I was gonna leave him

0|0
    0|0
  • I did many times and it never lasted they always want let you know how much they love their kids

0|0
    0|0
  • About five minutes after he told me he had kids.

2|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes