Guys, which do YOU prefer? Looks or personality?

It all started in High school. I asked guys who passed by in the hallway which they preferred because I was curious, and almost ALL of them said looks.. which made me question Men. I don’t know if they’re just shallow or they didn’t understand my question. Guys, help me out here?
  • Looks
    Vote A
  • Personality
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You can't "prefer" one - to be really attracted to someone, you need both.

I wouldn't date someone who I wasn't physically attracted to, and wasn't also attracted to their personality.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks is typically more important at first because it's naturally what gets noticed first and guys especially tend to be very visual. But even the most beautiful girl will get very boring very fast if she has a lame personality, no sense of humor, etc.

Basically looks gets you in the race and then personality is what would get you to the finish line.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh there isn't a absolute clear answer to look or personality, usually is a combination of both for things to work. Let's be very honest, you wouldn't notice a person's personality if you are not even a slightest attracted to their look right. Personality just doesn't get display out in plain site, you have to notice the person to see their personality. And physical attraction is when you start to notice the person.
    Younger boys will say look because that's all they see, and as they grow to be more mature, it slightly move towards a balance of both look and personality. I hardly think that there will be someone out there that says 100% personality and nothing about the look.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• What can I say, they're immature. What's the point of a hot body if she doesn't put out, complains about petty things, and is obsessed with herself?

0|0
    0|1
  • As someone who lives in the real world, I think you surely can have a strong preference in either looks or personality, it reflects the characteristics of the population around you.

For example I believe most people have decent personality, I'm not saying they are all angels, they have different flavors but I have never met a girl whose deal breaker is her personality. So it's about looks for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks is more important... personality can later be adapted to or molded... appearance will stay the same

0|0
    1|0
  • Although i of course care about looks, this is a no brainer. Just like girls with no personality are.

0|0
    0|1
  • I prefer personality.

I could date a plain girl with a good personality, but I couldn't date an ugly one.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had to choose looks.

0|0
    0|1
  • Both without both you won't get someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Give me the looks.. Personality changes quicker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • lets not pretend women dont care about looks. looks are how we get partners in the first place. personality comes after looks but then comes more important once the people get to know eachother

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• shallow

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes